• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Gen 1 Team

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2013
So I am using this team for a little throwback tourney and i wanna know what you guys think. The team is mostly geared around trying to paralyze everything for the most part and use my dragonite and ninetails to clean everything up. Obviously gengar and eggy are good exploders and eggy also is a good sleeper lead for the most part though alot of people counter it with jynx.

Exeggutor
Explosion
Psychic: So it has some dmg move
Sleep Powder
Stun Spore

Gengar
Thunderbolt
Psychic: smogon suggested mega drain but psychic still does more dmg to say a golem than mega
Confuse Ray: good to parafuse if needed if theyre already paralyzed
Explosion

Snorlax (standard snorlax)
Body Slam
Blizzard
Earthquake
Rest

Starmie (now standard starmie)
Recover
Blizzard
Thunderbolt (i had surf instead for stab dmg, but it was a pain to counter other starmies)
Thunderwave

Dragonite (I try to hide him till late game but never get to really)
Wrap (to wrap like hell when theyre paralyzed)
Icebeam (finnish reg def pokemon off)
Thunderbolt (^just incase theyre resistant)
Hyperbeam (to finnish specially defensive pokemon off)

Ninetails (people say it sucks but its sentimental and seems to work great for me) LATE GAME USE
Confuse Ray: Parafuse again
Body Slam: attempt to finnish off specially defensive (a suprise for half hp chansey)
Fire Spin: i fire spin after parafusing since ninetails outspeeds alot, so they never get a move in
Fire Blast: strong finnish stab move that may also help a non ailed get burned to aid my low def

What i usually do for eggy is sleep first move and then they usually switch so i paralyze the second turn to like double ail them, then switch out and usualy dont switch back in till i explode, so i dont know if psychic is useless or not. Anyway id love some feedback :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This forum is actually for questions about the site itself, not for help with Pokemon games. I'm sure a higher staff member will come move this to where it belongs, but in the future, please know that threads like this belong in Battle Center's in-game team help subforum. Though, since this team is more for battling real people, I think it could go in the main Battle Center area.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yeah, I moved it for you to the main section. Maybe another staff member who feels it fits better in a subsection will move it again, but that's up to them!

Back