• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: I need help updating the YouTube code to get it to work

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
    #1 I don't know how the new code you use for YouTube videos on profiles work...

#2... I cannot remember the URL of my current notworking video and would need help locating it on the site somewhere because I don't even remember how that works...

any help would be appreciated

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Hey there Justin,

If you go to Edit Your Details and go to "Youtube URL", you will see an empty box where you simply need to directly copy and paste the link of your video into. Yep, the whole link! Then click Save Changes, and BAM your video is up and able to be viewed by the community when they visit your profile!

It's much easier now I've got to say; I always found it rather fiddly to have to find that bit of the URL specifically needed to embed a video onto my profile.

Unfortunately in regards to your second request, I'm afraid I can't offer any help. Perhaps another who replies may be able to help, who knows! However, if you have any other simple questions, feel absolutely free to send me a VM or PM, I would love to lend you a hand.

See you around! c:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Here you go, Justin.

G6KkHLaKOOE

EDIT because of Curious: Hm, really? I put the end of the embed code and it seems to work xD Hang on, I'll test the whole url as well.
    EDIT2: okay cool, seems like both work.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    You may want to edit this section of your profile:

YouTube URL
    Paste the link to the YouTube video you want to embed here. e.g. https://youtu.be/8RZqPq1-1Tw

Just copy & paste the whole link you want, simple!

And below:
    YouTube Video Title
    Put your YouTube Video Title here.

Is where you do the title stuff. This can be found in the edit options of your profile.

As for the video you lost, why not search it up in YouTube instead? That way you'll get the link faster.

EDIT because of RHCP and Curious. : basically they explained it better *hides*

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Here you go, Justin.

G6KkHLaKOOE

What to put in "Edit Your Details" is the end of the embed code of the video you want to use. So from https://youtu.be/G6KkHLaKOOE, it's what I wrote above.

EDIT because of Curious: Hm, really? I put the end of the embed code and it seems to work xD Hang on, I'll test the whole url as well.

I just right clicked any video and copied the video's location and directly pasted it into the text box. The forums automatically grabbed the snippet it needed without me having to fiddle with trying to copy that little bit of the video's code.

I'm not a hundred percent sure if it will work for you, but it certainly did for me! c:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    that didn't work!!!! still no working!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure you followed all the advice accurately? You may have missed something by mistake. If not (and most likely so), I'm not too sure why it doesn't seem to want to work for you. Perhaps try doing the same on a different browser? Or clear your cache! It may not be guaranteed to work, but it's worth a try.

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
    Are you sure you followed all the advice accurately? You may have missed something by mistake. If not (and most likely so), I'm not too sure why it doesn't seem to want to work for you. Perhaps try doing the same on a different browser? Or clear your cache! It may not be guaranteed to work, but it's worth a try.

I pasted https://youtu.be/G6KkHLaKOOE into the box and NOT WORKING!!!

Back