• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Fire Gold 1.4

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
Years
  • showcase-titlescreen-2.png

Pokémon Fire Gold 1.4
    I was really inspired by the idea of LGPE and I wanted to make Johto include a later generation feature. so here it is. It contains an original, original, original plot from Pokémon Crystal, where you travel through Johto and Kanto with many remade post-game contents. The game is an FR-based GBA hack.
    16 gyms, Kanto and mt.silver are finished!
    I do have future plans with the game so if you have solid suggestions, I am happy to hear.

Join our discord!

Plots:
    The player travels through the center region of Johto and Kanto, to defeat Gyms and battle against Team Rocket. Added in the post-game contents, players will also be able to rebattle gym leaders, encounter Celebi, and trade regional forms. Here're some sneak peaks from the game.

Game Aesthetics:
    update of 1.4
    showcase-preview-national-park-day.png
    preview-national-park.png
    showcase-preview-national-park-evening.png
    showcase-preview-national-park-night.png

showcase-battle-background-grass-morning.png
    showcase-battle-background-grass-day.png
    showcase-battle-background-grass-evening.png
    showcase-battle-background-grass-night.png

showcase-ecruteak-city-night.png
    showcase-goldenrod-city-night.png
    showcase-battletower-night.png
    showcase-trees-kanto.png

showcase-battle-background-ice.png
    showcase-battle-background-snow.png
    showcase-photo-shiny.png
    showcase-location-square.png

update of 1.3 what happened to 1.2??
    showcase-berry-shop.png
    showcase-tutor-return-frustration.png
    showcase-tutor-ultimate-moves.png
    showcase-rival-naming.png

showcase-jasmine-in-cafe.png
    showcase-hp-up.png
    showcase-tgiovanni-3.png
    unknown.png

update of 1.1.7
    3.png
    4.png
    blue.png
    5.png

6.png
    2.png
    wallpaper-16.png
    fixes.png

update of 1.1.5
    fast.png
    love.png
    showcase-trainer-card.png
    showcase-save-screen.png

update of 1.1
    showcase-odd-egg.png
    showcase-h.png
    showcase-braille-escape.png
    showcase-puzzle-kabuto.png

I am a big fan of good maps and tiles, adopting maps from HGSS, I worked on the tiles to make them more GBA friendly.
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

showcase-route-14.png
    showcase-slowpoke-well.png
    showcase-sprout-tower.png
    showcase-ilex-forest.png

showcase-route-47.png
    showcase-violet-city.png
    showcase-ruins-of-alph-kabuto-chamber.png
    showcase-bellchime-trail.png

showcase-lake-of-rage-wednesday.png
    showcase-lake-of-rage.png
    showcase-route-41.png
    showcase-mount-silver-upper-outside.png

showcase-dragons-den.png
    showcase-goldenrod-city.png
    showcase-national-park.png
    showcase-route-45.png

unknown.png
    map-kanto.png
    unknown.png
    showcase-item.png

unknown.png
    showcase-habitat.png
    sabrina.png
    misty.png

showcase-computer-box.png
    showcase-hail.png
    showcase-x-scizzor.png
    showcase-elite-four-will.png

I also worked intensively on music, including route 47 and 48, check them out in-game!

Features:
    Spoiler:

Plans:
    Spoiler:

Help!
    I really need help, as I only know basic programming things...
    1. spriters
    2. programmers with asm knowledges: we are doing a radio feature in the coming update next!

Credits!
    Spoiler:

Download Link:
    Please use an UPS patcher to patch it on vanilla 1636 Squirrels Fire Red Rom V1.0
    please choose 'abort' in the patching option

Attachments

• firegold_1.4.1_biosfix.zip
      3.1 MB · Views: 5,305
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    So awesome! Really excited to play any documentation at all? Or knowledge of gym leaders levels so I can nuzlocke!

Years
    • Seen today
    That's odd. Maybe contact mods in the subreddit, I think this could get a lot of attention there.

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
    Years

• I really appreciate you taking all the time to find me all the resources, it really shows heart.
    i have added flight points, but the town map does not support showing more than 21.
    i did do research on the gbc music and ho-oh sprite. the sprites are not for cover use and i want to make my own in the future.
    I want to add GSC music but through a music converter like the GB player in the originals.
    the problem is I don't know how to compile the github files so far. this is the help i need the most right now.
    would you like to help me and be on the dev teams if you know how to use compilation?

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
    Years
    • Seen today
    I just got done with everything in Goldenrod City and I have a couple questions. Where is the coin case? Why are there no TMs in the mart?

Years
  • I really appreciate you taking all the time to find me all the resources, it really shows heart.
    i have added flight points, but the town map does not support showing more than 21.
    i did do research on the gbc music and ho-oh sprite. the sprites are not for cover use and i want to make my own in the future.
    I want to add GSC music but through a music converter like the GB player in the originals.
    the problem is I don't know how to compile the github files so far. this is the help i need the most right now.
    would you like to help me and be on the dev teams if you know how to use compilation?

So the cap is 21? What about "Part 4: Making the Game use the new flight spot." in the linked tutorial?

You can make it an item that turns the code on and off.

Sorry, but I'm actually working on my own project, not to mention real life.

Also, for light up windows, you can assign a variable to night state and make level scripts for the windows. That's the best thing I can think of, NGL.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2022
    I'm new here, but I was wondering if there is a guide for how to get certain pokemon currently in this game like hisuian starters?

Black_Fragrant

Finishing up my Firegold
    Years
  • I'm new here, but I was wondering if there is a guide for how to get certain pokemon currently in this game like hisuian starters?

there are no hisuian starters except for cyndaquil. wild pokemon are like GSC in the rom, regional forms are obtained through in-game -trading

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Gen 2 holds a special place in my Heart. So seeing this fills my heart with warmth (Especially since i played the likes of the original ShinyGold and LiquidCrystal from back then). I really want to see where this goes! The best of luck to you!

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2022
    there are no hisuian starters except for cyndaquil. wild pokemon are like GSC in the rom, regional forms are obtained through in-game -trading
    Understood. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Back