• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Odyssey [Beta 2.6]

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
Years

V3cxFya.png
► INTRODUCTION

Hello people! Long story short: this is a crossover project between Pokémon, Made in Abyss and Etrian Odyssey.
It's a sort of dungeon-crawler story-driven, but you don't need to know anything about Etrian Odyssey or Made in Abyss in order to fully enjoy this game!

► STORY

On the island of Talrega lies the entrance of the Yggdrasil labyrinth, a gigantic maze full of treasures that has attracted the attention of adventurers all around the world.
What are you looking for? Money? Fame? Or do you just want to test your trainer skills by tackling the maze?
Is there something deep down?
In this game you'll play as Nyx, a young adventurer that wants to challenge the labyrinth.
But as soon as she starts descending, something goes wrong...

► TRAILER

► INFORMATION

• Base ➜ Fire Red (U) 1.0
  • Status ➜ Beta v2.6
  • Language ➜ English
  • Main Story Completion ➜ 50%
  • Narrative Arcs (SPOILER ALERT)

Spoiler:

► SCREENSHOTS

S5sgbgA.png
xHggbZJ.png
D5Iy5z0.png
NgyOvGV.png

cLgwpNa.png
reCeQaN.png
VWqcfRP.png
450anuM.png

kfTyuiv.png
3Tmli14.png
slXc5f1.png
E93jG8g.png

iuPZLKz.png
wy9P37N.png
QjWkgEZ.png
9zNpa2L.png

k9cck42.png
1714137313021.png
ETtwGYX.png
OKnKscj.png

BhMGHKI.png
RkB9eTj.png
OnyPeu7.png
dita6Rp.png

► CHARACTERS

UVEKIGi.png
NYX

Young adventurer that wants to challenge the Yggdrasil Labyrinth. Good at Pokémon battles, she tries to follow in her sister's footsteps in order to surpass her. Signature Pokémon: Plusle & Minun

ksTHm9M.png
AIMÉE

The best explorer from the Adventurers Guild in the city of Talrega and Nyx's older sister. She's the one that wrote the majority of books and guides regarding the labyrinth, its treasures and mysteries. Signature Pokémon: ???

01OTrtn.png
ETHAN

An introverted and awkward boy who will travel with Nyx during her adventure. He has a mysterious connection with Aimée. Signature Pokémon: Kecleon.

o2L49RV.png
OLYMPIA

A strange girl who will travel with Nyx during her adventure. She claims to be a robot and acts like one. She has a mysterious connection with Aimée. Signature Pokémon: Mawile.

► FEATURES

• New story and region;
  • Double battles only, unless you only have one Pokémon;
  • No Gym leaders/evil team/elite4, it's time to explore!
  • Every Pokémon has been rebalanced;
  • New regional forms: the Etrian Variants!;
  • Available mons: gen 1 to 3, gen 4 evolutions and extras like Farigiraf;
  • Multiple difficulties and soft level caps;
  • EV-IV screen, nature colors etc etc;
  • No healing items during battle
  • Etrian Odyssey features such as Mining and Gathering points, Naval Exploration, Shop Upgrade and FOEs;
  • Sidequests and a sidequest menu;
  • Wonder Trade;
  • Every Pokémon in the game has 31 IVS so that you don't have to farm or breed in order to get a decent one;
  • You get no EVS from beating a Pokémon, instead you'll have to use Power Items or Vitamins (for a lowered price);
  • You can change the nature and the ability of your Pokémon using in-game functions;
  • Exp. Share Gen VI style as a game mechanic;
  • New soundtrack.

► DOWNLOAD

You'll need NUPS and a clean 1636 - Pokémon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) rom.
It is also recommended to use mGBA 0.9.2 or mGBA 0.10.0 on PC and Lemuroid or RetroArch with the mGBA core on Android devices.
Beta v2.6 ends at the beginning of the Fifth Stratum.

► Latest (ENG): Pokémon Odyssey Beta v2.6

► LINKS & DOCUMENTATION

► Discord ➜ Click here
► Wild encounters and Items ➜ Click here
► Pokémon stats, learnset etc. ➜ Click here
► Level Caps, Bosses, Naval Exploration map, Sidequests ➜ Click here

► SOUNDTRACK

► BETA TESTERS

Hapu, FlamingDragonGaming, LanturnJoe, Nah.png, Prof. A. Malgam, Streyar, Dekadent, Hallan, Seraphim, Ayato612, Yuni-1311, Zachsz, .fennec., Drextruction, Swonkfish, MissMidori, BurningMyDread, Meomite, Ponk, Ayrei, Vytron, Saiph, Flygon, Lusio, Dr. Jaska, Mediko.

► CREDITS

► Magiscarf ➜ Tilesets
► Aveontrainer ➜ Battle Backgrounds
► The-Red-eX ➜ Tilesets
► Ekat ➜ Tilesets
► Pyvetal ➜ Tilesets
► Aloeva ➜ Regional variants' concept art

► Mediko ➜ Regional variant' concept art and sprite
► Swonkfish ➜ Pixel art, regional variants' sprite
► kWharever ➜ Battle Backgrounds
► BadassBill ➜ Tilesets
► Kalarie ➜ Sprites (OW)
► Avon, SphericalIce, DoesntKnowHowToPlay, FBI, Daniils, Squeetz, Jambo51, VersekrDark ➜ Asm

Last edited:

Joegreenbeen

Shooting for the Sky
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
The art for this hack looks beautiful! I've never played the other games you've mentioned, but I'm excited for the English version

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Oh wow, i love the tiles and battle backgrounds you've used. I like the overall idea of what you are going for in this project. I'm really looking forward to the English translatied demo. ~

Last edited:

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
Years
The art for this hack looks beautiful! I've never played the other games you've mentioned, but I'm excited for the English version
Oh wow, i love the tilss ansbattls backgrounds you've used. I like the overall idea of what you are going for in this project. I'm really looking forward to the English translatied demo. ~

Thanks a lot! I hope the game will be worth the wait!

EVEN IN MY POKEMON GAME, F.O.E.-
My dude, you're a man of culture 👌

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
To be honest it's been pretty long time not seeing any room hack with new region and story, most of it being dropped, i hope someday this will be completed, please stay healthy and stay safe

Also how many gym in the future you plan for this game?

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
Years
To be honest it's been pretty long time not seeing any room hack with new region and story, most of it being dropped, i hope someday this will be completed, please stay healthy and stay safe

Also how many gym in the future you plan for this game?

I will, no worries!
Anyway, there are no Gyms in this game, as well as no evil team or Pokémon League.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I will, no worries!
Anyway, there are no Gyms in this game, as well as no evil team or Pokémon League.

Gym or no gym for me new region always good, i got bored by enchanted version recently, by no mean I'm not grateful to people who enchant pokemon original game, it just maybe i need new story and new feelings on atmosphere

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
Years
Update: all screenshots in the first post are now in English.
Translation's going well, I'd say we need at least 2/3 more weeks :^)

Last edited:

NotDWaddler

You're goin' straight to Gensokyo, Jimbo.
Years
So real question:

What are the odds of a
Spoiler:
being the final boss?

Or, lord forbid,
Spoiler:

Back