• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Ash Dies..

Years
  • If Ash dies in the anime, what would you do? Would a new character replace him? Would Pikachu live any longer? I wouldn't because of depression, I mean, for heavens sakes, they have been together for what.., 16 seasons. xD Explain all of your thoughtful thoughts here!

Years
  • As the series has a different approach than the original world i-e Ash always 10-11 when he sets out on a new journey, I hardly believe he will die. When they think they earned enough they will just cover the story for good. But seeing the karo region come along, Ash has still many breaths left. :)

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    In Pokemon Canon, rarely anything dies, and of that, it usually isn't people. Ash could be caught on fire, shocked by Pikachu, and drown without having so much as one adverse physical or mental health effect.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Loool they dont make him win a league ever for sake of new and younger fans . thinking they would kill him makes do dam sense to me

Guest123_x1

If Ash were to die for good, then it would mark the official end of the anime series altogether-going along with my theory that it will end with the main characters falling seriously ill and dying - a la preparing a soap opera for cancellation.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    That's pretty unreasonable, since the Pokemon anime doesn't even like to acknowledge death. I guess.. for one it would be pretty sad. The anime would end. Everyone that knew him would never be the same. omg. Also, millions of parents would be angry that their kids had to watch the death of the Pokemon protag.

Years
  • I don't think the anime would work without Ash, he's been the protagonist for so many years I just can't see it working with anyone in his place.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2013
    With Ash being a never aging kid, I highly doubt this being an issue.

If I had my way, the Ash anime would come to an end and an animated version of Pokemon Adventure would follow. The manga IMO is superior in every way to the Canon, and I feel an anime with a much more story rich and much more.. compelling protagonists would make for brilliant viewing.

That being said, Pkmn will undoubtedly never go down that route. The show is meant for kids, hence Ash being 10 forever.

Back