• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Is it possible to leave the Pokemon League after defeating the Elite Four, but before battling N? I know you have access to a PC, but the team I have planned for N's Castle needs a bit of leveling up, so I'd like to know if I'll need to get that done before or after the Elite Four.

I think so. But iirc the only way to leave is to purposely be beat in battle. You'll end up at the Pokemon Center at the start of the Elite 4.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Is it possible to leave the Pokemon League after defeating the Elite Four, but before battling N? I know you have access to a PC, but the team I have planned for N's Castle needs a bit of leveling up, so I'd like to know if I'll need to get that done before or after the Elite Four.

There's also a Team Plasma grunt somewhere in N's castle who will offer you to take you back to the Pokemon League center. He'll also be in that building to take you back to N's Castle.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2012
Hey..

I have a C-Gear since a long time i beated the game.. how do i costume it?
I think about passwords.. still how?

Perriechu

Years
Are there any pokemon that can learn false swipe and mean look... or are those moves available in tm form to teach to pokemon...I mean thunderus was a pain in my ass because he kept fleeing from battle and im not sure if cobalion and his significant others do the same. Any info will be great and if anyone is willing to trade me any pokemon who has these moves that would be even better thanks.

Nope, Cobalion & Co. don't run from you. Thundurus/Tornadus are the only roamers in Black and White.

To answer your move question... Absol, Gallade, Smeargle, Pawniard and Bisharp can all have False Swipe & Mean Look. Mean Look has to be bred onto all of them and then False Swipe should be taught via Tm 54. Smeargle just needs to sketch them.

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2012
Rules of a legitimate pokemon

Hi guys, i'm quite new at the pokemon online features, i won't waste your time making you read my long post, so i'll just get straight to the point.

1) if legit pokemon is traded to an unlegit copy of pokemon game, will the pokemon not be able to enter the online matchup forever?
2) if original copy of pokemon game is entered by a hacked pokemon due to a trade, will the whole save be branded as illegitimate or just the hacked specific pokemon that enters the original game be branded like that?

I have a case here, lemme explain it briefly:
I have a legit pokemon from a legit copy, but i intended to transfer it to an unlegit copy of the pokemon to eat EV-reduing berries. As we all know, these berries are super hard to get in GenV. So i decided to make them eat AR-ed berries. Now question is, how far will it affect my game and pokemon? Will my whole legit saved game be jeopardized by receiving this "berry-fed" pokemon back to my legit copy? Or will only the "berry-fed" pokemon be branded as illegit? Or will neither case happen, and i walk free from the illegitimation case check?

Thanks before, and any reply or input will be greatly appreciated :)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
1) Um, maybe, I don't really know what you mean by "unlegit Pokemon game" because if its not an official Pokemon game I don't think it would be able to use Online matchup.
2) No, just the Pokemon is the only thing that's hacked. Your game is fine.

Do you mean an unlegit game = a game that was modified by codes? If it's just simple codes like All Berries, All Medicines, All Pokeballs, etc, it doesn't make your game or the Pokemon unlegit, because you'd just be feeding it berries, using the Pokeballs, etc, you won't actually be modifying parts of your game (making Events happen when you don't have the requirement) or going to places you shouldn't (walk through walls code specifically). So the berries aren't unlegit, the Pokemon isn't, the game isn't. You shouldn't have to trade the Pokemon, feed berries, then trade it back to your "legit" game.

The only time a Pokemon isn't legit is when you force the game to generate something that wouldn't occur naturally: forcing a Pokemon to be shiny, forcing a Pokemon to appear where it isn't normally found, changing the gender, editing the level, moves that it shouldn't learn normally, etc.

I hope I explained this well enough!

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2012
All too well, friend. Thank you very much. Yes, by unlegit pokemon i do mean a pokemon that's unqualified to enter random online matchup. Of course it's quite obvious that they say about having an "unrealistic" pokemon is illegit (like full 31 ivs for all stat). But sometimes it can become grayish for area where hacks are used. For example (this gets trickier), a vitamin that surpasses 100 EV value is fed into pokemon. So like, 25 hp up and 25 vitamin fed, the certain pokemon now has 250 hp ev and 250 atk ev, without training. Now is this considered illegit?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
You can't feed the Pokemon more than 10 vitamins per stat, so that wouldn't work. It's not that hard to EV train now so your best bet is to just EV train normally and not use the AR to obtain the EVs.

Also, having 31 IVs for each stat is not illegal. It is illegal, however, if you got those by editing a Pokemon's IVs using an AR or anything else like that. Most people just use RNG to get flawless IVs, which is totally fine.

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2012
That's the problem, see. There's an AR code that allows you to feed vitamins to pokemon for more than 10 times per stat. Now in this case, is the pokemon still considered as legit? Because the case which they feed the vitamin is fine, but crossing the border of the "10 vitamins per stat" rule is broken in the "illegit" game.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
Hey..

I have a C-Gear since a long time i beated the game.. how do i costume it?
I think about passwords.. still how?

If you mean the backgrounds for the C-Gear, then you'd have to enter passcodes on the Global Link when the C-Gear skin is available. Before that, however you'd need a Pokemon Global Link account.

Serebii usually posts when there's a new skin available, and iirc, there's a page in the BW section specifically on the skins and when they are available in what area.

Perriechu

Years
If you mean the backgrounds for the C-Gear, then you'd have to enter passcodes on the Global Link when the C-Gear skin is available. Before that, however you'd need a Pokemon Global Link account.

Serebii usually posts when there's a new skin available, and iirc, there's a page in the BW section specifically on the skins and when they are available in what area.

Just to add to this. They're only for a limited time. And most of them are only for Japanese games. Since BW2 are out, BW probably won't receive many more C-Gear skins.

Here's the page on Serebii giving you the details.

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/globallinkdownloads.shtml

That's the problem, see. There's an AR code that allows you to feed vitamins to pokemon for more than 10 times per stat. Now in this case, is the pokemon still considered as legit? Because the case which they feed the vitamin is fine, but crossing the border of the "10 vitamins per stat" rule is broken in the "illegit" game.

It's still counted as legit. You're not going across the 255 in one stat limit or the 510 overall limit (are you?). It's a big time consumer Ev training a Pokemon. This is just made so it's easier. As long as you stick to the 255/510 limit you're fine.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
Please I need help about EVs training !!!

Im EVs training Litwik right now.. its level 29 and i gave him 10 calcium which means 100 EVs .. i fought by another Pokemon since Litwik was LV.1 .. I counted .. it reached 150 EVs .. by that he is like LV.27 I did let him fight with power lens .. I reached the 252 and his Special Attack didnt surpass the 80!! i didnt see any notable rises in his SP.ATK like 16 and 18 an so whatever .. what is could go wrong by that? please help its my first EVs training attempt! and sorry for the long question ..

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Im EVs training Litwik right now.. its level 29 and i gave him 10 calcium which means 100 EVs .. i fought by another Pokemon since Litwik was LV.1 .. I counted .. it reached 150 EVs .. by that he is like LV.27 I did let him fight with power lens .. I reached the 252 and his Special Attack didnt surpass the 80!! i didnt see any notable rises in his SP.ATK like 16 and 18 an so whatever .. what is could go wrong by that? please help its my first EVs training attempt! and sorry for the long question ..

Calm down...

Anyway, the changes in stats are seen as you EV train, instead of showing by leveling up. Also, it could be because your Litwick's Special Attack IV isn't that high.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2017
Hi, i just got a dialga at level 47 today from my friend. I already have 7 gym badges but dialga won't obey me. What's going on? Is this A glitch and how do i fix it?

Perriechu

Years
Sorry, I'm finished with the game's storyline, so I can go literally anywere in Pokemon Black.

Oh, well. Giant Chasm is a good place to go, it has Pokemon in their late 50's to early 60's. Just battle Pokemon like Audino there, with a lucky egg attached too you'll gain EXP easily. n__n

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back