• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Shoddy Elements League

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Approved by Ursula

If you are reading this then you are all most likely thinking the same thing: "Why should I challenge this league?" Well battler, I'll tell you why. Each Gym Leader and/or Elite will each have their own set of rules. With this you must constantly adapt to the situation, providing a whole other perspective to battling. Another reason is the very style this league will work; over Shoddy, and only Shoddy. Some of you may ask, "What is Shoddy?" Well Shoddy is a net-battling system used throughout the battling community. It for allows quick team building and battles. Using Shoddy also eliminates having to battle hacked Pokémon. If you don't already have it, you can download Shoddy here.

1. Follow all PC rules.
    2. Have and show respect.
    3. Try not to counter team. This just defeats the purpose of challenging us. Fight us with your usual team, not some team made just to have a type advantage.
    4. It doesn't matter what order you battle our gyms in, just as long as you have all 8 badges before challenging our E4. When you win, the Gym Leader will PM you their respective badge. You are to keep this badge a secret and not give it to anyone else. When you have collected all 8 badges PM them to Elite #1 and you will be able to challenge the E4.
    5. "Nut up or shut up." - Zombieland

Before joining us you should know we will be expecting a lot of prowess from you. This is not a league for those who are not determined to be the absolute best. In order to join us you must battle a representative of the group and they shall determine whether or not you are fit to join. If you would like to join and but the position you are after is filled, don't worry; you still have a chance. All you must do is battle the current holder of the position three times simultaneously. Fear not, with Shoddy this will take 20 minutes tops. If you are able to defeat the current holder twice you will receive the position. Should you win once, lose once, and then tie once, you simply battle again. As Shoddy shows the whole battle in text, be sure to copy and paste the battle so all may view it. Keep in mind you must use the type of the position you are challenging for.

The Shoddy Elements League is the official league of the Flora Region. Flora is a beautiful and diverse location. It contains bustling cities as well as vast countrysides. Pristine rives flow throughout the land, crisp fresh air brushes the skin of those who reside within Flora. Within Flora resides the Shoddy Elements League(SEL). The SEL is by far the toughest of all the leagues and its every trainers dream to be crowned Champion. There has only been one trainer that has conquered the League before. Who is that man? He is the fabled Dragon Trainer, Lance. However, a few years ago he disappeared from the scene. Year after year, top level trainers have challenged the SEL in hopes of being able to able to claim the abandoned title, though to no avail. Now, the time has come once again. A tradition which has continued for over fifty years, captures the attention of millions. The cities begin filling up with thousands of challengers as the debut of SEL Bowl LII draws closer.

Gyms
    Spoiler:

Water Element Gym - Mukkamoto
    Spoiler:

Earth Element Gym - OrlyNow?
    Spoiler:

Air Element Gym - Umbreon★
    Spoiler:

Valencia City Gym - Valen
    Spoiler:

Ice Element Gym - Ooka
    Spoiler:

Zera City Gym - Master52394
    Spoiler:

Steel Element Gym - oldenmw
    Spoiler:

Elite 4
    I - natedogg
    Spoiler:

II - Thoughts
    Spoiler:

III - Aero
    Spoiler:

IV - Dark_Azelf
    Spoiler:

Hall of Fame
    No one; Come on guys, be the first! ;)

Banners
    By XEL
    Spoiler:

This page is still under development but feel free to join as you wish ^^,
    Have fun.

Last edited:

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Oh, god! not another league... (Just jokin, but the Battle place has seen a League overload recently)
    Well, at least it looks ordered. I wish you good luck! :)

Rabid Ditto3 8

Migrating Coconut
    Years
  • Cool, this is probably going to be frowned upon by a lot of people due to their being so many leagues and all, but this is kind of a cool idea.
    Since it's on Shoddy leaders can start battling right off the bat without having to EV train.
    If people who are active on PC are assigned positions, I think this will be very successful.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    @lust: for now, if you wanna become a leader, just say so and you can join ^^, all you have to do is provide you shoddy name, some rules and clauses you want, and hours of operation :)

@code&rabid: i created a clan for this site awhile back. ppl frowned on it. it became the strongest clan ;) ima do my best to do that for this league :D

@candy: yep. shoddy only.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • Regardless of how many leagues there are, this is Shoddy only league and so stands out from the rest, and I think it is needed. But I would suggest getting rid of this from your intro:

We are a unique league made up of the best. When we say best, we mean it. Sure we may lose at times but the names in this league are not to be looked down upon. Another reason you should challenge us is the fact that each Gym Leader and/or Elite will each have their own set of rules. With this you must constantly adapt to the situation, providing a whole other perspective to battling.

I suggest getting rid of it because firstly you have no idea who the names are and so can't say how good your leaders will be. Secondly, because every gym leader having their own rules doesn't make you unique as that is the case with every single league there is on PC; not really a new perspective on battling when everybody does it already.

Good luck with it anyway.

Darkrai Trick

Pal: 3567-0540-5790 | Trick
    Years
  • i'd like to be in the Elite four
    Shoddy Name: Trick
    i have all of tomorrow and the next day.
    Standard clauses

Last edited:

Scientist Davis

Paranormal Doctor
    Years
  • Sure. Why not. My name on Shoddy is the same as my name here. I run Ghost type, traditionally, so an Elite Four spot would suit me best (seeing as how you have already defined the gym types). I am available to test on Shoddy tonight and many additional nights this week. I think I will use my Ghost team for that, in fact. I have a few variants of it which need more time on the field before I can evaluate their worth.

Master52394

Grass Gym Leader on Shoddy
    Years
  • I would like to be the Grass type leader. My Shoddy name is Master52394 and if you want my team and rules I could pm them to you.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    @greene: noted ;)

@darkrai&davis: k. however, please provide hours of operation for future references. this gives challengers a time frame to challenge within, reducing clutter within the thread :) also you two need to battle once. We have to figure out who gets the higher E4 position don't we? ;)

master: k. I dont need your team, however, I need your rules and hours of operation.

Master52394

Grass Gym Leader on Shoddy
    Years
  • ok. My rules are PC rules (obviously), challenger may substitute but I can't, and 3 on 3 matches. Good? And should I find a badge? And my hours of op are from 3-9ish on weekdays (eastern time zone) and pretty much all day on weekends

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2013
    il take the electric gym shoddy name is valen81 rules standard 6v6

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    @darkrai: set up a battle with davis :) and when you guys are done post the battle here ^^,

@master: thanks. and no need to find a badge. i have one ;)

EDIT: @valen: operation hours?

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    @valen: timezone?

@master: will do ;)

Back