• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CosmicEmerald Version [Updated! 12/24/2019]

Years
Okidoki

Just got badge 7 now. I also plan to complete the Pokedex.
I really love this hack. Emerald itself is a great game packed with content, and this hack makes it even more complete.

By the way, how do I enter New Mauville? I would like to catch Electabuzz and Magnemite

Years
Okidoki

Just got badge 7 now. I also plan to complete the Pokedex.
I really love this hack. Emerald itself is a great game packed with content, and this hack makes it even more complete.

By the way, how do I enter New Mauville? I would like to catch Electabuzz and Magnemite

Thanks for the kind words, glad you're enjoying the game so far.

For New Mauville, you have to catch at least 150 different kinds of Pokémon (Nationally) and Wattson should show up outside for you to start the sidequest.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 24, 2020
Does anyone know how to get Jirachi? I have the Wish Tag but I dunno how to use it. It's the only pokemon left to complete my National Pokedex.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 24, 2020
What do you mean by rest up on the bed at Littleroot in the Jirachi event? Sorry but I'm from Peru so I don't speak English properly :/

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 24, 2020
At what exactly hour happens the Jirachi Event? And also what does it mean to rest up at Littleroot bed? I'm from Peru so i don't speak English pretty well, and until I know the only way to rest there is by talking with the mom, not on the bed.

Years
Does anyone know how to get Jirachi? I have the Wish Tag but I dunno how to use it. It's the only pokemon left to complete my National Pokedex.

What do you mean by rest up on the bed at Littleroot in the Jirachi event? Sorry but I'm from Peru so I don't speak English properly :/

At what exactly hour happens the Jirachi Event? And also what does it mean to rest up at Littleroot bed? I'm from Peru so i don't speak English pretty well, and until I know the only way to rest there is by talking with the mom, not on the bed.

Here's what to do next for the event:
Spoiler:

Also I understand you wanted help quickly but you only need to post one message at a time for me to get a notification. More messages with the same question can make the thread more cluttered and hard to navigate. There should be an edit button you can use at the bottom of your posts so you don't have to make more messages in a row. It's also not really a great idea to 'like' all of your own posts, it won't do any good either.

I hope this solves your questions, and thanks for the compliment message in my inbox. The Jirachi event was pretty fun and challenging for me to make and I hope you enjoy it.

Last edited:
Years
Everyone, I've just found out how to get the day/night system and real-time clock working properly in mGBA, and potentially other emulators/hardware (3DS?) as well. Endrift, who is currently developing mGBA, had made a patch for the .EXE of "Day Night and Seasons" that fixes the problem.

I've removed and re-inserted CosmicEmerald's RTC system and created a patch for it I linked to below. My work on this game has been very slow and inconsistent the past year but I know a lot of people have been wanting a fix for the clock issue. For this reason it felt necessary to make it available right now, and in subsequent releases of the game it won't need to be patched in separately.

Basically, just patch the game with this and you're set.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vg5wvgsnr6fpa9x/[CE]_DayNightClock_mGBA_Fix.ips/file

Last edited:
Years
No update to the game, though I just made one to the main post with some technical-enthusiast stuff and info about save file compatibility:

Δ CosmicEmerald is backwards-compatible with normal Emerald Version save files. All of your old progress will count in this game so you can pick up where you left off!
  • Yes, this means you can still do all the new events and late-game content, even with an already completed Emerald save. All the new events have unique in-game flags/triggers so you won't miss anything, except any high-tier berries now held by legendaries you already battled in your old save. However, I can't make any promises for save files you import from other ROM hacks. You'll also miss an inconsequential line or two of dialogue added to the main story.
  • For those concerned about 'legit vs legal': any Pokémon you catch that are not from their non-hacked locations or encounter slots (as is the case with the majority of Gen-3 Pokémon ROM hacks) likely won't be considered legal to official tournaments, PokéBank, GTS, etc. They are still legit, since you still earned them, assuming you got them through actual gameplay and didn't construct/Gameshark them. The difference is really due to how each Pokémon's PID (personality ID/value) is generated by these games. That really can't be helped, but thankfully you can still fix any "invalid" PIDs if you want (though these invalid PIDs are harmless to the game).
  • Also if you'd like to RNG-abuse for Shinies, high IVs, etc., you are way better off doing it on regular R/S/E since CE's PRNG and encounter slots are too different. Finding random/stationary Shiny encounters is apparently still 1/8192, though I can't guarantee they'd have 'legal' PIDs (if this matters at all to you of course).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 13, 2022
i have a Problem with the Day/Night Cycle
i installed Cosmic Emerald as a .cia on my 3DS, the game is running great and all but my cycle is stuck on night. it's dark constantly. i know there is a patch to remove the optical aspects of the cycle but i would like to make it work.

Years
i have a Problem with the Day/Night Cycle
i installed Cosmic Emerald as a .cia on my 3DS, the game is running great and all but my cycle is stuck on night. it's dark constantly. i know there is a patch to remove the optical aspects of the cycle but i would like to make it work.

Hi Shiska, have you tried using the "mGBA fix" patch I uploaded a few posts above? It should fix the real-time clock problem, though I don't know if it would really work on the 3DS. It's the best I can offer right now so hopefully it solves the issue.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 25, 2021
Just an FYI, as far as my knowledge, none of the patches made so far have been able to get ROM Hacks which use the DNS Day/Night + RTC system made by prime-dialga to work on 3DS hardware.
When installed as a CIA its always at a 00:00 colour palette and a Sunday.
I've tried every patching, removing, re-patching and cia building method available multiple times and sadly it just doesn't seem to play with the 3ds internal clock at all (which is strange given that the Gen 2 RTC system is able to keep in sync with it quite well)

The closest I've gotten was using the GBsp inject method via the Super injector, while it did get the RTC working, sadly the emulation itself isn't at all up to par in that format and the game always crashes at the rival fight for whatever reason.

Years
Just an FYI, as far as my knowledge, none of the patches made so far have been able to get ROM Hacks which use the DNS Day/Night + RTC system made by prime-dialga to work on 3DS hardware.
When installed as a CIA its always at a 00:00 colour palette and a Sunday.
I've tried every patching, removing, re-patching and cia building method available multiple times and sadly it just doesn't seem to play with the 3ds internal clock at all (which is strange given that the Gen 2 RTC system is able to keep in sync with it quite well)

The closest I've gotten was using the GBsp inject method via the Super injector, while it did get the RTC working, sadly the emulation itself isn't at all up to par in that format and the game always crashes at the rival fight for whatever reason.

Dang, I was hoping the new patch would fix the 3DS problem. Unfortunately I don't own a 3DS to test things with, as I do all game emulation on either a PSP or laptop. If there was a way to use the ROMs in just .gba format (directly), it may work but I'm guessing there isn't a way as of now. Thanks for letting me know about this, it may be a bummer but it's good to have the info at least.

darthbr

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
How do i revert to The stock ovrrworld graphics? Your rom is amazing.. But The gran final is stock graphics.

Years
How do i revert to The stock ovrrworld graphics? Your rom is amazing.. But The gran final is stock graphics.

There's no practical way to do it really. To make a patch for that I'd have to essentially 'reverse hack' most of the graphics changes I made. The real problems come in when considering all the little tweaks and edits made to get the new graphics working in the first place. Sorry but it's a ton of stuff and I don't see myself going through all that in reverse.

Years
I was wondering, the need for HMs could be completely removed from the game, or simply having a HM would allow you to use it without having to teach it to one of your pokémon. Seriously, why do hacks still keep HMs today?

Years
I was wondering, the need for HMs could be completely removed from the game, or simply having a HM would allow you to use it without having to teach it to one of your pokémon. Seriously, why do hacks still keep HMs today?

I wouldn't really remove the HMs, but the idea of using it without teaching it to a Pokémon seems like it could be interesting. In fact, I can already imagine some neat Key Items I could create that would mimic the HMs. I'll consider trying that if I can get back into developing this game further.

Years
Just wanted to thank SkyVortex for this hack; I recently loaded up my Emerald cart on my GBA and was sorely disappointed about a multitude of things (not being able to rematch Steven, no ubers on Battle Frontier, no physical/special split) and this hack addressed all those issues while adding others that I am appreciative of (mystery gifts available in game, reusable TMs). The fact that I was able to just carry over my save file from my Emerald cart was the icing on the cake.

I do have a couple questions/suggestions:
1. Is there a way to reset the clock? It seems the in-game clock is stuck at around 12:05 AM for me.
2. Is there a shop that sells TMs? The reusable TM mechanic is great, but some I have already used up (TM26, earthquake, for example) and there's no way to acquire some of these TMs ever again in-game. If there isn't a shop that sells all TMs, could it please be added in a future update?

Years
Just wanted to thank SkyVortex for this hack; I recently loaded up my Emerald cart on my GBA and was sorely disappointed about a multitude of things (not being able to rematch Steven, no ubers on Battle Frontier, no physical/special split) and this hack addressed all those issues while adding others that I am appreciative of (mystery gifts available in game, reusable TMs). The fact that I was able to just carry over my save file from my Emerald cart was the icing on the cake.

I do have a couple questions/suggestions:
1. Is there a way to reset the clock? It seems the in-game clock is stuck at around 12:05 AM for me.
2. Is there a shop that sells TMs? The reusable TM mechanic is great, but some I have already used up (TM26, earthquake, for example) and there's no way to acquire some of these TMs ever again in-game. If there isn't a shop that sells all TMs, could it please be added in a future update?

Hey Lord Gengar, thank you too for playing, and for the suggestions :)

1) The only way I know of to do this would be to reset its event flag in a save editor, such as PKHeX (the best one I've seen and it just recently has been updated). There's a clickable button in PKHeX that lets you do this easily. It seems there is no possible button combination to press in-game like there was in G/S/C to reset the clock. Also note that in PKHeX some Pokémon may show up as 'invalid' with a red triangle icon on them when you load it up, but this is totally normal when playing a ROM hack.

2) There is currently no way to get those TMs again aside from linking up (in emulators or via link cable) with a save file that has them, or using PKHeX to add them in. However, I'm almost certain I can write a script that can check to see if you are missing any of them and allow you to buy them. I think it would be a fun one to write actually, so I'll take note of this and see what I can do.

Last edited:
Years
Hey Lord Gengar, thank you too for playing, and for the suggestions :)

1) The only way I know of to do this would be to reset its event flag in a save editor, such as PKHeX (the best one I've seen and it just recently has been updated). There's a clickable button in PKHeX that lets you do this easily. It seems there is no possible button combination to press in-game like there was in G/S/C to reset the clock. Also note that in PKHeX some Pokémon may show up as 'invalid' with a red triangle icon on them when you load it up, but this is totally normal when playing a ROM hack.

2) There is currently no way to get those TMs again aside from linking up (in emulators or via link cable) with a save file that has them, or using PKHeX to add them in. However, I'm almost certain I can write a script that can check to see if you are missing any of them and allow you to buy them. I think it would be a fun one to write actually, so I'll take note of this and see what I can do.

Thanks for the answers, PKHeX allowed me to correct the in game-clock as well as add the Earthquake TM back to my bag- I didn't want to be forced to do that, but there was no other conveinent way as I had already used up Earthquake in my LeafGreen cart as well, so trading legitimately wasn't an option as well. Speaking of trading/battling with a link cable: Are there any issues with linking up this ROM via link cable to a legit Gen III cart? Since I instituted the Physical/Special type split so don't want to try and corrupt any save file in the process.

Years
Thanks for the answers, PKHeX allowed me to correct the in game-clock as well as add the Earthquake TM back to my bag- I didn't want to be forced to do that, but there was no other conveinent way as I had already used up Earthquake in my LeafGreen cart as well, so trading legitimately wasn't an option as well. Speaking of trading/battling with a link cable: Are there any issues with linking up this ROM via link cable to a legit Gen III cart? Since I instituted the Physical/Special type split so don't want to try and corrupt any save file in the process.

I don't fault you for using PKHeX there, especially considering how infinite-use TMs became official later on. As for trading/battling, I'd recommend making backups of your saves just in case. I didn't change anything about how the linking system works, I've traded numerous times between CosmicEmerald and the other Gen-3 games. Battling with the PS-Split however, I'm not sure about that. I'm about 80% sure it will glitch out because of the differences in damage calculation between the hacked and normal ROMs. Otherwise (if only one game does damage-calc at a time, which I doubt), it might work.

Last edited:
Back