• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New and Easier Way to know the type of Hidden Power, in Pokemon Platinum

BlueShadow

Banned
    Years
    You can only do this in pokemon Platinum.
    Here it is an easy way to know the type of Hidden Power.
    Note: A pokemon doesn't need to know Hidden Power before you know the type that it will be.

1. Go to Veilstone City
    2. Go to the Game Corner Prize building
    3. Talk to the blond guy
    4. Say "yes"
    5. Choose the pokemon

Then he will tell the type that Hidden Power will be! That's really useful!

Here is what he says:

"I'll tell you what type your pokemon's Hidden Power will be. My own hidden power lets me do that.----THEN YOU CHOOSE "YES" AND CHOOSE A POKEMON---- If this Pokemon were to learn Hidden Power, the move's type would be---- HERE HE SAYS THE TYPE----."

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Sure, it does say what type it is, but it still does not say what the power of the move will be.

So, for those that care about that, IV calculators are still a must.

CrasH

Beasterling
    Years
    Sure, it does say what type it is, but it still does not say what the power of the move will be.

So, for those that care about that, IV calculators are still a must.
    So for HP the power changes too? Not just the 'type'?

It might be HP Electric but have 10 power? Can you explain that part?

mystery913

some guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    on serebii there is an iv calculator its a lot easier assuming you havent given it any evs unless you know the evs then its pretty easy

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Wow, this is quite useful. Im gonna take all my pokemon there just for fun! It still has its flaw because u dont get to know exact EVs.

Dark Rhyperior

Rhyperior used Earthquake
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2009
    Wow, that's going to be pretty useful when I need a certain Hidden Power for a Pokemon.

BlueShadow

Banned
    Years
    IV calculators are useful but the sometimes I don't remember the exact numbers of EV that I gave to a pokemon and the calculations are incorrect without the real values.

Example: I did an IV calculation for my Glaceon and I didn't remember exactly all the values and when I put it in, the calculation said that I would ELECTRIC, but then I try asking to this guy in Veilstone City and he said that it would be DRAGON.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    wats hidden power?tht really powerful move tht only a certain pokemon can do?

BlueShadow

Banned
    Years
    Hidden Power is a move that almost every kind of pokemon can learn(except for pokemon like Magikarp, caterpie, weedle, etc.)

It is a SPECIAL type move and the power and the type of the attack is different for every kind of pokemon. It can be any type except NORMAL type. Its power is normally from 30-70 depends on the pokemon. In Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Hidden Power is TM10. In D/P, it can be found first in Jubilife City. In Platinum, it can be found at the Game Corner Building located in Veilstone City.

Back