• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Revamped RU team

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2012
    My last team was UU due to the inclusion of Houndoom, but I've swapped him out and changed things around. Miltank still functions as my lead, while my more offensive Cofagrigus with its high base defense, combined with calm mind, hex, will o wisp, toxic from Shuckle, and paralysis from Miltank, deals some major damage. Shuckle's knock off and Cofagrigus's will o wisp can severely cripple physical attackers too, so I'm pretty comfortavlr with that combination. I'm still using Sceptile as my physical sweeper, I got rid of Lapras, Musharna, and Charizard (charizard before I posted his inclusion), for Moltres, Hitmonlee, and Shuckle. My major weakness to fighting is more or less gone, and I'm feeling really good about this new team. I did not include IV's this time because I realized I calculated them at level 1 and then ev traine, so the IV's posted weren't precise and didn't match up with the hidden powers.

Lead:
    Miltank@leftovers
    Nature: jolly
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EV's: 252 hp / 40 def / 216 speed
    - Stealth Rock
    - Body Slam
    - Milk Drink
    - Heal Bell

This Miltank's job is to set up Stealth Rock and provide Heal Bell support. Body Slam is there to provide a reliable STAB and to provide paralysis support. It'll stay in long enough to set up stealth rock and paralyze one to two pokemon but switch in and out afterwards to maintain Heal Bell support.

SpecWall:
    Shuckle@Leftovers
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Sturdy
    EV's: 252 HP / 4 def / 252 SpecDef
    - Gastro Acid
    - Knock Off
    - Toxic
    - Rest

Shuckle is there to annoy people and acts as my special wall. Knock Off allows him to further is annoyingness by relieving the foe of their item.

SpecSweeper:
    Cofagrigus@Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Mummy
    EV's: 252 hp / 252 def / 4 SpecAtt
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Hex
    - Calm Mind
    - Hidden Power Fighting

Cofagrigus is there because he's immune to fighting (good synergy with Miltank and Shuckle) and blocks rapid spin to keep my stealth rock into play. Will-o-wisp to cut a sweeper's attack, and after a couple calm minds he can deal some good damage with STAB Hex while hex is most likely going to have double base damage due to both Shuckle and Cofagrigus having status inflicting attacks, along with possible paralysis support due to Militant's Body Slam, and become hard to take down. Hidden Power fighting covers normal, ice, rock, and dark types.

Coverage:
    Moltres@Life Orb
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Pressure
    EV's: 4 def / 252 SpecAtt / 252 speed
    - Fire Blast
    - Hidden Power Grass
    - Air Slash
    - Roost

Moltres is there due to my team having a large weakness to fighting. He provides much needed coverage and also provides the much non-needed boost to attack.

PhySweeper:
    Sceptile@Life Orb
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Overgrow
    EV's: 4 hp / 252 att / 252 speed
    - Swords Dance
    - Leaf Blade
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake

I'm still bent on using Sceptile as a physical attacker and not as a SubSeeder, as I think its not as expected. After a swords dance his attack climbs too 590 and STAB leaf blade will punch holes in anything that doesn't resist it. Rock slide and earthquake round out the coverag.

Rapid Spinner:
    Hitmonlee@Life Orb
    Ability: Reckless
    EV's: 252 Att / 4 Def / 252 speed
    - High Jump Kick
    - Double Edge
    - Foresight
    - Rapid Spin

Hitmonlee provides rapid spin support to help Moltres while dealing some damage himself.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I feel that Miltank could use some more Speed and HP here (252 HP/40 Def/216 Spe). The 216 Speed EVs allow it to outspeed Timid/Jolly Pokemon with 95 base Speed.

Even though Shuckle's defenses are ridiculously high, it only resists 2 types (Normal, Poison). Ferroseed has a better defensive typing to take advantage of. Unlike Shuckle, Ferroseed can actually hit back with Gyro Ball, despite its mediocre Attack:
    -Spikes
    -Leech Seed
    -Thunder Wave/Protect
    -Gyro Ball
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Eviolite

Oh and Sceptile can have Overgrow or Unburden, not Water Absorb.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2012
    Thank you for pointing that out PlatinumDude, I fixed my mistake. I hadn't thought of using Ferroseed because it was in a higher tier.

Oh, and I'll use the EV spread you suggested for Miltan, I like those better.

I changed the EV spread on my miltank too. I like the one you provided better and have 3 spare Miltank I had bread for backu. Luckily I breed extras in case I muff up the ev training hahahaha.

I have a quick question. Do you guys think using Dragonair instead of Sceptile for my physical sweepers would work better?

Dragonair@Life Orb
    Ability: Shed Skin
    EV's: 52 HP / 252 attack / 204 speed
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - ExtremeSpeed
    -Aqua Tail

After one dragon dance he hits 341 speed which can outpace nearly the entire RU metagame, and his attack hits 439. His outrage becomes devastating, and hits everything for neutral damage (I believe). And due to her being a dragon type, and having a little extra bulk due to the HP EV's, I could get two or three dragon dances in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    If you're going to use SD Sceptile, might as well use the physical Unburden set.

Sceptile @ Flying Gem
    EVs: 80 Spe, 252 Atk, 176 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    Unburden
    - Swords Dance
    - Acrobatics
    - Brick Break
    - Leaf Blade

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2012
    I cant use unburden. Unburden is a dream world ability and inaccessible to me.

Webdemon

Meh! Seems legit
    Years
  • I have a quick question. Do you guys think using Dragonair instead of Sceptile for my physical sweepers would work better?

Dragonair@Life Orb
    Ability: Shed Skin
    EV's: 52 HP / 252 attack / 204 speed
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - ExtremeSpeed
    -Aqua Tail

After one dragon dance he hits 341 speed which can outpace nearly the entire RU COMPETITION, and his attack hits 439. His outrage becomes devastating, and hits everything for neutral damage (I believe). And due to her being a dragon type, and having a little extra bulk due to the HP EV's, I could get two or three dragon dances in.

Fixed. I reaaaally don't like that word....For some reason it just sucks out my smex appeal.

Anywho:

As long as you're not facing another dragon or an ice type or they're slow enough for you to gain the upper hand, It's all good!

Dragon's are risky as your opponents will always prepare for them.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2012
    I've run into 1 druddigon in RU, no other dragons. And I dont think ice that common either.

Back