• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Could next week's announcement be Let's Go! Johto?

Could next week’s announcement be Let’s Go! Johto?

Could next week’s announcement be Let’s Go! Johto?

Next week’s mysterious announcement might be a return to Johto. Let’s take a look at the clues to see why!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Tbh, glad I stayed skeptical about this one not being the Let's go game sequels... a shame the plushies behind Ishihara ended up not meaning anything, though. Oh well.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2020
    Not really, the period between the release of XY and the announcement of ORAS have the same gap as the release of SwSh and DP remakes, if it is indeed the DP remakes...

But I won't be surprised if that "big project" is both DP remakes and the Johto LG (loosely Crystal based)...

I'm not sure either Let's Go Johto or DPPt remakes would really classify as a "big project"...or at least, one could not claim Let's Go Johto is somehow less of a remake than hypothetical DPPt remakes would be travis scott. They'll have to rebuild the entire region from the ground-up for the Switch either way. If anything Johto might actually be LESS of a big project, because half the game - Kanto - has already been made...although given the limited scope of the Let's Go titles, I find it unlikely a Let's Go Johto would actually include Kanto postgame. Very unlikely. That'd certainly put a bee in the ear of disgruntled players as well, given how miserably threadbare and content-lacking SnS were.

Back