• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Tinypic pictures no show

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Basically, anything from Tinypic doesn't seem to show for me on PC. For example, my signature appears as a blank block to me, as does any image from the Tinypic site.

Strange thing is that it only seems to affect me for this site, as on the Pokemon Board, I have a signature with pictures from tinypic that show up perfectly fine. Is this an issue on my end, or something on PC?

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • Its not PC.. as other users can see your sig image.. I suspect its something on your end.. or perhaps bad routing to that tinypic server with should clear itself up after a while. To be safe though clear any tinypic cookies and clear your browser cache..

you can also try a tracert to the url of the missing image (without the actual image/file name) and see if it stops somewhere before it reaches their server..

i.e.
    Code:
    start > run > cmd >> tracert i54.tinypic.com
    if on windows..

other pc's consult your help filez

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I've deleted all of my internet Temporary Files with Internet Explorer, including the cookies, everything, and nothing on that.

Changed to Firefox now before so I keep all the passwords, and still no show.

What are the signs that it has stopped on the tracert?

EDIT: Nevermind, I can see them now! Thanks for the help guys!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    What browser were you using before? 'cause IE can't see PNG files, which is what the image in your signature is.

IE still doesn't appear to work for me (but Firefox does, so I'm using that now), but that is utterly not true to me. IE can read png perfectly fine regardless to me, from any site. Just not from Tinypic.

Years
  • IE still doesn't appear to work for me (but Firefox does, so I'm using that now), but that is utterly not true to me. IE can read png perfectly fine regardless to me, from any site. Just not from Tinypic.

Oh, right, they "fixed" that with 7 though personally I didn't see much improvement in png compatibility until IE 8.

Someone or something may have messed with some of your security settings in IE.

Back