• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I wanted to report an absolute impossible battle with a dynamaxed Exploud at level 46. I have a team of level 66 mons and I brought the Exploud down to red health like four times but since it moves at least two times every turn, it would use Rest and recover ALL of its health.

Then, because it could get out of any status condition each turn it would immediately wake up that same turn and attack once or twice. On top of all that, those damn barriers kept it alive and kept coming back after it refilled its health. It only has two bars but it was enough to keep it from being one shotted. I ended up getting booted from the battle after the 10 turns passed. Luckily, I still received the items.

Maybe make Rest unusable by dynamax or nerf it to 1/3 or 1/2 health.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    unknown.png

Well I can now officially say I've beat this game. Hope you're still accepting and adding people to the hall of fame. Well anyway, my team was as follows:

Banette @ Bannetteite
    Relaxed
    Ability: Frisk
    Poltergeist
    Trick Room
    Shadow Sneak
    Thunder Wave

The longest running team member, picked it up from Viridian 10 minutes into the hack and it's been on and off the team for ages but has always been in clutch for me when I needed it the most, including setting up Trick Room on the final battle.

Eelektross @ Expert Belt
    Quiet
    Ability: Fatal Precision
    Zap Canon
    Fire Blast
    Hydro Pump
    Volt Switch

This was a Seviper for most of the run, but I was keen to switch to Eelektross as it's a mostly useless otherwise Pokemon that gets an incredible buff in this game. Being able to land Zap Canon without ever missing makes it so good.

Wailord @ Chesto Berry
    Calm
    Ability: Multiscale
    Bouncy Bubble
    Ice Beam
    Rest
    Rain Dance

This bulky mon has been saving me throughout the run on multiple occasions, especially in multi battles, with how bulky it is and the ability to so reliably deny weather. Incredible move and ability combo thats brand new to this game. Almost used Dewgong instead though.

Torterra @ Yache Berry
    Jolly
    Ability: Self-Sufficient
    Wood Hammer
    Earthquake
    Head Smash
    Shell Smash

The only mon I had to breed up in the min grinding playthrough. It took so long from getting the female Turtwig to where I could actually catch a Turtonator its unreal. The roadblock stopping you from going to bike road until you beat Sabrina was probably the most frustrating thing in this entire game. Originally knew Grav Apple too, passed down from the Flapple I had been using up til that point, but it just wasn't doing enough damage, even after a Shell Smash.

Granbull @ Choice Scarf
    Naive
    Ability: Bull Rush
    Play Rough
    Close Combat
    Crunch
    Rock Slide

The second longest surviving member on my team. As soon as I saw it had a unique typing and a brand new ability I knew I had to use this thing. Really started dropping off in the late game until I found the Choice Scarf where it went right back to being clutch, even securing the final blow of the run.

Darmanitan-G @ Leftovers
    Jolly
    Ability: Zen Mode
    Icicle Crash
    Flare Blitz
    Earthquake
    U-Turn

Earthquake was Superpower and Lefties was Choice Band up until the very final fight, but this is probably the most standard pick of the entire team. Was originally an Alolan Marowak for its fun new ability until Alolawak wasn't proving its worth anymore and a perma Zen mode Darmanitan sounded too good to pass up. Lost the 1v1 against the rivals Darmanitan-G unfortunately, but still was a powerhouse throughout the end game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2021
    Hey, I think there's something off with the documentation regarding Snubbull, it doesn't get Defiant as a ability, it has Intimidate and Strong Jaw

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hey, I think there's something off with the documentation regarding Snubbull, it doesn't get Defiant as a ability, it has Intimidate and Strong Jaw

Defiant is it's hidden ability
    You can't switch it with an ability pill

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2021
    Does anyone know of a batteryless patch for this rom? I am absolutely loving it but would really love to play it on a real device! :D

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Does anyone know of a batteryless patch for this rom? I am absolutely loving it but would really love to play it on a real device! :D

In the Options menu for your Emulator, there's a menu called Emulator. In that menu, enable Real Time Clock. For the option further down 'Save Type', I go 'Automatic' and 'Flash 128K'. Finally, there's a file you can download for Visualboy Advance called vba-over.ini that should help out. Just place it into the folder where all your Visualboy Advance files are.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2021
    In the Options menu for your Emulator, there's a menu called Emulator. In that menu, enable Real Time Clock. For the option further down 'Save Type', I go 'Automatic' and 'Flash 128K'. Finally, there's a file you can download for Visualboy Advance called vba-over.ini that should help out. Just place it into the folder where all your Visualboy Advance files are.

This doesn't help me with getting it working on an actual Gameboy and cartridge though, unless I am misunderstanding?

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2021
    Yeah I've been at this for a few weeks with minimal progress, but if I do figure it out, I'll drop it here so the next person can benefit! :S

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Hello everyone, stupid question but I was wondering: the post game, like the seven islands, are there even if not with enhanced difficulty or only up to the league as described? Silly question I know but I had to ask it😩

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Hello. can u plz varify my account in discord by checking my account here? im not a bot...

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • One thing I'd like to see in the next update is every Pokemon that can have Frisk as their ability gets to learn Thief by TM, I wanted to do a Rock type only run, and got a Rockruff with Frisk, but I was upset that Rockruff couldnt learn Thief. It meant I couldnt reliably farm items I'd need like Mushrooms or Nuggets.

EDIT- To add to this, I would like to see there being at least one Pokemon of every type that can have the Frisk/Thief combo.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2021
    how do you install this? ANd can someone give me a link to a emulator that i can play this on?

Years
  • Excuse me a question, all obtainable Pokémon can be obtained in their Shiny form.I want to make a living dex with all the Pokémon in their normal form and in their Shiny form in different games and i wanted to try

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    Is quick claw not available / usable in this hack? I can't find it anywhere, and if you hack it in, it never seems to trigger.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Excuse me a question, all obtainable Pokémon can be obtained in their Shiny form.I want to make a living dex with all the Pokémon in their normal form and in their Shiny form in different games and i wanted to try

I don't think any Pokemon are shiny locked so you *should* be able to find shiny versions of all mons, although I'm unsure about roaming Pokes. Also, there are 25 boxes, 750 spaces available in the PC. So, a living dex is impossible as there are over 800 available Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2021
    Hello, I'm currently playing Hardcore Minimal Grinding 2.3a and there's something bugging me. There's this npc in Celadon who gives you a Pikachu for a yellow shard. I've been trading with him trying to get all Pika forms and I just realized I got two of the exact same Pikachu, same Natures, Abilities, IVs and EVs but they have different stats. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• radical-red-v2.3a_1632921481937.png
      radical-red-v2.3a_1632921481937.png
      6.5 KB · Views: 23
    • radical-red-v2.3a_1632921477560.png
      radical-red-v2.3a_1632921477560.png
      6.4 KB · Views: 21
    Years
  • I don't think any Pokemon are shiny locked so you *should* be able to find shiny versions of all mons, although I'm unsure about roaming Pokes. Also, there are 25 boxes, 750 spaces available in the PC. So, a living dex is impossible as there are over 800 available Pokemon.

Yes, I already had that in mind because I wanted to try with those who could so that I could have the majority and upload the game to the internet so that everyone can access it and get the ones they wanted and I also wanted to do a solo with shynis for the same although in both games I would have to upload them in parts

Back