• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT, still breeding the elephant tho =)

RaggedyJan

Gnarly Trainer
Years
So, i thot of a fun team featuring two new pokemon i bred, a Slaking and a Donphan. What do you guys think?

Slaking @ Choice Band
Adamant
Truant
EV: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 HP (just for that extra 1 HP)
Earthquake
Pursuit
Return
Hammer Arm

This thing catches people off guard as a starter, not much can guarantee a OHKO so it can knock out a pokemon on the switch easily. Say a ghost, psychic, or weak poke is the first guy. Pursuit means he's def gonna feel the hurt.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid
Levitate
EV: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe, 6 HP
Hypnosis
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast

My old starter, has a lot of coverage and hypnosis for anything it can't OHKO. Can easily get in on someone trying to Close Combat or EQ one of my other guys

Donphan @ Leftovers
Impish
Sturdy
EV: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Spe
Rapid Spin (i needed one)
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Stealth Rock

Havent quite finished breeding this one yet, can't seem to get the nature i want

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Adamant
Motor Drive
EV: 252 Atk, 252 spe, 6 HP
ThunderPunch
IcePunch
Earthquake
Brick Break

Typical Electivire, wat can i say i think they look cool. I wish i had something that attracted electric attacks more tho, cause switching into a motor drive boost definately sets him up to sweep. He isn't that fast without it

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Adamant
Poison Heal
EV: 252 Atk, 44 Hp, 212 Spe
Focus Punch
Spore
Substitute
Mach Punch

Sporeloom FTW, simple concept yet oh so effective. I took out Leech Seed for Mach Punch because i took out my only Weavile counter Metagross so i figured Mach Punch would help stop the little Ice devil

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Modest
Intimidate
EV: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe, 6 HP
Fire Blast
Hydro Pump
Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse

SpecsMence, for some reason every Lucario i switch this into thinks they're special and can kill it and they get OHKO'd by Fire Blast. I've gotten a couple "wtf Hydro Pump" when i kill their Infernape =D

So yeah, that's my new team. Hopefully i don't get murdered online when I go against people who now know wat im doing. But wat r the odds.....

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
Great Team Except For Salamence With Two Dragon Type Moves You Wanna Spread Varity And If That Sp Means Special Attack I Advise Not On Breloom She Is Strictly A Attacker Maxing Out Those Ev's Would Be A Waste Of Ev's

Read the rules:

The Rules said:
Dont rate without proper knowledge

That is standard specsmence. It always has two dragon attacks for late and early game sweeping. And spe= Speed, SpA= Special Attack. Your grammar is also slightly challeging to figure out, what with the masses of capital letters and the lack of puncutation.

Sora_8920

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Great Team Except For Salamence With Two Dragon Type Moves You Wanna Spread Varity And If That Sp Means Special Attack I Advise Not On Breloom She Is Strictly A Attacker Maxing Out Those Ev's Would Be A Waste Of Ev's

=/ That's standard Specsmence, it runs those two moves usually.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Read the rules:

That is standard specsmence. It always has two dragon attacks for late and early game sweeping. And spe= Speed, SpA= Special Attack. Your grammar is also slightly challeging to figure out, what with the masses of capital letters and the lack of puncutation.

Let us handle the moderating please. Thanks.

Faceless*

YES!
Years
  • Age 34
  • ?
  • Seen Jan 17, 2013
Ehm, I'd like to say your a bit Ice Beam weak, if a Starmie comes out safely on something like Donphan or Breloom (lets pray to god not Specmence O_o), you have almost nothing to switch it on. Also, putting an Electivire on a team of Pokemon having no Electric weakness is generally a bad way to abuse his incredible sweeping ability (Motor Drive). In this case, I really WOULD recommend taking out Slaking for Milotic, as you can switch into BoltBeamers. Here's what would the Scenario be :

An enemy is switching out a Pokemon while you try to get rid of Stealth Rock/Spikes

Enemy withdrew
Example:
!
Enemy sent out Starmie!
Player's Donphan used Rapid Spin!
Rapid Spin blew away spikes!

~NEXT TURN~

Player withdrew Donphan!
Player sent out Milotic!
Starmie used Ice Beam!
Not very effective...
Milotic heals with Leftovers!

~NEXT TURN~

Player withdrew Milotic!
Player sent out Electivire!
Starmie used Thunderbolt!
Electivire's Motor Boost increased it's speed!

GG to enemy team?

That's the beauty of it ;-) (But, it's up to you)

RaggedyJan

Gnarly Trainer
Years
good point but i wanted to use that Slaking bad, i had just finished training it =P

actually, i don't even have a milotic =( soooo anybody wanna give me a feebas? XD

actually i have a starmie
would this work in the donphan's place?

Starmie @ leftovers
calm
Natural Cure
EV: 160 HP, 132 SpAtk, 216 Spe (stolen from smogon)
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
Recover

Last edited by a moderator:

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
One- No double posting. Next time you do it and you will receive an infraction
Two- Starmie needs the Speed. Timid > Calm

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Also Starmie wants surf >> either t-bolt or ice beam.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 7, 2010
I prefer T-bolt over Ice Beam. I know a good Ice Beam is good for Specsmence or CBmence but the Bolt takes out many more walls IE: Milotic / Skarmory. However, as pointed out to me today, a well predicted T-bolt can be used against me lol.

It's up to preference.

Slaking is dangerous to use. Pretty much any poke with Protect tears him apart.

Your Breloom is a standard Loom I would advice however that you replace your Mach Punch with Seedbomb. STAB and it takes out walls such as Milotic or other things. Oh and it's a Physical hit so thats just a double wammy :)

I would replace your Vire for a Metagross, a much better sweeper.
Metagross @ Choice Band
252 Attack / 200 HP / 52 Defense
Ice Punch / Thunder Punch (up to preference)
Meteor Mash (STAB and a CB Mash can take out a LOT of things)
Earthquake (for those ever so annoying Mixapes, ALTHOUGH I think you'd be better off using your Specsmence for him :P)
Explosion/Pursuit (two attacks that are up for debate. Most people do NOT expect a pursuit, but it's not that well of an attack it does minimal damage unless done while they are switching out but probably still won't OHKO them. Explosion is good for those Switch ins that you know are coming)

IE:
Opponent Pulls out Blissey
You pull CBGross
They switch out to (example: Mixape)
You Explode or EQ (Explode > EQ if you know what is coming. However don't use it unless your sure your other poke's can handle with out your Gross. If your sure whats coming you might be better off using one of the other 2 attacks.)

Just a tiny bit of advice, not much.

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2009
Cross Chop is usually better on Vire.

Listen, men:

Garchomp.

This, is the enemy. Now, how the heck are we going to deal with it? Gengar generally dies switching in, and doesn't even think about getting ScarfChomp. Meanwhile, Donphan's HP is finite, and resists neither of Garchomp's STAB moves. Not good, men.

You could always try and get away with using Forretress > Bronzong. Forretress is generally pretty mean to ScarfChomp, since it resists Outrage and stuffs (watch for Fire Blast), plus has Gyro Ball to take on that nasty Scarf. It can also run pretty much the same role, and take on Weavile (hooray for actual Seed Bomb on Breloom).

The issue is probably involved with those Yache SD Chomps, which can switch moves and run Forretress through with Fire Fang. Well, there's not really a singular Chomp counter, but, meh. You could use Bronzong, which doesn't have as much a problem with either of Garchomp's other two common moves as Forretress, but you lose Spin.

I think Starmie's a cool idea, since your team's got big issues with Gyara and Ape (and running Ice Beam helps pack up renegade Chomps. Dang four-slot syndrome, though), the question'd be what needs to pack up to make room for it. I think you can get away with maybe Breloom or Gengar, possibly. You usually don't need two sweepers. =P

Slaking looks kinda ineffectual to me, so you could swap it out for something else packing Pursuit. Chomp being a big issue and all, you could use Weavile, which packs just as good a Pursuit, and Ice Shard for further Chomp back-up.

Since this team may call for changes that'd introduce a slight Blissey problem into the equation, I'd give a go and say SpecsMence could become MixMence to 2HKO the pink menage.

RaggedyJan

Gnarly Trainer
Years
how do you get cross chop on Vire. I bred him to get Ice Punch so wat learns Ice Punch and Cross Chop?

Sora_8920

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
how do you get cross chop on Vire. I bred him to get Ice Punch so wat learns Ice Punch and Cross Chop?

According to Serebii, it's impossible. Only Machop; Machoke; and Machamp learn Cross Chop through level up. And the only Pokemon who learn Ice Punch through level up is Hitmonchan; and Medicham. I don't know if you could chain breed, though, I hadn't checked.

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2009
According to Serebii, it's impossible. Only Machop; Machoke; and Machamp learn Cross Chop through level up. And the only Pokemon who learn Ice Punch through level up is Hitmonchan; and Medicham. I don't know if you could chain breed, though, I hadn't checked.

You may just be using Serebii wrong (I don't really use it at all, but that's really just a preference). In a brief lapse of my "No-Serebii" pledge, I found you can make a breeding chain using Medicham (which learns Ice Punch naturally), Machamp (which can be bred to have Ice Punch, and learns Cross Chop naturally), and, of course, Electivire.

So much for the impossible. =P

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2009
Speaking of Chomp counters, Deoxys-S counters him very well. 96 Speed EVs and a +Speed nature outspeeds Scarfchomp and OHKOs with Ice Beam.

I don't think Deoxys-E'd qualify as a counter. Unless it can miraculously survive switching in on Garchomp. Either you're going to switch into a likely fatal hit, or it's going to pack Yache and survive. I'm not sure how well that works out. =P It's a fine revenge-killer for ScarfChomps and weakened YacheChomps and such, but not quite a counter.

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
Speaking of Chomp counters, Deoxys-S counters him very well. 96 Speed EVs and a +Speed nature outspeeds Scarfchomp and OHKOs with Ice Beam.

Just to step in for a second.

Deano, a counter is a Pocket Monster that can switch in on the opposing Pocket Monsters attack and provide an immediate threat. D-S gets slaughtered switching in like no tomorrow. o_o Revenge kill, yeah. But that's not countering.

Hmm... So, advice on the team;
I really think you need to drop Electrivire, you don't really have any prime bait to real in thunder attacks and such.

Last edited:

RaggedyJan

Gnarly Trainer
Years
i thot of an interesting way to counter DD Gyarados. Sash the Gengar so that i can revenge kill w/ thunderbolt

just a thot

Back