• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

School Sucks.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
    School would be fun for me if...
    ...I could get there easier (as of now I need like a bit more than one hour to go there)
    ...the matters we learn would actually be interesting and useful (instead of a million ways to use the pythagorean theorem we should get taught what taxes are and what you do with them)
    ...we'd get less long-term homework (i.e. preparing huge presentations/projects and such)
    ...we'd do more excursions to historically relevant places (our area has a lot of things that would be worth visiting)
    ...our teachers were nicer to us (seriously, well, actually only our maths and french teacher are sometimes insanely mean to us and the stuff they tell us to do is almost always extremely difficult and hard)

of course that's just my personal opinion

Years
    I mostly like my school but there are some problems I have. The principle doesn't take into account anything students want, even if it's something simple. A lot of my teachers don't seem to understand that there are other classes that exist, and so I get a hell of a lot of work in conjunction with my other classes. And waking up at 6 a.m. sucks, as well as the fact as the building is literally falling apart and chock full of asbestos, old technology, bad school lunches.

Besides those things I usually like school, and have always liked it pretty much. Except for middle school (6th - 8th grade) where everyone became cliquey, b***y and focused on being "in." In highschool though I feel like I see very little of that now, so I'm enjoying it a lot more.

Years
    I despised grade school, especially because of the fact that I wasn't a social person in elementary and middle school, and everyone else around me in high school was immature.

However, I enjoy being in college. Everyone is mature, and there's a lot more diversity when it comes to the student body as well.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    No, I despise high school. I take 3 AP classes (Chem, Bio, English), and they're all too easy. Even Calculus was too easy. Really only like 1 of my 3 principals, most of the teachers are alright. What I hate the most is waking up at 7 in the morning just to be bored and not challenged all day. Would rather study at the library for two hours; don't even wanna go to college but parents are making me

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Elementary school was interesting cause I went to 4 schools from kindergarten to 8th grade.(in Catholic schools,primary school goes to 8th grade.) It was good up to at least 4th grade cause this is when I started becoming more of a troublemaker. I misbehaved in class and was very disruptive. I threw temper- tantrum at least once a week and had to sit outside the classroom at least once a day. It was worse in 5th grade and then become less and less of a thing until after freshman year when I realized that throwing big fits at 16 when you don't get your way is not mature at all. I was also late almost everyday to the point where I almost failed 7th grade cause of it. I was bullied in 8th grade along with having fits and being late practically everyday. I still had a decent amount of friends. My 4th grade teacher was so boring and constantly lectured us. He lectured about how we were all gonna go through puberty soon and how tough middle school was going to be for us mostly. Unfortunately the 5th grade teacher there left at the end of 4th grade and he took her place so we had to put up with his lectures for another year. I hated him and he's my least favorite teacher I've had to date.

High school was still the same. Being late and everyday and missing assignments all the time. At least I had some nice teachers in both of the high schools I went to. Though I didn't have much friends at my second high school. Since my first high school was connected to the last grade school I went to and was down the street from it, a lot of people from my 8th grade class went there and so I knew almost everyone there and making friends wasn't hard. But at my other school things were different. When my first school closed, almost everyone went to this one high school. Only about 3 or 4 people from my class went over and like 7 people from my old school in total. So there wasn't really anyone I talked too. Plus everyone there wasn't my type at all and some of the most annoying and immature people. Plus since it was an all guys school, there were a lot of people of the "jock" stereotype. I'm not really into sports and more of the geek/nerd type of guy so in school full of jocks, I didn't fit in. While most of my teachers weren't bad,there was two I couldn't stand. Both of them were the dean of students so they were just really strict when it came to enforcing the rules of the school and if you broke one small rule in their class, they were on you about it right away. All of the above made me hate going there. So much that I missed a ton of school days cause I just didn't feel like going. I failed one class cause of that reason and had to do a year course to make up for it in order to get my diploma.

I just started college a few weeks ago and so far it's not bad. My classes are easy for the most part and my professors are good. I've been trying to be on time more and do all my school work on time and so far I've done a good enough job on doing that. So far only have been late for one class to the best of my knowledge. This week I've been 5-10 minutes early to most of them. I like it more than high school and elementary school so far. I haven't really made friends yet, though most people in my seem better than people in my high school. I did meet one guy who likes Pokemon and was actually playing Pokemon X in the seat right across from me one day during lunch. He noticed my 3DS, introduced himself and I told him I had Y in my 3DS and we seemed to get along well. So maybe he and I will become good friends. :) I really hope to make more friends while there than I did in high school.

TL;DR I talk about too much. My elementary school was good until 5th grade. High started started decent and then ended horribly. I pretty much regret the last 3 years of high school. If I focused in school , I would of graduated with my class and not be just now starting college at 21. College is looking bright though and I'm liking it so far. I salute you if you read all of that lol.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
    Means you study at home and not go to school?

Yes, I had a heap of books and such covering various subjects which I, and my family, went through. That's what I did up until the end of 2012.

Now I'm studying offical courses at a tertiary education centre thing (music performance courses), and, since I absolutely adore playing music and performing, I love it! Even though I do get bored with these courses sometimes, because I'm a classical musician and these courses play contemporary rock, and things like that, but I'll be heading off to uni next year (I hope) to do a bachelor in classical music, which I'm really very looking forward to.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
    Yes, I had a heap of books and such covering various subjects which I, and my family, went through. That's what I did up until the end of 2012.

Now I'm studying offical courses at a tertiary education centre thing (music performance courses), and, since I absolutely adore playing music and performing, I love it! Even though I do get bored with these courses sometimes, because I'm a classical musician and these courses play contemporary rock, and things like that, but I'll be heading off to uni next year (I hope) to do a bachelor in classical music, which I'm really very looking forward to.

You wanna be a Rockstar? I wanna be an opening batsman!

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
    I didn't really like school at all but college is much worse. The last two years that I have been at college have been the worse years of my life. Well, it is not the college itself, it is the students, they are just horrid people. I can't wait to leave, I am hoping that university life will be better for me.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
    Years
    My school isn't that bad. The teachers are pretty reasonable, (at least mine are) the other sudents are, for the most part, friendly, and the workload is pretty manageable. At the end of the day, I should be pretty thankful I attend to the school I go to, considering there are worse schools out there.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I hated high school, I didn't fit in with anyone and a lot of my teachers were not very interested in their subject matter. It was like being a plucked goose, I felt so out of place. College is better but anything that involves "group" and I shudder. At least my current job, group isn't something that makes me want to moan, lol! Most of my classes are alright. You have a few good teachers, you have a few bad. That's how things roll usually anyhow. I have two teachers that I'm not particularly fond of right now though >.>

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    That's actually pretty lenient. And it should definitely be enforced. Why the hell should you be allowed to pass if you haven't been their for a fourth of the time?
    Ummm, if you actually know the content and pass all your assessments and exams, lol.

I'm in my lst year of highschool before I go to uni and I've got to say that I've loved it. Year 7-9 were some of the best times I've had; the fun I had was enormous. I made so many memories that I still laugh about 'till this day. The work was pretty easy as well so I aced all my tests and whatnot. Now that I'm in my senior year the work has definitely gotten harder; especially the maths. Other than that though, the rest of my subjects (Bio, Chem, Physics, English and Health & Human Development) are pretty easy. 8)

Overall, I've enjoyed high school. Of course, I've had my ups and downs, but that's like anything in life. :)

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
    That's actually pretty lenient. And it should definitely be enforced. Why the hell should you be allowed to pass if you haven't been their for a fourth of the time?

Depends on the subject. If you're learning a language I think that attendance is really important because it allows for practical... practice, lol. If you're doing something like political science for example where you can just read the book and have knowledge of how it works, it really shouldn't matter if you're there for class or not.

1zanag1

Every trainer has a choice...
    Years
    School has prolly been the best years of my life. I felt it sucked too, but trust me when I say this, when you graduate and start working, you'll be missing your school life the most.

But it is sad that your administration is crappy.... Hope your college life will be awesome ^_^

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
    I hated high school. Bullying was very widespread in the school, and cliques were omnipresent. Pretty much every one of my friends has been bullied at some point. I got into physical fights with a number of male students and almost got into a physical fight with some snotty Perrie Edwards lookalike. There was a good deal of racism at my school. My behaviour wasn't exactly good - I threw tantrums quite often, (Still, it was nothing compared to what my friend Ashley has been through. He said he's never setting foot in that high school again.)

As for the cliques...there were preppy kids, and almost all of them were nasty. The rugby players were bad too. I only met two nice players my whole time there. The literature club was a bunch of snobs who hated everyone who didn't like fantasy novels. The anime club was a weeaboo paradise. I'm glad I was in no clubs.

I'm trying to get a part-time job - I refuse to go to college at the moment.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2014
    My school is brutal as well. The teachers are very disrespectful and seem to have no desire in making their students succeed. It's a real shame. And the students at my school are a different breed of human, so rude and idiotic.

Back