• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat -- Autumn and/or Spring Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
  • Have you guys been living under a rock or something........................

Read a newspaper or watch the news every once in a while......................

Wikileaks may be one of the most important things to happen in recent times.

Years

^ This.

There has been a lot of things happening in the news and this is one of the biggest events I have seen in a while.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Thank you guys for proving it wasn't only just Australian news >___>

But yeah I find it pretty interesting, and surprising that most Australians are rallying that he did nothing wrong. As for my stance... I'm not sure.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • I think in the end what he's doing will be for the greater good. People are just feeding into the media's typical scare tactics.

Wikileaks is doing what the media used to do: be a watchdog for the government.

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years

Change this Ubisoft VS Pirates thing:
    Daily Chit-Chat -- Autumn and/or Spring Edition

To Government VS Wikileaks, and you see what I think about it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • On the one hand, I hope that the publishing of these secret feeds doesn't trigger some sort of war because one nation gets butthurt over what another one says about them...

On the other hand, hopefully it'll force the world's governments to stop keeping these secrets from each other and the public at large.

Too bad Assange's losing credibility because of that whole sexual abuse charge thing...

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • People think the sexual abuse charge is a convenient way to just get him in custody. But we have to walk a fine line to make sure we don't discredit the women in case he really did rape them but be sceptical of the timing.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Now that you mention it, it does seem suspicious that the charges are being brought against him only after WikiLeaks became big news, instead of, pressing the charges, like right after the alleged abuse occurred.

Guess we'll have to wait until either the trial or when it's revealed the allegations were made up, whatever the case may be.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nica, have you been living under a rock? :'D

No! We're just too lazy to care about most things a lot of the time, lol :(
    Idk, I... have low expectations of Australia sometimes. XD;

(Which is what Australia is known by, aka being lazy?)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Lazy? Australians? Can't possibly be. Obviously, we're all Deadpan Snarkers that swim with Swimming Knives which we tame and use to defend ourselves from deadly crocodiles, snakes, spiders, ants, angry wombats, dingoes, deadly penguins, drop bears and kangawallafoxes.

also, late note; imho, these charges against Assange reek of shifty. I'm not going to believe them until completely proven without trace of a doubt. I mean, sure, think of the woman involved, but also think of Assange.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Lazy? Australians? Can't possibly be. Obviously, we're all Deadpan Snarkers that swim with Swimming Knives which we tame and use to defend ourselves from deadly crocodiles, snakes, spiders, ants, angry wombats, dingoes, deadly penguins, drop bears and kangawallafoxes.

also, late note; imho, these charges against Assange reek of shifty. I'm not going to believe them until completely proven without trace of a doubt. I mean, sure, think of the woman involved, but also think of Assange.
    That kangawallafox sounds interesting. I'd like to see one.

You also can't forgot about the very friendly and not dangerous koalas and kangaroos. ;)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Kangaroos are hella dangerous. You ever been disemboweled by one of them?

The kangawallafox is a vicious nocturnal creature native to Australia, which is a result of the natural cross-breeding between kangaroos, wallabies and foxes. Because of it's highly vicious nature it will eat it's relatives; kangaroos, wallabies and foxes, as well as any other living organisms and, occasionally, cars or trucks. Often seen only for a split second, whilst hunting its prey, jumping out in front of cars often to try and devour them.

EDIT: Oh no, I forgot the hoop snakes! Deadly things, they are. Faster and more invincible than Wheel Kirby! Gotta aim your swing real careful to get those buggers.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I want to see a picture of one of these kangawallafoxes. Maybe I can use it for my world domination plans (while keeping its native Australia undisturbed, of course). And I'm officially betting money that there's a sixth-generation Pokemon based on the kangawallafox.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back