• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

-A new Start. (Pokemon Journey)

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
Reggie stepped along the route, watching the setting sun fall behind the distant trees. The Oddish at his feet stepped along, the same blank stare on its face. Reggie looked down to the Oddish as it glanced back up, smiling almost stupidly after a second's delay. Reggie shook his head, smiling. Even if the Oddish wasn't a fighter, it sure was unique. Finally, the sun fell behind the horizon, leaving the sky a dark blue in its wake. Eventually, it became so dark that Reggie couldn't even see anymore. He tripped over a tree root, falling onto his face.

"Ow! What the heck!?" Reggie shouted as Oddish approached his face. Reggie's chin rested on the ground. He looked up to Oddish. Past the little Pokemon he could see a dim light illuminating some trees in the distance. Slowly Reggie got up, and walked toward the light, intrigued by its glimmer. Finally, the source of the light came into view. It was a cabin. The windows were lit from the inside, but they were frosted over, preventing anyone from being able to see in. Reggie went to the front of the web-covered cabin and entered.

As soon as the door creaked open, all of the eerie lights went out. The room became pitch black. Reggie felt his way around the room, bumping into tables, chairs, and whatever else it was that he couldn't see. Suddenly, a bright light flashed in his face, revealing what seemed to be a candle-like Pokemon.

"What the!!!" Reggie shouted as he recoiled, feeling Oddish with the back of his foot. Attempting to not step on Oddish, Reggie fell over backward into a chair that was facing away from him. The chair slid out from underneath his back, ramming into the table near it. A broom that was leaning against a pipe that was hung on the wall hit a small marble into said pipe, causing it to roll down the pipe. It hit a small bucket of water that was propped on top of the cabinet next to Reggie, causing the water to dump all onto him with a crash. Reggie shot up off of the ground, glaring at the Pokemon.

"What was that for!?" Reggie shouted angrily at the Pokemon as it snickered, floating around the room and laughing at Reggie. Reggie instantly found this as a challenge, and pointed at the Pokemon.

"Oddish, get it!" Reggie shouted. Oddish looked up to Reggie insecurely, as if unable to attack. "What's up?" Reggie asked. Oddish looked worriedly at him.

"Odd!" Oddish shouted with concern.

"It'll be fine, it's just a little candle Pokemon!" Reggie reassured. Oddish jumped out in front of Reggie, looking up at the candle Pokemon as it floated through the air. Suddenly, the Pokemon vanished, snuffing the light with its disappearance. A second later, it reappeared in front of Oddish, hitting it with its small forearm; it was an Astonish attack. Oddish recoiled, falling onto its back after losing balance.

"Lit! Lit lit lit!" the Pokemon laughed. It vanished again after Oddish recovered, repeating the attack. Reggie clenched his teeth; he didn't want to lose his first battle. Then, an idea popped up in his head.

"Oddish, use Sweet Scent!" Reggie commanded. Oddish squeezed its eyes shut, straining. Suddenly, a plume of pink smoke erupted from the Oddish. Suddenly, the Pokemon emerged from its veil of shadow, and seemed entranced by the lovely aroma produced by Oddish.

"Now, Oddish! Use Absorb!" Reggie said. Oddish spun its body, striking the candle Pokemon with its spinning leaves. Small, green orbs erupted from the Pokemon and were absorbed by Oddish. Somehow, Oddish seemed to look healthier.

The candle Pokemon snapped out of its trance, and it was angry now.

"Looks like it's game time!" Reggie said, noticing that the candle Pokemon was ready for action. Suddenly, the wick on the Pokemon's head shot a flame right at Oddish, striking Oddish with a critical blow. Oddish stumbled backward, dazed but not ready to give in.

"Crap! I should've realized that this Pokemon had fire moves! Wait... don't I have a Pokedex?" Reggie realized. He pulled out the slim, black machine and aimed it at the Pokemon.

"Litwick, the Candle Pokemon. Litwick shines a light that absorbs the life energy of people and Pokémon, which becomes the fuel that it burns. While shining a light and pretending to be a guide, it leeches off the life force of any who follow it," the Pokedex stated in a monotonous voice.

"Litwick, huh? Alright, Oddish, it's time for one more Absorb!" Reggie commanded. Oddish repeated the Absorb technique, recovering a bit of health, but still looking tired. The Litwick inhaled, ready for another Ember technique. However, it was slower due to the damage it took already. Reggie used this delay to his advantage.

"Pokeball, go!" Reggie shouted, throwing a Pokeball at the Litwick. The ball hit Litwick, absorbing the Pokemon. In a split second, the cabin grew dark. All Reggie could see was the red, flickering light on the Pokeball as it bobbed back and forth, deciding if it were to be a catch or not.

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
Years
  • (:
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
Silhouette- I liked that post. :) Oddish is a cutie.

The red ball began shifting side to side. Soon, the ball turned grey and haulted. Litwick had been caught.

Reggie caught a level 5 Litwick(Female)
Oddish grew to level 6

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Chapter 2 - The cabin
Serenity

Serenity and her newly obtained Cleffa arrived at the pinnicle of Route One. Route one was basically a forest -- many wild pokemon inhabited, there were a lot of trees who's leaves swayed though the gentle wind, and a variety of berries grew from those trees, even bushes. Serenity yawned as she stared at Cleffa's pokeball, on which she was holding on her right hand.

"Its quite hard to believe that you are my first pokemon..." Serenity said as she was walking. "You were such a cute thing when I've first met you. Hm...I wonder if you are quite powerful..."

It was then that Serenity took out her red pokedex. She slid the cover open, and pressed the red power button to turn it on. The pokedex's only entry was "Cleffa" because it is the only pokemon that Serenity had met and caught, so she decided to look up on it.

"CLEFFA. THE STAR-SHAPED POKEMON," the pokedex started to explain. "CLEFFA ARE SAID TO FORM CIRCLES AND DANCE AS IF THEY ARE FLYING ON NIGHTS WHEN THERE ARE ARE MANY FALLING STARS."

"...That's...interesting..." Serenity intrigued as she slid back the cover of her pokedex to close it. "I suppose there is more than meets the eye to Cleffa. I shall make a note of it."

Serenity put back her pokedex in her left pokcet as she continued to travel. A few minutes later...

"HELP! SOMEONE HELP!" Serenity heard a voice pleading for help. She didn't know where the voice was coming from, exceppt that it came from up ahead, which made Serenity jogged up the trail a bit to see where it was coming from. Then, after a few seconds, Serenity stopped to find out the cause of the scream; it was a young boy. Beside him, was a young girl.

"Excuse me," Serenity addressed as she approached the two of them. "Is there some sort of problem?"

"O-oh!" the boy cried. "Miss, are you a pokemon trainer?"

"I suppose am," Serenity replied. "I do have a partner pokemon, after all..."

"Oh, that's great!" the boy said in happiness. "Please, you've got to help us!"

"What is this problem you have?" Serenity asked.

"Well," the girl said in response. "I've um...dropped um...something in this abandoned cabin, you see...and uh...there was then this scary pokemon!"

"Scary pokemon?" Serenity asked. "What sort of pokemon?"

"All we can remember..." the girl explained. "It was gasous...and purple! It had a reeeeeally long tounge..."

"It was soooo spooky!" the boy pointed out. "Its long tounge took out our own pokemon! It...it paralyzed them!"

"I see..." Serenity grasped. "Well, what is this 'item' you speak of? If you would like, I could just buy another one for you -- "

"Miss, I don't want another one! that one is important!" the girl explained. "It was a good luck charm of mine! It...it helped me regain confidence whenever I need it...I...I need it now..."

"Little girl," Serenity said. "There is no such thing as 'luck'."

"Um, well..." the boy started to say. "My sister is really, really shy you see...and well, the good luck charm she had...it always helped her to meet new people; do more things; get better confidence! Please miss...you have to help us."

Serenity sighed as she glanced at the both of them. "...Very well," Serenity sighed. "I shall help you."

"Yay!" the girl gleamed. "Thank you, miss!"

"What are your names?" Serenity asked.

"My name is Leo!" the boy answered. "And that's my sister: Asuka!"

"Very well, Leo and Asuka," Serenity said. "My name is Serenity. Now, where is this 'cabin' you lost your charm into?"

"Its right over there!" Leo said, pointing to a structure. The building was entirely made out of wood -- logs as it were. It was quite sturdy as it was supported by beams, and a roof on top.

"Alright," Serenity said. "Let's go." Serenity walked towards the cabin as Leo and Asuka trailed on behind her. A few mnutes later, they arrived at the abandoned cabin. They reached the front door as Serenity slowly opened the door. It made a sharp "creeking" sound as she slwoly opened the door. Then, the trio started to explore the cabin.

"Oooh..." Leo sighed. "The more we go into this place, the more closer we get to that scary pokemon..."

"Do not worry," Serenity suggested. "If anything happens, my pokemon shall be of assistance."

"I..." Asuka started to say. "I can't thank you enough, miss..."

"Think nothing of it," Serenity said. "After all, it is a trianer's duty to help out one another."

As they explored the cabin deeper...there was then a faint cry.

"Gas..."

"Shhh!" Leo susshed as he stopped walking. "D-Did you just hear something?"

"Its probably nothing. Come on, lets keep looking." Serenity said as she turned to Asuka. "Now, where did you drop this charm?"

"Its..further up ahead..." Asuka replied.

The trio started to explore again. As they went deeper...the faint cry could be heard again.

"gast....ly..."

"Okay, I KNOW i heard something that time," Leo bowled. "I-it's...so c-creepy!"

"Hm, I think you may be right..." Serenity said. It was then that the gang slowly turned...around...as they did...THEY SAW A POKEMON, DUN DUN DUNNNN!

"GASTLY!" (Boo!)

"I-I-I-I-I-I-Itsssss...." Leo studdered as he hid behind Serenity. "ITS THAT POKEMON!"

"MISS PLEASE!" Asuka screamed as she too hid behind Serenity. "BEAT IT! BEAT IT!"

The gasous pokemon stuck out its long tounge, mocking the thre eof them. It then laughed as it was seemed to have teleported in and out of the room, creating a sppoky feel.

"I wonder what is that pokemon is anyways..." Serenity said as she took out her pokedex.

"GASTLY, THE GAS POKEMON," the pokedex explained. "IT IS USUALLY INVISIBLE. ITS SPECIALTY IS ITS LICK ATTACK."

"That was awfully brief..." Serenity said as she put away her pokedex. "But no matter!"

Serenity then took out Cleffa's pokeball again, and softly gave it a kiss. "Come Cleffa!" she calle dout as she threw her pokeball. The pokeball opened up, sending out white energy, as seconds passed, it revealled a form; shapped like Cleffas. One second later, Cleffa was totally visable.

"Cleffa...?" (Is it wakey-time yet?)

"That's your pokemon?!" Leo said in reactio nto Serenity's pokemon. "But...its just a Cleffa!! What can it do?!"

"Gaaaassssstly! Gassssss!" (Aw, is it going to hit me with its baby bottle? Or... maybe cry itself to submission? Hahahaha!)

"Allow me to demonstrate Cleffa's powers," Serenity said as she glared at Cleffa. "Cleffa! Be prepared for combat!"

"Cleffa..." (Okay... *yawn* Just...let me rub my eyes...)

"Hold on, Leo," Asuka said. "I think Serenity knows what she's doing!"

"I sure hope so..." Leo sighed.

"Alright, valiant Gastly!" Serenity declared. "Prepare to be defeated by my Princess Cleffa!"

"Princess....?!" Leo bowled.

"Now, Cleffa!" Serenity said. "Show them your honorable HERO STRIKE ATTACK!" The room then grew an awkward silence.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"... ... Clef ...?" (Huh?) Cleffa finally cried.

"GASASASASASLLYYYYYY! GASSSSSSS!" (AHAHAHAHA! THAT IS QUITE AN ATTACK! OHHHH, I AM DEFEATED NOW! AHAHAHAHA!") Gastly laughed.

"...Why is it not working?" Serenity asked. "Cleffa! He should be defeated by now!"

"But Serenity!" Leo started to say. "That's not an actual attack! You have to call out attacks that Cleffa knows about!"

"And...what attacks are those?" Serenity asked.

"W-what the!!! --" Leo staggered. "Did you check your pokedex about them at all?!"

"Hm..." Serenity hummed, taking out her pokedex again, opening it.

"THE ATTACKS THIS CLEFFA KNOWS," the pokedex said. "ARE POUND AND GROWL."

"...We're doomed..." Leo sighed.

"No matter!" Serenity said, putting away her pokedex. "Cleffa! Just simply use your pound attack!"

"Cleffffa!" (Leave it me!) Cleffa cried out as it jumped, getting ready one of its...hands. "Cleffffffaaaa!" (POUND ATTACK -- huh?)

However, Cleffa's attack didn't work. It went right through Gastly's gasous form, thus making Cleffa crash against the nearby wall.

"Clef...fa..." (Ow...I hurted my owie head...) Cleffa cried upon crashing.

"GASSSSSTLY! GASTLY!" (HAHAHAHA! I must say, I'm most impressed! That hurt -- THE AIR! MUHAHAHAHA!)

"Why the dickens didn't it work?!" Serenity asked in confusion.

"Uh...Serenity..." Leo sighed. "Normal type attacks don't work on ghost pokemon."

"Since when?" Serenity asked again.

"SINCE ALWAYS!! SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME!!" Leo yelled. "I THOUGHT YOU WERE A GOOD POKEMON TRAINER!! BUT YOU ARE JUST A BEGINNER!!"

"Leo...Serenity..." Asuka said softly in worryment.

"Gassssstly!" (Now its my turn!) Gastly cried out turning to Serenity's Cleffa. "Gassssssstly!" (Lick attack!)

Gastly then stook out its long tounge, giving it contact against Cleffa. Gaastly licked Cleffa on and around its face.

"Cleffa! Cleffffa!" (S-stop! That...that tickles!) Cleffa cried out.

"Oh no...that's Gastly's lick attack!" Leo explained. "If it keeps that up, Cleffa will be paraylzed!"

"Hang in there, Princess Cleffa!" Serenity cheered. "Please hold on until I can formulate a plan!"

"I..." Asuka softly then said. "I have an idea..."

"What is it?" Serenity asked. "Any idea is helpful at this point."

"Hoothoot!" Asuka cried out as she took out a pokeball. "I choose you! Use your Foresight attack!"

"Hooooot!" (one birds-eye hawtness coming up!) Hoothoot cried out as it gave out a red light from its eyes. The red light hit the gastly, which Gastly was suprised, as it turned towards th ehoothoot.

"G-GASTLLYYYY?!" (Wh-what is this light...?)

"Um..." Asuka said. "Foresight is an attack that makes ghost pokemon visable...and you can use normal moves against it now."

"That's brilliant, sis!" Leo complemented.

"Very well!" Serenity said. "Princess Cleffa! Use another Pound attack!"

"Cleffa!!" (and this hand was made for hitting you~!) Cleffa cried out as it jumped. Its hand glowed, then, focusing it sattention to a distracted Gastly, and thanks to foresight, it struck its pound attack against the backside head of the gastly, causing gastly to crash onto the ground, due to the impact of the hit. Gastly then stopped moving; it seemed to have been knocked out.

"I'm going to catch it...!" Serenity said as she took out a empty pokeball. "Pokeball! Capture it, if you please!"

Serenity then threw a pokeball towards the fallen gastly. The pokeball then hit against it, as it then opened up. As the pokeball opened, a white energy can be seen, which sucked the gastly in.

It closed, but then the pokeball started to shake...

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
Years
  • (:
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
Miss Doronjo- Thank goodness Asuka was there. ^-^ Good post.

The three young trainers stood watching the pokeball shake. After 3 shakes the ball suddenly stopped.

Serenity caught a Level 5 Gastly(Male) (Gastly also learned spite )

Cleffa leveled up to level 6 and learned Encore

Years
Chapter 2- Post 2

"Wow" Jack fell down onto the ground, exhausted, the battle took a surprising amount of energy out of Jack but was happy as he saw Elekid approach him with pokeball in hand holding his newly caught Aipom. "Thanks Elekid" Jack took the pokeball and placed it into his pocket and sat their a moment embracing the situation. My first catch

"Bibi" Elekid looked at Jack wanting some more praise for a job well done and the hard fought battle. It was obvious to Jack that Elekid was a born fighter from the moment he met him and this led Jack to wonder even more. These magical creatures Jack was motionless again and deep in though How could people abandon their love for pokemon. Jack lived his entire life wondering this and hoped that somehow he could make a difference.

"Lets go buddy" Jack stood up and brushed the dirt off himself "But aren't you tired" Jack wondered if he so tired and he did nothing how come Elekid looked so lively.

"Bibibi!" Elekid beat his chest one time trying to show Jack that he was as strong as ever and was willing to prove it.

"Come down Elekid" laughed Jack as they continued along the path. "You need to rest"

"Bibibibi!" but Elekid was determined to prove Jack wrong and jumped up and down in the air showing his frustration. "Bibi" Elekid pointed towards a pokemon perched on a tree.

"What are you showing me?" Jack looked at the pokemon before taking his pokedex out of his pocket and scanned it.

16.png
Pidgey is a Flying Pokémon. Among all the Flying Pokémon, it is the gentlest and easiest to capture. A perfect target for the beginning Pokémon Trainer to test his Pokémon's skills. Pidgey's Gust power creates tornadoes. It also has a Sand-Attack.​

"Hm, maybe I should catch it" said Jack as he returned the pokedex to his pocket.

"Bibi!" Elekid nodded in agreement and stood and started walking towards the Pidgey.

"Hold on, I think you need to rest maybe Aipom should take care of this" This angered Elekid who wanted to prove to Jack that he is strong enough to handle it.

"Bibibibi!" Elekids anger was showing and spun his arms around quickly creating sparks of electricity which he then shot straight towards Pidgey hitting the little pigeon hard causing him to fall from the tree.

"Wow, that's new" Jack was impressed but disappointed at the same time. Impressed by Elekids new attack but disappointed that he ignored his orders.

"Bibi" Elekid turned towards Jack hoping he would have a smile on his face but instead saw Jack frowning. "Bibi?" Elekid wondered why and as he thought was attack from behind by the Pidgey

"Watch out" but it was too late Pidgey had already hit Elekid multiple times and took to the skies again. "Go Aipom" Jack released his newly caught Aipom who was able to jump onto the Pidgeys back.

"Aipom!" the little monkey started scratching at Pidgey causing it to fall flat on the ground.

"Great work" shouted Jack but this seemed to upset Elekid who just began to get up off the ground.

"Bi" Elekid was upset that Aipom was getting all his thunder and desided to show Jack some more of it and used a Thundershock attack on Pidgey who was at the time being scratched by Aipom.

"Oh no" was Jacks response as he watched the Thundershock attack hit Aipom and Pidgey hard.

Once again Elekid looked towards Jack who was now furious with him for his behavior and watched as Aipom ran towards Elekid and the two pokemon began to argue with each other. Jack couldn't understand what they were saying but he could take a guess. Jack tried to break it up but the two pokemon were determined and during all this time the Pidgey was able to get up off the ground again. Pidgey flew up into the air but neither Jack or Elekid or Aipom noticed. But they did see when the Pidgey tackled Elekid and Aipom simultaneously. Both pokemon stood up weakly and watched as the Pidgey flew towards them again.

"Guys please we need some teamwork" Jack started pleading with the two pokemon who gave angry looks at each other before nodding their heads "Good, so Elekid use Thundershock" Elekid spun his arms around and sent a bolt of electricity towards Pidgey which caused it to slow down as it approached them "Now Aipom your turn Scratch" Aipom began scratching the disorientated Pidgey who then crashed to the ground fainting. Jack threw a pokeball at the little pigeon and watched as the pokeball shuck from side to side waiting on the outcome.

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
Years
  • (:
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
Jackblaze- Your battle is really short, maybe even shorter than the last one... Try to add some more details into the attacks, so your not just listing them.

But anyways I will let you catch the Pidgey... it's level will be low though
Jack caught a Level 3 Pidgey(Female)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Chapter two
Ristel Dorff
< theme >

PART 2 - the shadows they cast

It was early afternoon. Ristel had had some lunch - not the best, since he had mostly brought a load of sandwiches and dry things from home - and given some to his pokémon as well. Now he felt a bit better. He had been anxiously looking over his own shoulder now and then all day, as if he expected his mother to come running after him with blodshot angry eyes... but she hadn't. He wondered if she had noticed that he was gone yet. She probably had. And would she realize what he was doing? He had left a note.

"I'm going away to find out why dad liked pokémon. Don't worry about me.

- Ristel"

She could probably figure out what he had done, yeah. He hoped she didn't know about professor Cherry and blamed her.

Now he was standing between his two pokémon on the grass some ways from the road. Shinx was as playful as ever and ready to make Ristel proud. Vulpix sighed and proceeded to sit down and lick her fur clean. Ristel was starting to wonder who was the feline and who was the canine here, really.

"Come on Vulpix, let's battle Shinx together!" he suggested kindly. "As we should have done this morning," he then added. Why in Kanto did professor Cherry give me a pokémon that doesn't want to battle? Ristel asked himself, scratching his head.

Shinx barked as to challenge Vulpix, but she responded with a cold stare and then turned around, ignoring the lion cub. Ristel almost heard something crack inside Shinx and saw its sadness. He felt a bit lost. What was going on here?

"Hey, Shinx, don't worry, she'll probably warm up to you soon..." he tried.

All of a sudden, Shinx had a new opponent. When Ristel looked back towards Vulpix, there was someone else standing in front of her. Vulpix blinked and looked at the purple monkey who had appeared. The monkey winked at her and jumped closer to Ristel's side of the grass field, laughing.

"What... is that?" Ristel mumbled, then remembered that he'd better ask the pokédex than the air.

"Aipom, normal type," the little machine said when he pointed it at the new pokémon.

Another pokémon for him to study! Which reminded him.. he had to sit down and draw his pokémon soon. He had been thinking of how to best capture the shadows that Vulpix' tails cast...

Shinx interrupted him and barked. Ristel realized that he wanted to battle the Aipom. He nodded towards the lion. "Alright. Let's try to capture it! Shinx, Tackle!"

Shinx glanced at Vulpix, who did look interested for a while, until she noticed that he was looking. Then she turned her head away in a brute manner. Shinx meowed in what could be assumed to be a battle roar, and then stormed off towards the monkey. In the very last second, Aipom jumped up into the air, dodging the Tackle and revealing its large and strong tail. With the tail, it flipped around in midair and gave the lion on the ground a Scratch attack. Ristel knew that because he let the pokédex track Aipom's movements and identify its attacks. He had already studied Shinx' and Vulpix' attacks when he was walking down the road before.

Shinx got hurt, but didn't give up. Aipom winked towards Vulpix again, who was actually watching the battle.

"Shinx, use Leer!"

Shinx turned around and gave Aipom a deathstare. Aipom got a little shocked and stumbled when it touched the ground again after the leap.

"Tackle!" Ristel shouted, standing only a couple of meters away and feeling the battle's intensity. As Shinx tackled the Aipom, Ristel's body moved as well, imagining the impact. Aipom stumbled backwards and for a second it looked hurt. Vulpix actually gasped. But then a wide smile crept back onto the monkey's lips. It flew up, using its tail to propel itself forward, and stirred up a pile of dirt from the dry ground. It became a dust cloud that hit Shinx and made the little lion whimper.

Ristel's pokédex reacted and spelled out the words "Sand Attack" on the screen. So that was one of Aipom's attacks beside Scratch!

Shinx was temporarily blinded and couldn't exactly Leer again. Aipom made a little dance and giggled around the sandy Shinx. Vulpix leaned her head to the side. Now, Ristel noticed her. Was she rooting for Aipom here?

Aipom certainly seemed to like the attention, from both the fox and the boy, and bowed as if it had just performed a fabulous act. Busy as it was doing that, it didn't notice when Shinx had rubbed most of the sand out of his eyes and suddenly Tackled the monkey from behind. That seemed to annoy the Aipom more than it hurt it, even though both pokémon were starting to look bruised by now.

"Vulpix! Care to help out?" Ristel asked the fox. But she looked away demonstratively again. "Argh... alright. Shinx, I'm with you! Let's show this guy what we think of his monkeybusiness!" Ristel then said and clenched his fist.

Aipom waved its tail in front of Shinx, as if to lower its guard... that's right! Ristel recognized that. And so did the pokédex. Tail Whip, just the same attack as Vulpix knew.

"Shinx, look here!" Ristel said and waved his own arm. Shinx looked up happily at him and forgot about Aipom, who got angry from the lack of attention.

It stormed forward all of a sudden, readying a Scratch attack. "Leer, now!" Ristel called out. But Shinx still didn't see properly due to the Sand Attack earlier, and couldn't really look menacing at all. Ristel realized that in the nick of time, and grabbed the little lion and pushed it out of the way. Aipom's Scratch hit Ristel's bare arm instead and they tumbled around in the dirt as Aipom landed a few meters away.

Vulpix stirred. She had hurt Ristel's arm earlier today... she had only been annoyed with the boy and the Shinx. She hadn't really... well, she had mean to hurt them, but she hadn't really been thinking clearly. And she didn't like to battle when people watched. She didn't want to...

"Shiiiii!" Shinx called out and shot towards Aipom swiftly. Ristel ran beside the lion cub. If it was fighting, then he would be too!

Aipom didn't give up, even if it was tired. Shinx got boosted by Ristel's resolve and Aipom got boosted by general arrogance. It couldn't lose against a stupid little lion cub! Aipom leaped and came in towards the duo in a Scratch attack.

Vulpix watched it all as if in slow motion. Aipom leaping with its tail raised and shining, Ristel running with a determined face and his sandy hair and red jacket flowing behind him, and Shinx. The lion didn't seem to take notice of anything else in this world besides its opponent now. That... was pretty cool, Vulpix couldn't help thinking.

Then the impact came. Ristel jumped away to not be where the two pokémon clashed. He found himself with closed eyes and immediately opened them and looked back again. Shinx and Aipom had landed from their leaps. Both shuddered... before Aipom fell to the ground. It had fainted.

Shinx took a step forward and looked back at Ristel with a look that begged for approval. Ristel's smile gave it to him. Shinx smiled back and turned to look at Vulpix. The fox looked straight at him for once. And she nodded. Cool... Shinx thought, before fainting as well.

Ristel walked up to the little lion and took it up in his arms. What a little fighter. He clearly didn't know when to stop for his own good. Ristel hoped he hadn't pushed the little creature too far. As he sat there, Vulpix came walking up to him. She looked at the boy with her big, calm eyes.

"What?" he said. She replied by licking his hand, the one he held tight around Shinx' body. Ristel blinked, then smiled. He wouldn't push it, but maybe he had already tamed two pokémon today.

And one more there would be. The Aipom's purple fur glittered in the sunlight and waved in the tiny breeze. Ristel reached for an empty pokéball in his bag, still holding Shinx, and threw it at the monkey. Shinx had won, but Aipom seemed like a battler with great potential and an interesting personality. Ristel couldn't wait to sketch the shadows that Aipom cast.

Last edited:

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
Years
  • (:
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
RHCP- Lovely post. ^_^

Ristel has caught a level 5 Aipom(Male)
Shinx has leveled up to level 7

(I'll edit this if there are any attacks I forgot to mention)

________
Chapter 3

Viridian City

As you reach the entrance to Viridian City you start hearing a beeping noise. You realise that the annoying sound is coming from your pokedex. You pick the Pokedex up and you notice that Professor Cherry is on the screen.

"Hello? Can you hear me? Hello"

You respond to her.

She then tells you that there is a large white house located on the outskirts of the city. An elderly woman lives in the house. She says that the woman's name is Aurea Juniper and she is a retired Professor. Professor Cherry informs you that Aurea will let you rest at her house for the night and that she will heal you. She will also give you a small squirt bottle. She says that if you spray it on your pokemon that it will automatically heal it.

Inside the huge house are many rooms, and most of the kids from Cherry's lab are resting there for a night. Oddly, there are a few kids that you do not recognize. It turns out that they come from another professor in the Kanto region. You are surprised that there is another professor, but then again you somewhat give him props for doing it so secretly. The professor's name is Professor Dogwood and he is all about winning. So he made sure that all his trainers were tough; mentally and phisically.

While in the mansion you will meet your rival. Off the bat the two of you don't click, y'all keep bickering back and fourth. A frustrated Aurea tells y'all to go into her backyard and settle it with a pokemon battle. She says that tomorrow is some sort of worship day for Anti-trainers so they are all at Pallet Town... what a coincidence.

Once the battle is over a large man walks over to you. His hair is short and his face has seemed to age gracefully. He talks to you. After the conversation he tells you that his name is Gary and he is the Gym Leader of Viridian City. But he says that you are not ready to battle him yet. He says that once you gain seven badges you will be ready. He tells you will have to search for the location of the gym, but you will get a hint once you come back.

You may play as your rival, you decide how they look, how they act, how they battle, and what 2 pokemon they will have. :)

Last edited:
Back