• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Trading Pains

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, I definitely have to agree with you on that. First you'd have to use PokéTransfer and spend some time re-capturing your Pokémon, then go through all the PokéBank process--not easy. I didn't have to do this, since all my valuable Pokémon were already in Black 2. For those who did, though, I could feel the frustration for them. ^^"

Years
  • I've thought about working on some previous games, to transfer Pokemon over...but it does sound like too much of a pain. I'm going back and forth on if I'd rather search for a lot of trades, or spend hours catching and transferring. xD

General Tso

The High Counselor
    Years
  • It wouldn't be worth it if it wasn't archeus, darkrai, manaphy and a couple other beastlies. I just have to find my copy of black, which I cant. They won't xfer to black 2.

General Tso

The High Counselor
    Years
  • Still on the hunt for my copy of black. In the mean time I started a new save, I am bored with no story. Thank you poke bank!

Years
  • The only stuff i've really transferred from the DS era games to my X version are a few things with HAs, stuff in Apricorn balls, and a couple stuff with Move Tutor moves (i.e. Earth Power on Zweilous). I do have a lot of stuff from my White 2 I can transfer, but since they have to be in box 1 if i'm not mistaken I don't feel like sorting that out yet. I was playing White 2 earlier today, but didn't get around to organizing stuff I want to transfer.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    4th gen to 5th gen transfering is a real pain; having to play that stupid minigame :/

General Tso

The High Counselor
    Years
  • Cleaning through the garage soon. Moving makes things disappear. Going to have to re register everyone on my new save later also.

General Tso

The High Counselor
    Years
  • No idea I didn't play any of the r/g/s/g remakes. All but those 4. Need help with pokemon yellow I'm your man! XD

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
  • To get pokemon from HG and SS you will need to first transfer to B2 or W2. Then transfer to X or Y.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I am planing on bringing my important pokemon from my gba games to x-y, thats gonna be a pain. I still need to beat one of the 4th gen games to do so as well... it should be interesting looking through all the generations :)

3rdgen->4thgen->5thgen->6thgen

overdid

queen
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Trading from X to Y, or Y to X is also a pain.
    It takes long, and can be dangerous too!

General Tso

The High Counselor
    Years
  • The only pokemon from gba I have is a shiny rayquaza. Pain in the ass resetting 15 million times to get that one.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • For some stupid reason, I decided to transfer nearly every single pokemon I ever caught in Diamond, Soulsilver, White, and Black 2 to X. I won't approximate how many pokemon that was, but it took days to do it all.

And it's even more time-consuming when you have to teach Defog/Stealth Rock (4th gen TMs) or move tutors to things before transfering. Because you have to really look into it to make sure you're not making a mistake before you transfer them over and it's too late.

Back