• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] 👋 just don’t ask about my secret identity..

boyblunder

[span=“background:#dc4b3 8 url('https://i.imgur.co
Years

• welcome to my secret hideout 🏯

i'm rejoining pokecommunity after several years. i just got scarlet so it seemed like a good time. forums were a huge part of growing up for me, and they really aren't around as much. good to see this one is still. i used to be active on a couple other forums — mostly pokemon solstice, ever grande city and pokesun — as "espevoir" back in the day (that's espeon and gardevoir mashed into one).

about me
    9Yk7NrU.png

i'm a 24-year-old living in texas and working as a journalist. i am big on food — both cooking and exploring new restaurants. i love hosting a good dinner party. i also like going out with friends, playing soccer, reading, watching movies and playing video games. i'd be a psychic gym leader if given the chance. my favorite pokemon game is still ruby, with black probably being my second. my favorite tv show ever is avatar the last airbender, and i'm very excited for avatar studios. my favorite movie is everything everywhere all at once. i'm big on animation. fan of marvel, too. i game less these days, mostly playing games like super smash brothers or warzone. hit me up if you'd like to play.

current team
    Q1elbaN.png

9GpDbsi.png
    M8LwSb7.png
    Y7wiCat.png
    g4QIY4H.png
    BYjNnhJ.png
    5Ac8sV4.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Spoiler:
    Welcome to PC, boyblunder! Woooooo your flair is superbly vibing, I'm blown away haha. And how do you do the name color changing thing? pls teach

Always nice to meet more people who were into forums back when they were all the rage ahah. I had accounts on some places like PE2K, mt.moon, evergrande, probs accs on serebii and bulbagarden too but I was never active there. PokéCommunity then kind of gulped me up and kept me here d: And somehow, this place has stayed active through all these years yeah. I've been here for most of it, and a looooot has changed but at the end of the day it's still an online chat platform where you can do whatever you like (within the rules!). I hope you'll enjoy your time being back!

Is that your Scarlet team? The more I hear about these games, the more I kinda want to play. But I haven't got a Switch and will probably never get one - pokémon is the only thing I'm really keen on playing on the platform, so it wouldn't be worth it to me. I still already love the trainers and many pokémon i've seen from these games (like Ceruledge <3) and that'll have to be enough I suppose :3

I bet you'll want to visit the Trade Corner, and sounds like you might enjoy the Entertainment & Media section too. Hope to see you around!

boyblunder

Years
  • Spoiler:
    Welcome to PC, boyblunder! Woooooo your flair is superbly vibing, I'm blown away haha. And how do you do the name color changing thing? pls teach

Always nice to meet more people who were into forums back when they were all the rage ahah. I had accounts on some places like PE2K, mt.moon, evergrande, probs accs on serebii and bulbagarden too but I was never active there. PokéCommunity then kind of gulped me up and kept me here d: And somehow, this place has stayed active through all these years yeah. I've been here for most of it, and a looooot has changed but at the end of the day it's still an online chat platform where you can do whatever you like (within the rules!). I hope you'll enjoy your time being back!

Is that your Scarlet team? The more I hear about these games, the more I kinda want to play. But I haven't got a Switch and will probably never get one - pokémon is the only thing I'm really keen on playing on the platform, so it wouldn't be worth it to me. I still already love the trainers and many pokémon i've seen from these games (like Ceruledge <3) and that'll have to be enough I suppose :3

I bet you'll want to visit the Trade Corner, and sounds like you might enjoy the Entertainment & Media section too. Hope to see you around!

thank you, thank you! i've always enjoyed making css layouts, so i couldn't resist making a custom flair. the secret to the color changing is to make a gif the background image of your font!

this team is simply fiction. it's the team i'd have today if pokemon were real. the truth is i haven't event opened scarlet yet because i left my switch at my apartment and have been visiting family for the past few weeks. i'll def visit the trade corner and the entertainment sections though!

thank you for the welcome!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello!
    Always nice to see someone who appreciates Psychic types =3
    For me it's my 3rd favorite type =)
    And you have an Espeon on your ideal team too! =D
    Eeveelutions are a sign of quality taste, you know =P

Since you haven't opened Scarlet yet: do you already have an idea who you'll be picking as your starter?
    Have you ever tried completing your PokeDex in a Pokemon game? If so, did you succeed?

boyblunder

Years
  • Hello!
    Always nice to see someone who appreciates Psychic types =3
    For me it's my 3rd favorite type =)
    And you have an Espeon on your ideal team too! =D
    Eeveelutions are a sign of quality taste, you know =P

Since you haven't opened Scarlet yet: do you already have an idea who you'll be picking as your starter?
    Have you ever tried completing your PokeDex in a Pokemon game? If so, did you succeed?

yess!! eeveelutions are the best. it seems you have quite the collection!

i am planning on getting sprigatito. i love all things magic so their final evolution is what clinched it for me.

i haven't really tried in earnest to complete a pokedex, i'm afraid. when i was younger i used to catch every pokemon i came across, but honestly, i get a little burnt out from hunting each one. but i might try to complete the regional pokedex this game!

Years
  • My sig is constantly reminding me that I still need to shiny breed two more, but with all the Pokemon games coming out the last year or two I just haven't had time lol

I went with Sprigatito too =3
    Cat gang =D
    I like the animation of the final evos signature move =)
    Though the mid stage had a fun attack animation whenever it used a move too. imo anyway.
    You'll see soon enough I suppose =3

Do you plan out your teams for a playthrough or do you pick up mons you like/want to use as you encounter them?

Years
  • Hello BoyBlunder, and welcome back to the forums!

Just don't ask about my secret identity...
    Is it Bruce Wayne ?

I loved playing Ruby too! I will always fondly remember watching my Swampert single-handedly plow through the whole game, League included. ^^
    I watched this movie, "Everything everywhere all at once", it was awesome! Not long after watching another certain movie about multiverses...
    I like the team in your signature! Are they your favourite pokémon ?
    I hope you will enjoy playing Scarlet!

boyblunder

Years
  • My sig is constantly reminding me that I still need to shiny breed two more, but with all the Pokemon games coming out the last year or two I just haven't had time lol

I went with Sprigatito too =3
    Cat gang =D
    I like the animation of the final evos signature move =)
    Though the mid stage had a fun attack animation whenever it used a move too. imo anyway.
    You'll see soon enough I suppose =3

Do you plan out your teams for a playthrough or do you pick up mons you like/want to use as you encounter them?

cat gang!!! 🐈

i do a mix, depending on my mood. i think i'll go in blind for this one though!

Hello BoyBlunder, and welcome back to the forums!

Is it Bruce Wayne ?

I loved playing Ruby too! I will always fondly remember watching my Swampert single-handedly plow through the whole game, League included. ^^
    I watched this movie, "Everything everywhere all at once", it was awesome! Not long after watching another certain movie about multiverses...
    I like the team in your signature! Are they your favourite pokémon ?
    I hope you will enjoy playing Scarlet!

hahahah, how do you know bruce wayne 😰 i'm not him tho

yessss i watched MoM close to my watch of everything everywhere — and it really highlighted the different approaches between the two.

thank you! they're not all necessarily my favorite pokemon of all time (tho a few are for sure), but i made a team based on the vibe i'm feeling now, if that makes sense haha.

gardevoir is near the top of the list, so i appreciate your name + theme :)

Back