• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKéMON: MEWTWO STRIKES BACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years

• EDIT: READ FIRST
    This hack is STILL ON!

We need help from another scripter, though. Our current scipter doesnt have much time to script, and as many of you know I cannot script to save my life. Or code anything for that matter, and I consider that a disability.

So if ANY scripter could lend a steady hand for this project, please contact me.

My MSN is [email protected]

STORY:

Hack of: FIRE RED

NOTICE: There ARE differences in the game than to the movie. If we followed the movie religiously, the game would be far too short.

The game starts off as the same in the movie: Ash, Brock, and Misty are vacationing with Pikcahu and Togepi. Ash is hungry. When you talk to your Pikachu, it allows you to move on.
    Spoiler:

You start off with a level 28 Bulbasaur, level 30 Squirtle, and a level 35 Pikachu. Your first enemy in-game is the same as a movie, a PKMN Trainer called "Raymond" , who has a Donphan and Machamp (the others arent added for a reason)

After you defeat him, you must talk to the Dragonite messenger. He will invite you to meet the greatest POKéMON Master, and fly off. Then a man will give you the HM for Surf, and Brock and Misty will go on without you to OLD SHORE WHARF.

Once you get there, you must rush inside the FERRY HOUSE to get in from a storm

. Officer Jenny and Miranda, the owner of the Ferry house, tell everyone there who had wanted a trip on the ferry to NEW ISLAND that the storm was too strong, and nobody would be able to go. Three trainers, Corey, Neesha, and Fergus go on ahead anyways.

This is where things REALLY start to change.

Ash decides to go on, but because there is no Ferry, he has to find his own way. Brock and Misty decide they each need to go home to their own cities before heading out, so they go on ahead. Ash must first visit newly redesigned PEWTER and CERULEAN cities before going back to PALLET to get his Charizard.

VIDEOS:

Click to View Video 01

Click to View Video 02

BANNERS:

By: Meowth
    HTML:
    [url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=138067][IMG]http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/4079/mewtwouserbarnn9.png[/IMG][/url]

By: DarkCharizard257
    HTML:
    [url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=138067][IMG]http://i32.tinypic.com/2qv58qf.png[/IMG][/URL]

By: yunghove
    HTML:
    [url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=138067][IMG]http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll300/yunghove/WSB.png[/IMG][/URL]

FEATURES:

New maps
    New Sprites
    Custom Scripts
    New Storyline, following the Movie plot
    1st and second gen POKéMON
    Extra events
    Partial DP Base tiles
    Movie Characters

SCREENSHOTS:

mewtwostrikesback04cj4.png
    mewtwostrikesback06ts2.png

mewtwostrikesback07xu0.png
    mewtwostrikesback08tv4.png

mewtwostrikesback09ul2.png
    mewtwostrikesback10rm0.png

CURRENT TEAM:

Meowth -Mapping, Spriting
    yunghove -Scripting
    Twilite Darkrai -Scripting
    DarkCharizard257 -Scripting
    Tre_Al -Scripting
    Megiddo -Titlescreen, Inserting Graphics
    ICE-X -Graphic Inserte
    KageX -Spriting
    Nicolas -Spriting
    AuRiOnsX6 -Spriting
    feffeowns -Beta Testing
    Darkmanny -Beta Testing
    Pkmnruler13 -Beta Testing
    Chrona -Beta Testing

MOVIE SCRIPT: (moved)

Click here to View the post.

AWARDS:

how15bannerpr4.jpg

how15textxm2.png

Last edited:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Nice, the story sounds different from any other story I've heard in a while. I pretty much like the basic idea, it sounds good. It's going to be tough though, well a little. But nothings impossible. If you need any help you can pm me 8D.

Danno

Years
  • Alright, thanks!

I've been trying to figure in the toucher things, like when Ash turn to stone. If it's possible to make the player strike a certain pose using script, I think I'd replace the VS. Seeker with a stone Ash.

Thanks!​

Veng3anc3

Woah..
    Years
  • I can't wait to put some work into this, I'll whip up a nother user-bar for you..

Last edited:

feffeowns

Original dud~
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2008
    I'mma love this hack, I alweys loved mewtwo and the movie was awsome :3 I remember it from my childhoodddyy :D
    Good Luck on the game.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I must say, this is a very clever idea.

It would be great if you could make hacks out of all the movies.[/hint]

Can't wait to see what you do ;3

Danno

Years
  • I was thinking about doing the second and third if this went well...

It all depends on the turnout of this game. Thanks for the support!

I should add some screenshots, I'll do it later.

Danno

Years
  • Yep.

uncle.bmp

But, my RSBall isnt working, and ICE-X accidentally got the wrong image.

Hideki~kun

Platinum Addict!
    Years
    • Age 115
    • I
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    OMGNOWAI! I remember going to see this at the cinema! Good luck with this hack :d.
    Oh, and what's gonna happen if you pick that you're a girl at the start?

Danno

Years
  • I was thinking of changing the Girl into Ash with the Sinnoh region clothes...

Sound good?

Jawash

<Beat EVERY SINGLE DragonQuest
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Thanks, we're coming along okay, we just need a bigger team.

Wow, I am completely for this hack, seems like it'll be a handful, but i hope you can pull it off, it IS my favorite movie, pokemon or not, it's my fave movie^-^
    >,>... I still cry when Ash turns to stone, no lie.
    hmm, starting out with those levels of first level pokemon can be a bad thing.
    having a charmander level 100 has a GREAT chance of being weaker than a level 75 charizard.
    be careful on that though, so you might want to amp up those specific pokemon's stats... =]
    just givin a little feedback.

Danno

Years
  • guess were rivals cause im making a hack that follows all movies

One hack that follows them all?

Kinda weird... Why dont you just team up with us? Having one movie at a time would make the game longer, and better. You can join us :D

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    *laughs* Yeah, then the next thing you know- you remake the movie onto a Firered game... So many scripts... ha-ha-ha...
    *back to normal- meaning serious* Otherwise, this game is preety good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back