• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Black

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    So I've been mulling around an idea for a quick, simple dark theme for pc and the release of Black and White seems like a good time for the PokeCommunity Black version that I've had in mind. This will be a variable width theme with mainly #000000 and #414041 as the main colors, with a white or very light gray text.

sample, still in the works, header image attached. The checkerboard bg in the header is also the basis for the cat heads as well.

I'll want your thoughts and input on what should be in the header.. any changes, etc. any other aspects of a dark them you thing we should include.

Attachments

• PokeCommunity Black
      header1_test01.jpg
      46.6 KB · Views: 107

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I noticed that Victini still has some whiteness around it. I'm guessing you porbably used the Magic tool to get rid of the white that was surrounding it? Also I think Reshiarm should be behind Professor Juniper. It would make things look a bit better instead of it being in front of her and Osshawott. It just doesn't look right to me but other then that; it all looks good.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Are you planning to do a White one too?

About #000000, personally, I would go with something a little lighter than that, because it seems like a harsh colour (I usually go with #121212 when it comes to black colours, but yeah), though if you can pull off the full #000000, then good luck. Also, I'd change the font that says "PokeCommunity", since it looks kind of well, off. Maybe go for a different quality font or something. :x But yeah those are my suggestions.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    I noticed that Victini still has some whiteness around it. I'm guessing you porbably used the Magic tool to get rid of the white that was surrounding it? Also I think Reshiarm should be behind Professor Juniper. It would make things look a bit better instead of it being in front of her and Osshawott. It just doesn't look right to me but other then that; it all looks good.

Hmm thought i got it all.. whoops, easy to fix. hmm I'll move juniper in the next version and see how that looks.

Are you planning to do a White one too?

About #000000, personally, I would go with something a little lighter than that, because it seems like a harsh colour (I usually go with #121212 when it comes to black colours, but yeah), though if you can pull off the full #000000, then good luck. Also, I'd change the font that says "PokeCommunity", since it looks kind of well, off. Maybe go for a different quality font or something. :x But yeah those are my suggestions.

I'd like to do a white one as well basically a copy of this one in white..

Hmm.. I'm going to try to pull off #000000 but if it doesn't look right, I'll likely soften the color a bit..

Now, the font for "PokeCommunity" was a random choice.. in fact selecting a GOOD font is hard and that is some you all can help with.. so look through your fonts and help me pick a nicer one for this theme (as well as the upcoming white ver)

here are a couple updated header images attached..

Attachments

• PokeCommunity Black
      header2_test01.jpg
      40.6 KB · Views: 38
    Years
    Hmm, well REZ is a nice font, but if you want something more "show-y" perhaps "Justice - by Dirt" one problem with justice would be the absence of "é" but you can use a comma

Here's an example of Justice with a 3px stroke, black to white gradient set to shape burst(I like it lol)

It might bee too show-y for the theme, I'll look around for other fonts that might fit.
    As for the cat headers and whatnot, I had these made for my black and white themes, but I kept getting confused because the white theme was gonna be black whereas the black theme was white and I lost track! LOL
    PokeCommunity Black
    and
    PokeCommunity Black

I know the white one's gradient is too light.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I don't know... I don't really like the logos. They seem a little awkward. Plus, the pictures seem a little too bright.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    Hmm, well REZ is a nice font, but if you want something more "show-y" perhaps "Justice - by Dirt" one problem with justice would be the absence of "é" but you can use a comma

Here's an example of Justice with a 3px stroke, black to white gradient set to shape burst(I like it lol)

It might bee too show-y for the theme, I'll look around for other fonts that might fit.
    As for the cat headers and whatnot, I had these made for my black and white themes, but I kept getting confused because the white theme was gonna be black whereas the black theme was white and I lost track! LOL
    PokeCommunity Black
    and
    PokeCommunity Black

I know the white one's gradient is too light.

the gradients are very much like that... a bit less with the checkerboard though. they are already made, just didn't show em to you all yet..

Not to sure on that cursive font.. :\

agentgeo, characters too bright? How so?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    The "PokeCommunity" inner shine makes the whole text look rather choppy. I'd work some more on that, if not changing the entire font for it. I'm also not too keen on the "We're still working..." font. In all honesty, I think that if you looked around to changing the fonts, this would look tons better.

Oh and I would just bring Juniper's image on top of Reshiram's. It looks odd having its leg space appear over top Juniper's arm, though that's just personal preference I suppose.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    guys, any suggestions for a font to use? examples please.

agentgeo, hmm.. dunno how they're 'off' as they are basically a copy/pasta and re-size of the official images from Nintendo. they are not suppose to be muted on this design either.

EDIT:
    Ok a beginning of the style can be previewed at https://www.pokecommunity.com/index.php?styleid=220

no buttons or any thing else is done yet..

still need input on the font for the header..

Years
    Ooh, I like! Very nice, although the tcat should be re-edited so it... tiles right would be the words I'm looking for I think. Unless it's gonna be fixed width, it will look meh on widescreen monitors

this is your tcat
    PokeCommunity Black

this is 2 next to each other
    click

I just took a section from it that should tile correctly.
    PokeCommunity Black

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    the gradient is slightly wavy as well.. if we used that small sample, we'd lose that feature. the ends have now been matched so it tiles seamlessly.

(the white one, not so much.. yet.)

EDIT:
    speaking of the white ver.. the beginnings of that one is up and previewable for those that want to see some suckage.

Now, we just need to work on the various statusicons and other misc images used throughout the community.. any ideas?

Years
    Hmm, how about using item sprites?
    Jade Orb for online
    PokeCommunity Black

Red Orb for offline
    PokeCommunity Black

and a yellow colored version of either for away(or use the nugget sprite)
    PokeCommunity Black

Also I like the buttons

As for status icons I'm not too sure what would work well.

Last edited:

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    The font in the first post i too low-q. it atleast needs a border. Also i would say some kind of custom artowork for the characters would look better.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    The font in the first post i too low-q. it atleast needs a border. Also i would say some kind of custom artowork for the characters would look better.

low-q? in what way?
    think it needs an even bigger border?
    Would you like to draw these custom artworks? in a day or 2??

I will be trying the previous font suggestion shortly.. when I next edit the header images.

any other thoughts?

Back