• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] PKMN - Let's Go Mimikyu DX (v1.2.0 AVAILABLE NOW!)

Snooper16

The Bionic Man
Years
  • Introduction
    After general fixing up from converting from v19 to v20.1, I think it's time I show LGM DX to the world! There's been a few versions off-thread, but I think it's at the point where I can show it off confidently.

CURRENT DOWNLOAD: v1.2.0
    DEV-BUILD
    NOTE: Read the changelog for v1.1.3 updates!

Made with RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials v20.1
    An updated version of the fan game starring everyone's favorite outcast, Mimikyu! The plot is generally the same as EX, but there are some new characters, such as two new Rocket Admins!​
    Kudgel: An agent and enforcer of Team Rocket, and the brawn behind Khessi's branch. He has a no-nonsense attitude and is fiercely loyal to the Rockets.
    Molniya: A scientist serving under Khessi's branch of Team Rocket. Cold and calculating are her qualities, but she does admire strength when she sees it.

NEW FEATURES
    Hisuian Pokemon! They will use adapted data based on their base form.
    Dynamax Raid Adventures! These can be accessed after beating the 8th Gym and going to Route 9's cave.

TO DO:​
    ! - Fix spin tile animations and functions.
    ! - Implement Rocket Scientist Molniya's spriteset. COMPLETED
    ! - Make proper loops for in-game songs.
    ! - Finish the Alternate Shinies Project. CANCELLED
    ! - Overhaul the Battle Tower's roster.
    - Implement Battle Tourney. COMPLETED
    - Implement Battle Rush.
    - General bug fixes.

PKMN - Let's Go Mimikyu DX (v1.2.0 AVAILABLE NOW!)

Text files with the credits and patch notes are included in the download. You can find these notes in the root folder of the game.

CREDITS
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    checking Eevee's location crashes the game

Attachments

• PKMN - Let's Go Mimikyu DX (v1.2.0 AVAILABLE NOW!)
      Screenshot 2022-11-14 160606.png
      32.7 KB · Views: 11
    Last edited:

Snooper16

The Bionic Man
    Years
  • Is the plot the same as the original FRLG?
    Pretty much, with some additional small areas to explore. No Sevii Isles though.

checking Eevee's location crashes the game
    Good find, I will have to look into that. It could be because there's some maps outside of the region map that don't have a proper region tied to them, and Eevee can be found on one of these maps.

is there a discord server?
    No Discord server is available, since I'm the sole active developer on this game.

Snooper16

The Bionic Man
    Years
  • After a long hiatus, v1.0.4 is available now! Thank you to the players who discovered game-breaking bugs, do continue to report them!

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2023
    i need help with this game crashing my username on discord is [[hyperlinkblocked]] #4170 if you could help

Snooper16

The Bionic Man
    Years
  • The game has been updated, and addresses several bugs. It also (finally) opens the Battle Tourney! Currently there's no use for the BP won, but I'll add a vendor in so players can get their Pokemon trained up. There's a Kanto Leaders Tournament so far, but more brackets are planned!

Years
  • May I ask what happened to the text in this game?

The text itself looks strangely compressed, with pixels from the right side of almost every letter having been cut off, and the spacing between lines has been increased for seemingly no reason, with the top text being too close to the top of the UI box.

Example from Base Essentials for a side-by-side comparison:

Here's a more obvious example of why it looks so strange, taken from the bag.

Snooper16

The Bionic Man
    Years
  • May I ask what happened to the text in this game?

The text itself looks strangely compressed, with pixels from the right side of almost every letter having been cut off, and the spacing between lines has been increased for seemingly no reason, with the top text being too close to the top of the UI box.

Example from Base Essentials for a side-by-side comparison:

Here's a more obvious example of why it looks so strange, taken from the bag.

It suddenly shifted as I applied updates to the game, yet the default options used by vanilla essentials didn't seem to change. I tried to experimenting to no avail, if you have any suggestions for text positioning settings, please advise.

Snooper16

The Bionic Man
    Years
  • I apologize for the unavailable download for the longest time, but v1.2.0 is now live! Unfortunately this may be the final update for a while as I focus on other projects. As usual, read the changelog for updates. We skipped a whole version this time, so there'll be plenty of bugfixes!

EDIT: Dev Build now available if anyone wishes to fine-tune their experience or more actively continue development! Based on v1.2.0.

Last edited:
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen today
    I apologize for the unavailable download for the longest time, but v1.2.0 is now live! Unfortunately this may be the final update for a while as I focus on other projects. As usual, read the changelog for updates. We skipped a whole version this time, so there'll be plenty of bugfixes!

EDIT: Dev Build now available if anyone wishes to fine-tune their experience or more actively continue development! Based on v1.2.0.

Such a shame to see that this will be the final version of the game. Its been a while since i re visited the game since the EX version. Hope that you will be able to put out more bangers in the future.

Back