• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Ultimate Gym Leader Challenge

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Ultimate Gym Leader Challenge

Welcome! Tired of being restricted to one game for a certain gym leader? Never fear! That ends now. In this challenge, you can be a Unova leader in the region that started it all, Kanto. You can be your favorite Johto leader in Hoenn. Like Sinnoh leaders, but not Sinnoh itself? Have we got a challenge for you! Keep on reading, trainer, and see what adventures await!

Rules
1. HM slaves are allowed.
2. This challenge is for all main games. You can pick any leader in any game.
3. Duplicate Pokemon are allowed, however no more than two of the same Pokemon.
4. HM slaves are allowed.
5. You may hack/trade in up to three Pokemon if the Pokemon you chose are not available to get before fighting the E4.
6. If your leader's signature Pokemon is available in the game, whether in-game or by trading/hacking, you must use it or its pre-evolution. (ex. Jasmine using Onix if you're playing Red) They will be indicated in the list by a * next to its name.
7. You must have a team of no less than four.
8. Some gym leaders have more than one legendary to choose from, however you are limited to only one if you choose to use them.
9. You may trade/hack in evolutionary items if they are in the post-game.
10. Challenge is finished after defeating the region champion OR Red in GSC/HGSS

The Leaders:
I only did until Kalos because I'm familiar until gen 6, if you want to help add the rest, feel free to message me

Kanto
Spoiler:

Johto
Spoiler:

Hoenn:
Spoiler:

Sinnoh
Spoiler:

Unova
Spoiler:

Kalos
Spoiler:

Sign-Up Form
Username: Captain Gizmo
Game: Emerald
Leader: Juan

Gym Leaders:
Captain Gizmo (Juan)

Original challenge created by Sydian

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Hey look, an excuse for me to use Xatu outside a solo run.

Username: BlissyMKW
Game: Silver (was going to do Gold, but Lugia solves any potential Rock type related problems and can learn Surf even if I require 7 badges to access it)
Leader: Falkner

I don't know if I'll be doing all 16 gym leaders for sure, but we'll see. May also have to do some runs with altering the starter as some aces aren't available until dumb late in Johto/require trade.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Challenge Completed!
image.png

Spr_3e_282.png

Picka, the Gardevoir♀
Level 49
Ability: Trace
Psychic, Thunderbolt, Double Team and Calm Mind

Spr_3e_131.png

Laura, the Lapras♀