• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi guys!

Years
  • Hi everyone! My name is Ryan and I have ben a pokemon lover since Gen 1. Yellow was my first GBC game and I can't wait to get to know many of you in forum and in battle on pokemon B&W/X&Y using friend codes.

Years
  • Heya heya Ryan! Welcome to PokeCommunity~

Being a Pokemon lover since gen 1 is quite a long time! Me too, I've loved it since I was 8/9 and am currently 22. Time sure flies, doesn't it? Yellow is awesome to start with and it was one of my favorite games. :D Pikachu following you around was just so darn cute. Hope I'm not the only one who wants a remake of that game aha... it would be amazing if one could be created during the sixth gen! Can do so much with Pikachu following you around with all our fancy newer technology. The follow feature should be left in all Pokemon games period though, it was so much fun in HeartGold in SoulSilver and made me super sad when the feature was taken away in later games. :(

If you're a battler, you should stop by the Battle Center board. But most of our members battle through Pokemon Showdown rather than Wi-Fi, but I'm sure you'll find people to battle using friend codes anyway. If I had Wi-Fi I'd love to battle you, so maybe whenever I do finally get it we can exchange friend codes and battle/trade! Would be super fun. Pretty excited to see what the sixth gen has in store as far as wireless communication is concerned though; I just can't miss out on that. Are you into any other parts of Pokemon besides the games? What's your favorite game?

Enjoy your stay on PC! :3 Glad to see you've been posting already so keep it up. Soon enough you'll evolve into a super experienced forum member.

Years
  • Time does fly by fast! I loved yellow except for the fact that pikachu was just so darn stubborn! I wish you could have ONE pokemon stay out of its pokeball in all games.
    What is pokemon showdown? I have only heard of friend codes (fcs) being used in DS games. I would love to battle you if you use it!

Years
  • Pokemon Showdown is a battling simulator where you can create a team and battle people online without Wi-Fi. :D It's very fun, definitely try it! You can check out the information on PC's Showdown server here (click). It doesn't require friend codes though, just a username and a team. Can do all sorts of battles there like randbats and so forth. Feel free to make a post in the thread I linked you to if you have questions about the Pokemon Showdown server! They'd love to help you there. A lot of PC members are on the server and it's often pretty talkative so it's also a nice way to meet people and make friends.

And yeah, one Pokemon sticking around with you would be amazing. >.< That's part of why I'm replaying HeartGold, actually!

Years
  • No problem! I'll just leave a message on your profile to help you out and we can get everything working through profiles since it's easier than in your intro thread. :D For now though, just have fun on the forum and message a staff if you need anything! You've posted in Questions & Feedback already too so you can always go there for forum-related help anytime.

Back