• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Pokémon Black & White Legendary Competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • I will post the results here when I'm ot so lazy.

..annd the competition is officially over! Good luck to everyone! I'll re-open when I post the results.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    The results are in... but why am I the one announcing them?!

Hey, guys! Bet you didn't expect me to be posting in here, did you? Oh boy, did we have you fooled. I bet you all were thinking that the Greyscale account that Serene had everyone submitting their entries to was him. Hur hur! Well, let me let you in on a little secret. Muyi here came to me on MSN and asked me, since I have a great deal of interest in the fifth generation, whether I wanted to help him judge the contest he was planning. I agreed, excited, and we came up with the idea to have you guys submit entries through PM to an account shared between the two of us strictly to judge the contest entries.

What am I doing here? Well, I'm here to announce the winner of the contest!!

We had a lot of entries, but the ones who stood out were the ones who were dedicated enough to put their all into this contest. They came up with sprites, digital art, sketches, line art, and everything!! I was completely shocked to see some of you guys get so into it. It's exciting to know that contests around here pay off. Like I said, we had a lot of entries, so it was really hard to decide who should win because it came down to three in the end; one was a sketch drawn, the other was digital art that started as line art, and the final one was a sprite. Each of the three had a description, a background, and a lot of things that others were lacking.

But in the end, Muyi and I decided that the winner of this contest is none other than our resident cloth accessory, Scarf! Scarf submitted a sprite of a Fakémon named Mazul (Japanese: メイズル Meizuru), which originated from "the words maze and rule. The zu in its name may refer to Zu, the legendary bird in Mesopotamian mythology who stole the Tablets of Fates to know the fate of everything. Its Japanese name is a combination of meizu メイズ, 'maze' and zuru from either pazuru パズル, 'puzzle,' or zurui 狡い, 'sly, cunning.'"

picture.php

"Called the Guardian of Secrets, it is said to have lived since time began and to know all the world's mysteries. In its underground maze it listens to the voices of the earth which bring to it every secret ever told.

In the early days of the world when everything was bright and new it traveled constantly, learning all there was to learn of everything it found. After much wandering it came upon a beautiful Pokémon sleeping in a field. As it moved closer the Pokémon, startled by Mazul's approach, woke and fled. Mazul tried to follow, but could not keep pace with the beautiful Pokémon. It could only follow the glowing trail it left in its wake, small stones glittering with all the colors of the rainbow, but even these tracks eventually ended along with any sign of the Pokémon.

Mazul waited. For ages it stayed hidden, listening to the earth for signs of the Pokémon's reappearance. It would hear of sightings and investigate, but always too late, never in time to glimpse the form of that singular creature. Still it waited. Through the whispers of the earth Mazul learned a name: Auma. Auma, the Shining One. Auma, Guardian of Hope.

Once, every new moon, it leaves its lair in search of secrets never told or not yet told. If you happen to cross Mazul's path while traveling and reveal to it your deepest desires it will give you in exchange one of its countless secrets. What kind of secret it will give is unknown, but legend says it is the key to understanding the mysteries of the universe.

Recently there have been rumors of strange encounters at night, and just the other day someone found a rare stone like shone like a rainbow…"

So, there you have it! The winner of the first official Generation 5 contest; Scarf and his/her/it's Mazul.

Second place goes to SolarAbusoru.
    Third place goes to Kon~.

Thank you to everyone who participated in our contest.
    ~ Patchisou Yutohru
    ~ Serene Grace
    ~ Greyscale

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • :o
    3rd place? For serious?
    :D
    Thank you so much! I'm so happy! (Are you sure?)

Extra special congrats, SolarAbsoru and the wonderful winner, Scarf!
    I'm so happy for everyone (third? Seriously? I'm one of the winners?)

*dances*

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    :o
    3rd place? For serious?
    :D
    Thank you so much! I'm so happy! (Are you sure?)

Extra special congrats, SolarAbsoru and the wonderful winner, Scarf!
    I'm so happy for everyone (third? Seriously? I'm one of the winners?)

*dances*
    :)

Ooh, 2nd is good.....so, what about those 'sexy' emblems for Scarf, me and Kon?
    Everyone gets an emblem, my dear. You three get one a little more personalized than the others, but nonetheless, everyone gets one. :)

:( Ah well. Congrats guys! I would love to see your entries :) Also, I muust say, Scarf, yours is just... WOW! I mean that is such an awesome sprite, WOW! I really want it to be real xD

May I ask what mine lacked, besides awesomeness...

And here's my submisssion to display: http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm219/bluerang1/Pokemon%20BW%20Legendaries%20Entry/

Scarf, seriously, I'm in love with your Legendary <3 :D
    I'm in love with it as well. The more I look at it, the more I like it.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • So, you guys gonna show all the contributing and winning entries or do we have to do it?

.....did you just call me 'dear'?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    So, you guys gonna show all the contributing and winning entries or do we have to do it?

.....did you just call me 'dear'?
    I'm not sure, exactly. Serene Grace would have to decide that; I know I won't be doing that. I'd feel like I'm evading their privacy or something of the sort.

Yes I did.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Scarf... your story is amazing and I didn't like the sprite until I read it and imagined it chasing after Ho-oh (right?) but it surly deserved to win. I can actually imagine reading that in an in-game library or something. God job dude.

Bluerang1... I fell in love with your theme as well! The Pokemon designs were not the best but the typing, and descriptions were totally amazing. The only thing I disliked were the evil teams names but I love ur entry.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Gongratulations to the people that won :)

You should have closed the contest when the real 5th gen ledgenderies were released XD (Though that could take months...)

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Bluerang1... I fell in love with your theme as well! The Pokemon designs were not the best but the typing, and descriptions were totally amazing. The only thing I disliked were the evil teams names but I love ur entry.

That made not winning so much easier to take! Thank you so much :D That's continued to make my day great! I'd love to see your entry if you have one :)

Last edited:

Kon~

Years
  • I don't know if I want to or not... sure, I'm super happy and proud that I actually managed to win something for once in my life (I'm a terminal loser), I'm not exactly proud nor happy with my entry.

^^;;

Shall I?

Shan't I?

Maybe later?

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Just post them! Lol. I really want to see you guys' entries/I didn't want to get in trouble/look too eager for already posting mine :)

Kon~

Years
  • Alright, I will! But I apologise now for the... well, for all of it. ^^;;

Spoiler:

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • Ok then, show em I will.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler: