• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoshi No Kaabii

The Void

hiiiii
Years
  • I'm watching it right now! Kirby's so cute I wished I had a pet Kirby!

Anyway, this is where you guys discuss about Hoshi No Kaabii (Kirby: Right Back At Ya! in English...).

Note: We discuss about the Japanese Dub, not the English one. This is after all, a Japanese Entertainment Forum...

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I only ever watched the English version, but it was an awesome show for sure. I should go watch it again. lol

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I remember this anime. I use to watch it about a year ago, but stopped watching it all of a sudden and I only watched it in English.

Years
  • I was an awesome show. There used to be Hoshi No Kaabii Curry on sale at Japanese supermarkets along with Hoshi no Kaabi Furikake with free stickers. I used the stickers to decorate my Gameboy.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Well actually a rough translation of Hoshi no Kaabi is more like Kirby of the Stars, but it was called Right Back at Ya! in the dub. :) Also your "rule" about talking about the japanese version is weird. Japanese Entertainment means anything which originates from Japan is okay, english dub or not.

Anyway, I did watch this in the japanese a while ago because I had heard of it and I thought it was pretty good. It's got some nice characters in it, although I have no idea where Tiff and Tuff originate from. I'm assuming either from those weird mushroom things or a descendant of Kabu. :/ I really do like the fluency of characters in the show, using all the same which appeared in the games. I never understood King Dedede's and Escargoon's CGI animation though. Seemed a little out of place if you ask me.

I kinda stopped watching as soon as I saw Knuckle Joe in it. :P

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • You should watch the Jap version instead. It's way better. 4Kids cut off a lot of parts, including the epic ones (they think they're too violent).

And you should also watch the episode with the dog... (Birth! Kirby's brother!) It made me cry a bucketload...

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • I've seen some episodes of the Japanese version, as well as the English version. I liked both. Though, I admit, some of the voices in the English version did get on my nerves. A good kids' anime, nonetheless.

Back