• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Can't build using msys2

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    I don't want to build using WSL1 because it's too complicated, nor do I want to use cygwin to build because it's apparently deprecated. I followed the msys2 tutorial here on the forums, but when I try to install.sh it ends at:
    make: Entering directory '/home/wille/agbcc/libgcc'
    Makefile:3: /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/base_tools: No such file or directory
    make: *** No rule to make target '/opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/base_tools'. Stop.
    make: Leaving directory '/home/wille/agbcc/libgcc'
    when i try making it,
    Package libpng was not found in the pkg-config search path.
    Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libpng.pc'
    to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
    Package 'libpng', required by 'virtual:world', not found
    convert_png.c:5:10: fatal error: png.h: No such file or directory
    5 | #include <png.h>
    | ^~~~~~~
    compilation terminated.
    make[1]: *** [Makefile:26: gbagfx.exe] Error 1
    make: *** [make_tools.mk:11: tools/gbagfx] Error 2
    gcc -Wall -Wextra -Werror -Wno-sign-compare -std=c11 -O2 -DPNG_SKIP_SETJMP_CHECK main.c convert_png.c gfx.c jasc_pal.c lz.c rl.c util.c font.c huff.c -o gbagfx.exe -lpng -lz
    /bin/bash: line 1: tools/scaninc/scaninc.exe: No such file or directory
    The last line repeats itself several times.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Did you really need to post this both, here and in this thread?

I don't want to build using WSL1 because it's too complicated, nor do I want to use cygwin to build because it's apparently deprecated. I followed the msys2 tutorial here on the forums, but when I try to install.sh it ends at:
    make: Entering directory '/home/wille/agbcc/libgcc'
    Makefile:3: /opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/base_tools: No such file or directory
    make: *** No rule to make target '/opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/base_tools'. Stop.
    make: Leaving directory '/home/wille/agbcc/libgcc'
    This error is interesting, because it means that you don't have the files of devkitARM inside your devkitPro installation, which makes me think that the installation didn't complete successfully at all.
    Go to C:\devkitPro and check that you have a devkitARM folder that looks like this structure-wise:
    Can't build using msys2

If you're missing folders or files, then as I said, the installation was not completed successfully. The installer of devkitPro opens a command window during the process that should report any critical errors that may have prevented files from being installed, I'd suggest you to uninstall your current copy of devkitPro if it effectively wasn't installed correctly, and pay close attention to that.
    If possible though, you really should use WSL1. It's not actually hard you know? My tutorial on how to set up the decomps on it is pretty straightforward.

when i try making it,
    convert_png.c:5:10: fatal error: png.h: No such file or directory
    5 | #include <png.h>
    | ^~~~~~~
    compilation terminated.
    make[1]: *** [Makefile:26: gbagfx.exe] Error 1
    make: *** [make_tools.mk:11: tools/gbagfx] Error 2
    gcc -Wall -Wextra -Werror -Wno-sign-compare -std=c11 -O2 -DPNG_SKIP_SETJMP_CHECK main.c convert_png.c gfx.c jasc_pal.c lz.c rl.c util.c font.c huff.c -o gbagfx.exe -lpng -lz
    /bin/bash: line 1: tools/scaninc/scaninc.exe: No such file or directory
    The last line repeats itself several times.
    This error is self-explanatory, you don't have libpng installed which is required to build these projects.
    If you look at the main post of my "building the decomps with MSys2" tutorial which you already checked, you'll see I explain how to build it from the source code and install it.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    I found why libpng wasn't installing correctly. I get this error:
    configure: error: in `/home/wille/desktop/libpng-1.6.34':
    configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
    See `config.log' for more details

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I found why libpng wasn't installing correctly. I get this error:
    configure: error: in `/home/wille/desktop/libpng-1.6.34':
    configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
    See `config.log' for more details
    Well, that's self-explanatory.
    Your environment can't find a compiler to build the code with linked to your PATH environment variable.
    I'm not sure if you did check if devkitARM was installed correctly like I told you, but I personally keep the following path in my PATH variable: c:\devkitpro\devkitarm\bin. (Windows is case insensitive so it doesn't matter that it's written in full lowercase.)
    If you did install devkitPro in your C: drive it should be the same, so you can safely add it at Win Key + R -> sysdm.cpl -> Advanced -> Environment Variables -> System variables: PATH.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Well, that's weird. It says it's installing correctly, but it's not in my paths. Also, my PATH is spelled "Path", is it case sensitive?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Well, that's weird. It says it's installing correctly, but it's not in my paths. Also, my PATH is spelled "Path", is it case sensitive?
    No, it's fine. The variable is called "PATH" but it appears as "Path".
    Also, devkitPro itself doesn't add the path to devkitARM's bin folder to your Path variable, you have to do that manually.

Back