• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I have a legendary event with Mew (that I've posted here before) which works as intended except for a small detail: whenever I catch or defeat it and return to the game he's still there until a fadescreen happens at wich point he's removed from the map. Is there a way to make it gone as soon as I defeat/catch it like every other legendary?

Here's the script:

Spoiler:

Could anyone help? I've tried the suggestion made above, but it still didn't work.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Hm... This is interesting. Alright, so I'm using Pokemon Ruby. Upon scripting giving the player a Pokedex and a Charmander, the Pokedex doesn't work properly. It is completely blank and you can't move around in it. (like this: http://gyazo.com/674339abac7cd82e1ebdc06d09d5de17)

I know the cause is that the national Pokedex doesn't activate until you trade with FR/LG/E but I am here because I want to know if there is a way around this. Is there a code (special 0x?? or something) that can give the player the national Pokedex to begin with?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT:

Another question while I'm here.

Special 0x140
    showpokepic 0x4 0x0A 0x03
    msgbox @1 0x6

The script part above gives me this: http://gyazo.com/4ec99cca82aa95ec5fbdf43a3467ad95

Any way around that?

Last edited:

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • Hm... This is interesting. Alright, so I'm using Pokemon Ruby. Upon scripting giving the player a Pokedex and a Charmander, the Pokedex doesn't work properly. It is completely blank and you can't move around in it. (like this: http://gyazo.com/674339abac7cd82e1ebdc06d09d5de17)

I know the cause is that the national Pokedex doesn't activate until you trade with FR/LG/E but I am here because I want to know if there is a way around this. Is there a code (special 0x?? or something) that can give the player the national Pokedex to begin with?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT:

Special 0x140
    msgbox @1 0x6

The script part above gives me this: http://gyazo.com/4ec99cca82aa95ec5fbdf43a3467ad95

Any way around that?

1)Ummmm, it is a special in FR, so I would assume it is the same in Ruby. Why not look at the script in which he gives it to you? I think it is the one where he talks to you after you beat the elite four, not when you trade with FRLG. In FR it is special 0x16F. Give that a try, and if it doesn't work, try and find the script in Ruby.

2)Nobody knows what special 0x140 does, so why are you using it? That is probably the issue.
    Edit: Forgot you were on Ruby, we don't have a specials list for Ruby.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • 1)Ummmm, it is a special in FR, so I would assume it is the same in Ruby. Why not look at the script in which he gives it to you? I think it is the one where he talks to you after you beat the elite four, not when you trade with FRLG. In FR it is special 0x16F. Give that a try, and if it doesn't work, try and find the script in Ruby.

2)Nobody knows what special 0x140 does, so why are you using it? That is probably the issue.
    Edit: Forgot you were on Ruby, we don't have a specials list for Ruby.

1) That's the thing. There is no scene where he gives it too you. It auto-activates by trading with FR/LG/E. But, I'll give that special a try, thanks.

2) Actually, people on the Whack-a-hack forums found out that it sets the palette correctly for the Pokemon before it displays it with the showpokepic code. (Oh, wait, just saw your edit. Oops. >_>)

When I use that special, it corrects the palette, but places missing no. there infront of the Charmander. If I DON'T have that code, the palette is inverted and messes up a lot, so I have no idea what to do here.

(I COULD make missing no. transparent in UNZL, but I don't want to do that as it would ruin the Pokedex more.)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Hm... This is interesting. Alright, so I'm using Pokemon Ruby. Upon scripting giving the player a Pokedex and a Charmander, the Pokedex doesn't work properly. It is completely blank and you can't move around in it. (like this: http://gyazo.com/674339abac7cd82e1ebdc06d09d5de17)

Thank you in advance.

EDIT:

Special 0x140
    msgbox @1 0x6

Any way around that?

special 0x140 corrects the pallete before the box shows up?
    That's new to me, and I'm thankful for that info. :D
    I'm going to try that out soon.

Anyway, for your questions...
    Have this code (edit)beforeafter the flag of the PokeDex...
    Code:
    writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
    writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
    writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
    writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
    so you can have the National Dex.

As for your second question, maybe it's connected on the fact that you don't have the national dex yet? not entirely sure...

Last edited:

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • special 0x140 corrects the pallete before the box shows up?
    That's new to me, and I'm thankful for that info. :D

Well, yes, but it only seemed to work for one person correctly. The others had to making missing no. transparent in UNZL like I might end up doing. >_>

Thanks for the Pokedex codes!

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    I'm playing round with some scripting in FR.

I've made a script where two people talk, and then walk off.
    Using var 0x4011 the script never starts again, but how do I make it so the people never appear again?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Setflag 0x(person ID number [You find this in AM 1.92/1.95])

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    Hey im new in the community and the concept of pokemon hacking but what i want to know is this. I downloaded pocket script and PkmnADV and installed them. Its was all done correctly with no problems i wrote down my script and saved it as an .rbc file. When i right-click the file it does not show me the "compile script" option.

I have reinstalled the programs, i have rewritten the script, I have resaved the file as a .rbc but no luck. Can anyone please tell me what im missing?

All answers are appreciated!

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Use xse since pokecript is dumb and old. Xse is bug free I think.

MindMementoX

Rival
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2020
    Okay. Sorry, I didn't find if anyone had this problem because there's like, 340 pages and I can't go through all of them :/ Anyways, here's my 2 problems. or 3. How much I come up with this single post. :D Happy reading! EEEEEDIT! The guy with the ampharos pic solved my stuff. Thanks alot :D 1 question out of the way. Edit numero dos. So I got XSE and I tried making stuff with it like for starters, a green script box event. :< Though it didn't work out.

Script Editor: eXtreme Script Editor
    ROM: FireRed

Okay so I changed this post. I got XSE and I'm trying to make a person walk up to the player, talk, give, blah blah BLAH, but for some reason it always freezes the game. Could anybody help?

Spoiler:

So YAAAHH. How do I make these work? Also, if somebody could, PLEEAASEE, how do I keep the person disappeared after the script is over and after a person moves, how does he stay on that spot and not appear on the original spot if he goes off-screen! This is driving me CRAAZYYYY-- no not really. I'll be waiting for your response. Dhank u.

I may be an early scripter but atleast I'm trying. Now could somebody PLEASE help D: Oh btw, @Karatekid552, thanks, it helped me alot on the sprite thingy :D 85 points out of 100.

-Memento

EDIT: Allright, THEERE we go! You go advanced and do that blue ABC button. Probably. :D GO ME! *epic overload* *explodes*

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hi again guys. After screwing up the first rom I tried to hack I've started fresh and used JPAN's Clearing Patch on a FR rom just to give me more space in my rom data. Unfortunately I forgot to think about things like pokecentres and PCs. I MIGHT be able to work out a pokemon centre script by myself, but does anyone know what sort of script I would use for the PC?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • Hi again guys. After screwing up the first rom I tried to hack I've started fresh and used JPAN's Clearing Patch on a FR rom just to give me more space in my rom data. Unfortunately I forgot to think about things like pokecentres and PCs. I MIGHT be able to work out a pokemon centre script by myself, but does anyone know what sort of script I would use for the PC?

The PCs script is not deleted.... And the PokeCenter script, why not just recompile it into your rom from a clean one?

Actually, wait, don't do that. First, go to the offsets that the script uses in a hex editor and make sure they are all full of FFs. If they aren't, come back. If they are, just recompile it.

Also, the header scripts you will have to rewrite, since JPAN rewrote how the sethealingplace command works.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Checkgender command.
    Returns 0x0 for boy, 0x1 for girl.

Checkgender
    compare LASTRESULT 0x0
    if 0x1 goto @BOY
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @GIRL

I think you understand now

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    I tried putting that in, but it didn't work... Does that work with pksv or is it written differently?

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2013
    Hi, I'm creating a hack in Leaf Green and I'm having a spot of bother trying to script in cutting a tree down. I'm not sure if I was supposed to, but I copied the cut script from a different tree in the game and compiled it. I filled in the information exactly as it is on the other cutting tree.
    However, even after saving, when I go to move on to a different map, it comes up with a message asking me to save but when I click save it doesn't actually work.
    I hope you can understand the message which I'm trying to convey, since I am a total noob at this. I also apologize if this has been answered before, I did have a search.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back