• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starter Pokémon Fanclub

Favourite Starters?

• Total voters
    Years
    If you have played PMD (pokemonmysterydungeon) than what starter did you get or which starter did you purposely choose, and who was you buddy pokemon?
    Oh my. I don't even remember this. xD Most probably it was a Charmander. Yes, I'm pretty sure it was a Charmander because I chose Pikachu as my partner to counter water type Pokemon. xD

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    I wanted to get a Phanpy, so I tried to answer those questions as a Phanpy would, but I never got him. Then, I got tired and answered them truthfully, and I got a Phanpy!
    Then I chose Riolu as partner. Good times, my days of exploring the sky.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I'd like to join

★ Which is your favourite starter and why?

My favourite starter Pokemon is Torchic because it is so cute and awesome and it evolves into one of my favourite Fire types, Blaziken.

★ If you could choose to get rid of one starter forever, which one would it be & why (considering what everyone else wants)?

Others probably wouldn't agree but I'd get rid of Chimchar. I've never liked Chimchar and I don't really know why.

If you have played PMD (pokemonmysterydungeon) than what starter did you get or which starter did you purposely choose, and who was you buddy pokemon?

In PMDBRT I was an Eevee because I wanted Vaporeon (even though I had to be a girl) and Squirtle was my partner.
    In PMDEOT I was a Skitty because I like them and Torchic was my partner.
    In PMDEOS I was an Riolu because I like Lucario and Eevee was my partner because I again wanted Vaporeon and didn't want to be a girl.
    I picked all my Pokemon.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Can I join please?

I likt Turtwig the best because he is so cute he love his owners and he has pretty strong.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    I WILL JOIN!
    Add me and Regen to the list, Nica! |D
    xDD;;

Uhh... let's see.
    PMD1: Cyndaquil, Eevee(I think...)
    PMD2: Turtwig, Piplup.
    PMD2Sky: Riolu, Vulpix.

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
    I'd like to join please. My favorite starter is Cyndaquil. When I got SoulSilver (my first main series game) I really didn't know what starter I wanted. But I picked Cyndaquil, and ever since, I cannot imagine having picked any one else. Now my Cyndaquil (Typhlosion now) is my friend for life!

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Im going to revive this club, since Nica is too lazy to XD

And Idk if I am allowed but I guess Ryuka and Olih and Vaporeon7 and Captian Hobo can all join :33 The more the merrier!

Anyway... new topic again to get things happening :

What starter do you think was the coolest/you liked most in the Anime?

I liked Ahs's Bulbasaur the best because it wasn't too annoying like Piplup was, and was more active than May's Torchic (i thought) . It was good in battles and was I thought it had a pretty cool looking vine whip and razor leaf.

Lame topic but idk../

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    Can I please join~? ;3

My favorite starters are Chikorita, Oshawott and Snivy~

Ash's Snivy and Oshawott~! I simply ADORE them~! XD

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    Yay~!
    Touko is in the club! xD;;
    Anyway... I'm going to pull off a King Gumball and say you're in. xDD;;
    Welcome to the club! Enjoy! :D

I really can't choose between all three of Ash's Johto starters. They had the most personality, and I loved them. xD;

Years
    I am supposed to be a member of this club too. >,> *strangles Nica*

I liked many of them. I adore Ash's Charmander, Squirtle, Totodile, Treeko, Snivy and Oshawott. Oshawott's personally is the best! He reminds me of Totodile, but is himself pretty unique.

Years
    I love Squirtle, Cyndaquil, Mudkip, Chimchar and Oshawott. Grass-type starters don't get my fancy.

Last edited:

Rosebud2

My Pokemon is Fight!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2012
    Oooh, I wanna join.
    My favorite starter is... CYNDAQUIL!! :t155: That's what I chose in SoulSilver. Now it's a Level 72 Typhlosion named Cindro. My least favorite starter is probably either Chikorita or whats-its-face the ugly otter thing. Oshawott.

Atlas.

Carrier of the Heavens.
    Years
    Hey Forever I would like to join as well,

My Favorite Starter would have to be Charmander, I used the pokemon in all my original Red and Blue games and even used Charizard for one of my final teams in Diamond.

For some reason I have never like water type starters...truthfully I've never even trained one through a game...if you have a suggestion for one thats especially fun to train go ahead and post :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Starters

I've always been fond of all the fire starters but my favorite was Typhlosion b/c in the original Gold version my Typhlosion was lvl 100 naturally raised, no rare candies and could take on the Elite Four single handed. The only Grass starter that I ever liked was Turtwig, because Torterra is so boss, Grass/Ground? YES PLEASE! Plus he has a small island on his back, a little miniature garden! And Blastiose was amazing due to his shoulder cannons.

My only beef with all the starters are their abilities, while appreciated that their type moves are more powerful when in trouble I feel some variety would be welcomed.

Years
    Sometimes I forget that this group exists. I blame Forever to the fullest. XD;

New topic: What is your opinion on alternate starter triangles (eg. Rock, Steel, Fire)? Would you like it if Nintendo comes up with some of these for starter Pokemon or do you prefer the traditional Grass, Water and Fire triangle?

Back