• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
I was wondering what was wrong with the title. Thing is, I never saw the anagrams so I couldn't really complain. XD

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I would... but I doubt I'd have time to do it. So I'd rather not start than start and drop out.

How many RP's has everyone here ever finished? And what length were they? I myself have never finished one.

Last edited:

King!

better
Years
The only two I can think of that have been finished (and now have unfinished sequels) are Mira's 'The Uprising' and slls81's 'A New Professor In Town'.

Last edited:

baseballa34657

Roleplaying Assasin
Years
King!@
And that will ALL change >D I shall finish my rp!

Well, Hopefuuuullllyyyy. *Pessimistic* I really do hope it does though! I am in it afterall xD. What is so SAD about RP's is that not knowing the rest of the plot ABSOLUTELY KILLS ME! I HATE IT when a plot heavy RP dies, I JUST URGH, because I want to know what happens!

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I finished YZ Act I, II, and nearly finished III with parallelzero.
That's about it, I think. xD

So.... about three? Two, almost three. =u=d The reason IV and III died was because of me though, so.... OTL

Years
So I've been seeing kinda unrealistic ideas happening in several RPs. Unrealistic, in this case, is about the family tree and heritage. We all know that most Pokemon can be bred with different parents and will definitely be the same species as the mother. But let's look at the logic of having a Legendary Pokemon for a parent. Not possible at all.

Legendaries have no gender, so they can't be a mother or a father. Yes, I know people like to be related to Legendaries cos they're powerful, rare and overrated. But you can't be playing everything at the expense of reality. As said, I read some posts which had the concepts of inheriting maternal abilities. In the Pokemon world, the father can only pass down his moves. Abilities, in RPs, can come under this category too. If you're a Pansage and your mother was a Emolga, how would you be able to control static? Not practical right? That's what I'm trying to say.

Of course, traits and characteristics can be passed down the line but let's keep our fantasies in check. If not, we might be causing RPs to be on the brink of a too 'perfect', 'overpowered', 'overflowing' revolution whereby people just mash and mix up their favourite Pokemon into something utterly cliché and just dull. I'm not saying to be boring and unimaginative but sometimes, you shouldn't go too far. And also, repeating the same ideas and concepts and whatnot theories can be a tad boring and too lame to read, if you get what I mean. Soon after a while, we can all label you as the person who uses the same Pokemon for every single RP or the person who always seem to be the child of Reshiram or Kyogre or Heatran....

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
Years
So I've been seeing kinda unrealistic ideas happening in several RPs. Unrealistic, in this case, is about the family tree and heritage. We all know that most Pokemon can be bred with different parents and will definitely be the same species as the mother. But let's look at the logic of having a Legendary Pokemon for a parent. Not possible at all.

Legendaries have no gender, so they can't be a mother or a father. Yes, I know people like to be related to Legendaries cos they're powerful, rare and overrated. But you can't be playing everything at the expense of reality. As said, I read some posts which had the concepts of inheriting maternal abilities. In the Pokemon world, the father can only pass down his moves. Abilities, in RPs, can come under this category too. If you're a Pansage and your mother was a Emolga, how would you be able to control static? Not practical right? That's what I'm trying to say.

Of course, traits and characteristics can be passed down the line but let's keep our fantasies in check. If not, we might be causing RPs to be on the brink of a too 'perfect', 'overpowered', 'overflowing' revolution whereby people just mash and mix up their favourite Pokemon into something utterly cliché and just dull. I'm not saying to be boring and unimaginative but sometimes, you shouldn't go too far. And also, repeating the same ideas and concepts and whatnot theories can be a tad boring and too lame to read, if you get what I mean. Soon after a while, we can all label you as the person who uses the same Pokemon for every single RP or the person who always seem to be the child of Reshiram or Kyogre or Heatran....

*looks around* We have an RPer that's like that in Eternal Nightmare :)

I'm kinda annoyed sometimes since he happens to be a child of a legendary every time lol. But I guess as long as he doesn't get carried away, it'll be fine.

and my bro, Dia has a point there. If you're a Pansage and your mother was a Emolga, how would you be able to control static?

Let there be some logic, people!

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
Hey everyone! Ace is back! I apologize to all the GMs of the RPs I was in before I left. We had to move to another place. But now that we're settled in, I think I can RP again, and I've been dying to do just that for weeks xD

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years

See, whenever I see something like that, I always try to think of it as inheritors instead of children of the legendary pokemon. Inheritors don't necessarily have to be related, which I think is better than being the children of a legendary pokemon.

Hmm...Just got a good plot idea. XD

Years
I haven't gotten any sign ups to my RP in about a week. Could someone offer some comment, advice, even criticism, because it's getting a bit discouraging.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
I haven't gotten any sign ups to my RP in about a week. Could someone offer some comment, advice, even criticism, because it's getting a bit discouraging.

I think it is due to the fact that it is REALLY complicated. Many of us here RP for fun, but not to get into huge mechanics about it. Although it is a good plot, everything else is entirely too complicated and that can drive people away. Especially most of the people who RP now are new at this and those aren't have already joined in so many RPs already.

Soften the mechanics a bit, eh?

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
Years
Roserade's new RP - The End has Finally Come (click the linK!) is a great RP, in my opinion! It has a so-so name, of course (sorry Roserade xD), but its plot and the system deserve much more. It has a clear plot, and you can be a Trainer, Ranger, even the Leader of the enemy team.

It has a 'Sector' System that introduces three Leaders, in charge of the enemy team, which, obviously, plans to take over the world.

If you guys are interested in joining an interesting RP, please check it out :) it's fun.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I've got one RP, and I'm determined to let it not die, and finish it. It's actually going relatively well.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
This is pretty much an advertisement place of RPs anyways, EVEN THOUGH THE RULES STATE NOT TOO...or at least, I remember seeing that somewhere. XD

While I'm here, I might as well advertise...just kidding. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back