• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starter Pokémon Fanclub

Favourite Starters?

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Starter Pokémon Fanclub

Which Pokémon are the starters?

Kanto:
    1.png
    4.png
    7.png

Bulbasaur - Charmander - Squirtle

Johto:
    152.png
    155.png
    158.png

Chikorita - Cyndaquil - Totodile

Hoenn:
    252.png
    255.png
    258.png

Treecko - Torchic - Mudkip

Sinnoh:
    387.png
    390.png
    393.png

Turtwig - Chimchar - Piplup

Isshu:
    495.png
    498.png
    501.png

Snivy - Tepig - Oshawott

What's a starter?

A starter Pokémon is one that you begin your journey with. In the anime, most characters begin their journey with the starters that correspond to their region, however, Ash, one of the main protagonists, started off with a Pikachu. In the main Pokémon games, besides Pokémon Yellow, trainers started off their journey with one of their regional staters. For those reasons, this club is aimed mainly at the regional starters, however, it can apply to starters of other games, such as Eevee, Umbreon, Espeon, etc, though it would be better if discussion revolved mainly around the main staters.

Rules

★ Follow all general PC rules found here, as well as Pokémon Groups rules found here
    ★ Try to relate posts back to starter discussion, whether there is or isn't a topic
    ★ Just post that you want to join and when you join, answer the first topic~
    ★ That's all, really!

Members

Forever
    Spinosaurus
    Shadow Ball
    Xilfer123
    dragoniteuser
    Gearugaven
    Snow Phoenix
    AshPikastar
    Glaciezxstar
    Will94
    tkallab
    BlueHighwind
    King Gumball

Topics

★ Which is your favourite starter and why?
    ★ If you could choose to get rid of one starter forever, which one would it be & why (considering what everyone else wants)?

Banners

rqyi5v.png

259hj4g.png

15oayd4.png

Have fun!
    background credit to www.backgroundlabs.com

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'd like to join please. :P

Which is your favourite starter and why?
    Treecko. I used to hate it at first, but it started growing on me. By the time I got the first Mystery Dungeon, it became my favorite.

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I'd like to join please. :]

I'll have to go with Charmander. I know it's a popular favorite, but it was my first starter and pokemon ever in the games, and I just think it's so cute, and it's evolutions are so cool! :] Plus I'm a fire type lover.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Hm, i like the idea of this, i'll join.

Name: Xilfer123
    Partner: Tepig
    Reason to join: i like almost all the starters, i just don't like totodile, mudkip and Oshawott, weird how i don't like the water starters much, but i have nothing against squirtle, i love pretty much all the fire type starters, Tepig Chimchar torchic charmander cyndaquil, and the grass ones too.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I would like to join
    My Favorite would have to be Torchic with Turtwig & Totodile tied for second
    I generally like them all except Chikorita,I just don't have a use for it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    All added! :)
    Oh and if you'd like, you can discuss other people's favourites, too!
    I would like to join
    My Favorite would have to be Torchic with Turtwig & Totodile tied for second
    I generally like them all except Chikorita,I just don't have a use for it.
    Hmmm... yeah my favourite overall is Torchic, but Turtwig? I...dislike. XD;

Hey Forever, I'd like to join too!
    As for my favorite, it's definitely Charmander!
    Not very original, but I absolutely adore that Pokémon!
    Charmander would have been my favourite only IF I played R/B/Y first. XD

Hm, i like the idea of this, i'll join.

Name: Xilfer123
    Partner: Tepig
    Reason to join: i like almost all the starters, i just don't like totodile, mudkip and Oshawott, weird how i don't like the water starters much, but i have nothing against squirtle, i love pretty much all the fire type starters, Tepig Chimchar torchic charmander cyndaquil, and the grass ones too.
    ...same here, water starters except totodile never really appealed to me, though I do like Oshawott.
    I'd like to join please. :]

I'll have to go with Charmander. I know it's a popular favorite, but it was my first starter and pokemon ever in the games, and I just think it's so cute, and it's evolutions are so cool! :] Plus I'm a fire type lover.
    Ooh that reminds me, you can also discuss their evolutions here. XD;
    I'd like to join please. :P

Which is your favourite starter and why?
    Treecko. I used to hate it at first, but it started growing on me. By the time I got the first Mystery Dungeon, it became my favorite.
    I played MD but Treecko was never my partner, haha. I only really used it in R/S.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • I'd like to join.

My favorite starter is Squirtle. I find the design to be adorable.

I love Ash's Squirtle in the anime... with the whole Squirtle Squad thing. I was a little irked with the Firefighter thing... but mostly cause that meant byebye Squirtle.

I also used Squirtle the first time I played Pokemon (I think it was Blue?). I remember that I could never get past that first Picknicker who waited right by the "cut tree" on the way to Rock Tunnel... so I ended up switching to Charmander so I could pawn her grass types ;.;

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Mind if I join? My favorite starter Pokemon is Chimchar. I practically love all the starters.

Shadow Ball

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I think both of Charmander's evolutions are pleasing to the eyes, that's another reason he's my favorite. I love Squirtle and Bulbasaur as well, but when they evolve they just get kind of, for lack of a better word, ugly to me. :/ Ivysaur, I think is adorable though. Just that last stage gets me. xD I guess you could call me vain.

As for the Johto starters - Cyndaquil remains my favorite of the three, as well as probably my second favorite of all time. I am baised to fire, but it's also that yet again I like his design and final forms the best. I'm a little fond of Chikorita, too though. Meganium is cute and can actually pack a punch for a Grass type.

I never seem to be fond of the water starters either. Possibly because I'm not fond of water types in general. xD I'm more of an earthy and firey person. The rare times I did pick a water starter though, it was nice to always have surf on hand. Charizard can fly though... <3

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Can I join? o:

My favourite starter is Chikorita. (Though he/she's kinda useless in battling. |:) I think it's because it's the only starter that caught my eye when I was picking a starter in Crystal. (Though Cyndaquil is cute, too.)

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Well as for their evolutions, Charmander evo line is just pure work of awesomeness! XD
    But all jokes aside, I love all starters and their evolutions. It's a cliche, I know, but I just do...
    The only two Pokémon of the entire starter evo lines are Tepig's evolutions. Tepig had such a huge potential, and the evos could have been MUCH better IMO!

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
    Years
  • I would also like to join please!!!
    Currently, my favorite starter Pokemon is Turtwig!!!
    At first, I was like, "Yuck, what the hell is that?" But now I'm like, "JESUS! LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT JAW!!"
    It is adorably cute, and it makes a cool sound.

But then again I like all of the starter Pokemon, except the Hoenn starters, I can stand Treeko, but seriously, as soon as I catch one Pokemon, I am releasing him. I also don't like Wartortle, but I love Squirtle and Blastoise, and I don't like Croconaw, but Totodile is AWESOME!!

Shadow Ball

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I always thought Chikorita was an okay battler, as far as starters go. :o Then again I've only picked it once or twice. The only starters where I don't like really any of the designs, are the Sinnoh starters... :/ Chimchar is my favorite of them, but I was still never that fond of it.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I made a userbar for the group~
    rqyi5v.png

Hope you'll like it. I liked the way it turned out. xD Will make Fire and Water tomorrow.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    New members added :3

Oh and a little side topic:
    If you could choose to get rid of one starter forever, which one would it be & why (considering what everyone else wants)?
    I'd like to join.

My favorite starter is Squirtle. I find the design to be adorable.

I love Ash's Squirtle in the anime... with the whole Squirtle Squad thing. I was a little irked with the Firefighter thing... but mostly cause that meant byebye Squirtle.

I also used Squirtle the first time I played Pokemon (I think it was Blue?). I remember that I could never get past that first Picknicker who waited right by the "cut tree" on the way to Rock Tunnel... so I ended up switching to Charmander so I could pawn her grass types ;.;
    Oh yes, I remember that... slightly. XD; I do recall that Ash' Squirtle used to be a bad guy or something, though?
    Mind if I join? My favorite starter Pokemon is Chimchar. I practically love all the starters.
    Never used Chimchar, which is kinda surprising. XD;
    I think both of Charmander's evolutions are pleasing to the eyes, that's another reason he's my favorite. I love Squirtle and Bulbasaur as well, but when they evolve they just get kind of, for lack of a better word, ugly to me. :/ Ivysaur, I think is adorable though. Just that last stage gets me. xD I guess you could call me vain.

As for the Johto starters - Cyndaquil remains my favorite of the three, as well as probably my second favorite of all time. I am baised to fire, but it's also that yet again I like his design and final forms the best. I'm a little fond of Chikorita, too though. Meganium is cute and can actually pack a punch for a Grass type.

I never seem to be fond of the water starters either. Possibly because I'm not fond of water types in general. xD I'm more of an earthy and firey person. The rare times I did pick a water starter though, it was nice to always have surf on hand. Charizard can fly though... <3
    Well, Blastoise is a pretty awesome evolution, it's just Venusaur that's the more boring of the three. XD;

Oh Meganium is kinda nostalgic to me, but the moveset andthe Pokemon in general? Don't care much about. XD;
    Can I join? o:

My favourite starter is Chikorita. (Though he/she's kinda useless in battling. |:) I think it's because it's the only starter that caught my eye when I was picking a starter in Crystal. (Though Cyndaquil is cute, too.)
    Yeah Chikorita was pretty weak, so when I did use it, I usually used a bird Pokemon alongside it. XD;
    Well as for their evolutions, Charmander evo line is just pure work of awesomeness! XD
    But all jokes aside, I love all starters and their evolutions. It's a cliche, I know, but I just do...
    The only two Pokémon of the entire starter evo lines are Tepig's evolutions. Tepig had such a huge potential, and the evos could have been MUCH better IMO!
    But the evolution... well, the final evolution... the shiny is so pretty. ;;

I made a userbar for the group~
    rqyi5v.png

Hope you'll like it. I liked the way it turned out. xD Will make Fire and Water tomorrow.

It looks nice! :D I'll add it soon~

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Well I guess I would get rid of Chikorita if I absolutely had to. I like Chikorita, but out of all starters, it's my least favourite. :/
    Can't say anything for the Isshu starters, since I haven't played BW yet...

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    If you could choose to get rid of one starter forever, which one would it be & why (considering what everyone else wants)?
    Charmander. Because its overrated and I'd like to annoy the fans. *shot*

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • (looks at snow outside) srry, it's snowing here in canada :D
    right, for the new topic, i've played BW up until the second gym, so i'd saaaay.... Mudkip, i never liked it or its evos, and its never had of any use to me because of Treecko.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • But..., but..., everyonz luuuurvs Mudkipz! LOL
    Well i don't know much about BW starters, But i really like Tsutarja's evo line! (sorry, Snivy's evo line)...
    I also prefer tsutarja. Much better name IMO!
    But i don't like the fact that Oshawott's (lousy name btw) final evo is a completly different animal then the preevos! The preevos are Sea otters (like the second evo), but the final evo is a Sea lino... :/

Back