• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first completely original team - OU

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    Lucario (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Aura Sphere
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Dark Pulse

This is my first special sweeper. Lucario's job is to come in and take out literally any type with the fact that it's moveset has Dragon Pulse for everything not steel and Aura Sphere to hit the steel types for AT LEAST neutral damage.

Whimsicott (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - U-turn
    - Encore
    - Stun Spore
    - Leech Seed

Whimsicott is designed to come in and make the opponent extremely annoyed. Since Prankster affects three of its moves it can quickly paralyze the opponent and if it uses a non-damaging move it can use Encore to trap it which practically gives me a free HP boost and lowers its HP. If it uses a damaging move I can use Encore to quickly switch.

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Recover
    - Ice Beam
    - Haze

Milotic's point is to sponge up attacks while stopping the opponent from using a status move on me since it will make Milotic even bulkier by making all of its defensive stats over 300. Scald is to burn the opponent and Ice Beam is to do some good damage. Haze is good for getting rid of stat boosts while recover is to give it staying power.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
    Trait: Download
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Tri Attack
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Recover

Porygon2 is usually seen as a defensive Pokémon due to it's amazing defenses with the Eviolite. However it also has great Special Attack Tri Attack is great and everyone knows th amazing BoltBeam combo. Recover is used to give it staying power like Milotic.

Haxorus (F) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Swords Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake

Haxorus is an incredibly good attacking monster. Its attack can reach 416 and as a dragon it deals neutral damage to everything but Steel types. I'm using the Smogon Double Dance strategy on this one since when I need a big attack boost I use Swords Dance and when I need attack and speed I use Dragon Dance. Not much too say about Earthquake and Outrage.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Gyro Ball
    - Toxic
    - Earthquake
    Bronzong is a great wall. Although it adds another Fire weakness to my team It makes up for it with Earthquake. Gyro Ball is good sense Bronzong has like 70 speed and Toxic and Stealth Rock are really self explanatory.

CloudNine

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2014
    I dont feel like Lucario needs Dragon Pulse, I would replace it with Nasty Plot or Vacuum Wave.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Milotic's Special Defense is high enough already, so you can go for a physically defensive spread on it (Bold nature, 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef).

And just so you know, Bronzong has 33 base Speed, which is very slow.

Years
  • I'm investigating what needs changing I saw a few things that PlatDude didn't mention.

As CloudNine said, Lucario needs touching up in terms of its movset, I recommend this one:

453.png

Modest / Timid nature
    Inner Focus
    Life Orb
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed
    - Nasty Plot
    - Aura Sphere
    - Dark Pulse
    - Vacuum Wave / Hidden Power Ice

This one is great if you plan on using Nasty Plot.

I'm surprised you got Haxorus' moveset, nature, EV spread and ability all perfect.

Years
  • On first glance: I agree with all the previous post...
    I don't really like the Idea of the porygon2 (@Eviolite) "bulky Sweeper"
    You have Milotic and Bronzong, why don't you change porygon2 with porygon-Z
    With Choice Specs/Scarf
    EVs:4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    ~Tri Attack
    ~Dark Pulse
    ~Hidden Power [Fighting]
    ~Trick / Thunderbolt

Or maybe It might be better to change that with a Revenge Killer
    Your Lucario won't be staying for a lot, and your team doesn't have a supporter to avoid that. Same With Haxorus even tho most time he comes in late in the game for the last sweep, So he's ok(Nice EV spread, moves, etc)
    Maybe you should go for a scarfed (Dugtrio) or (Scarf/Specs) Magnezone, (Scarfed/banded) Scizor or even Genga can play very well as an Revenge Killer/ Sweeper without the use of Scarf with his great speed...
    I'm just suggesting, It's your choice what you like most!

And last You should change Milotic to Bold / 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe (Or if you want to play around by taking of EVs from health and giving them to speed)

Back