• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

25charlimit

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Well, I am pretty interesting. :D

Anyway, there should be no reason for complaint when you can just write a full sentence.

"Just write a full sentence," would've worked, so it's not hard.
    I believe the argument is more about the way this place is moderated in regards to the character limit rule than it is about posters' copious laziness.

I assume the point of this thread is that you'd like the rule modified? "This rule doesn't apply if the moderator of the section feels as though the post contributes regardless of length." or something of that nature? Given the response from the two admins who've replied here, my guess is that you won't have much support of that.
    Adding that line to the rules would be good; though I take it unless I am an admin myself my support towards IIMarckus won't matter...

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I believe the argument is more about the way this place is moderated in regards to the character limit rule than it is about posters' copious laziness.

Well, I don't see a problem with how the moderation is done. You just have to avoid it by writing a full sentence.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Yes, I see what you're saying. You think that moderators should let certain posts that are under the 25 character limit go, so long as the post is worthwhile enough to ignore it.
    You're almost there. I think that in a case like this, where I did not try to get around the filter in any way, and received no indication from the filter that this would be warn‐ or caution‐worthy, no warning should be given.

Relaxing the rule for good posts in general, though a good idea IMO, is not what I'm debating here.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    You're almost there. I think that in a case like this, where I did not try to get around the filter in any way, and received no indication from the filter that this would be warn‐ or caution‐worthy, no warning should be given.
    Ah, now then that would be something to have a word with Semele about, in PMs.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Ah, now then that would be something to have a word with Semele about, in PM.
    That's reasonable.

Another thing I would appreciate is either fixing the filtering in regards to BBcode, or providing some indication (whether in the rules or elsewhere) that BBcode may interfere with the filter.

Back