• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Steel Monotype - Y

So I tried to take a stab at the E4 but it didn't turn out too well. I knew I was gonna have major issues against Malva since she has fire types but I didn't expect to beat her anyway until I was in my 80s. No, the guy with the water types is the one who crushed me in my first shot. The other two were... well, not EASY, but they were definitely doable. This means back to training for me. And speaking of training... I encountered a shiny Haunter and my 'mon did a critical hit (sob). 2 days later, I find a shiny Gligar... and caught it. Now I have TWO! (What am I gonna do with 2 crappy shiny Gligar? Couldn't even get rid of the first one.)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
The Ultimate Normal Monotype Challenge: White Version
Complete!

I decided to skip an update in favor of rushing to the end. First, I caught myself a Bouffalant, because yes. I would up being over leveled in the Opelucid city gym, but still somewhat outclassed. I beat Iris on the first try, but Haxorus was certainly a pain.

After that, I moved on to Victory road, but not before stomping Cheren into the dirt. On Victory Road I found myself way outclassed by the other trainers, even though they were roughly the same level as me. My Normal types simply weren't strong enough. But I scraped by and eventually made it to the Pokemon League.

The majority of the Elite Four were harder than I anticipated, with Marshall being a surprisingly easy fight. N took me 2 tries. His Zoroark took me by surprise the first battle and wrecked me with Focus Blast while disguised as Klinklang which you can imagine was extremely confusing. Archeops was a problem but the second time I managed to Intimidate him to death.

Ghetsis was hard as hell! I couldn't even beat Hydreigon my first try. It took a lot of medicine management and Intimidates to beat Ghetsis in my second try, but I did it! This challenge is complete now. I'll be starting some new ones later, right now I have an Event Challenge to stomp.

Team:
Spoiler:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Steel Monotype - Y

The beginning of the game felt long and boring and dragged on too long but once I managed to reach the second gym (takes forever), the game sped up dramatically and I wasn't really bored anymore. The game is finally done and over with. Managed to defeat the water E4 more easily than the last time. Malva was still annoying but with enough healing, I finally downed her evil, evil fire types. Diantha was a non-issue. Fairy vs Steel? Meeeeeeeh. And let's just ignore AZ altogether, shall we? I got to listen to Kiseki and tried to match the lyrics again so that makes me happy. :3

Time completed: 26:02

Final team:
Spoiler:

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
Hey, here to post a few updates on some of my ultimate challenges!

Type: Fire
Game: Y
Badges: 4

OK, so this hasn't exactly been a speedy challenge so far, I've spent a fair amount of time soft resetting for decent natures. But here I am now, in Coumarine City, having just caught the sixth and final member of my team, Slugma - and I'm gonna stay a while and grind Slugma up to pace with her five other teammates.

Current team:
Spoiler:

Type: Grass
Game: White
Badges: 8
Challenge complete!

I actually finished this a while back, and I have to admit, I've been leveling a bit since then. But yeah, I beat N and Ghetsis at Team Plasma's castle - and what a battle! ♥♥♥♥, Reshiram almost took out my entire team, but by the time I sent out Leavanny as my last Pokémon, he had run out of PP for Blue Flare (I think that's what that move is called), which gave me enough time and momentum to revive (just in case) and set up an epic sweep with Leavanny. I lost to Ghetsis the first time round, but I came back, and I came back for blood. Got the chance to set up with Lilligant, and then I swept his entire team with Petal Dance. Damn, that girl can dance! Anyway, this was a fun challenge, but I definitely prefer the sequels to B/W. Oh, and this will be the last time I do nicknames for a long time.

Here's my final team:
Spoiler:

Type: Flying
Game: Black 2
Badges: 3

This'll be my first update on this part of my Flying UMC, I just started it a while back. Not much to say so far, I made it to Castelia City with only Pidove, caught myself a Zubat, beat the third gym, leveled a bit and here I am.

Current team:
Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Adding some more challenges to my list.

Forum User Name: [Supporter]Sage Ghetsis[/Supporter]
Pokémon Type: Poison
Challenge Type: Ultimate
Game(s):Red, rest I'll pick later

Forum User Name: [Supporter]Sage Ghetsis[/Supporter]
Pokémon Type: Dark
Challenge Type: Ultimate
Game(s): Diamond, rest I'll pick later

Already started Red, will start Diamond when I'm done stomping Challeggs.

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Just a small update, sorry no screenshots or videos this time. I finished SoulSilver for my ultimate Ghost challenge a little while ago and forgot to update.

Final Team:
Spoiler:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
I spent like half an hour lost inside Mt. Coronet... again. I hate that place. Anyhoo, Jynx was obedient ALL THE TIME now and I had like, no problems with it anymore. The funny thing is, I caught Abomasnow expecting to use it eventually and well, nope. It was sitting in my party the entire time going lalalala getting experience cuz holding exp share and I'm never going into battle EVER! Useless bum. Anyhoo, beat the E4 though the fire trainer nearly squashed me. Cynthia nearly did too with that stupid Lucario. /shudder

Time Completed: 18:49

Final Team:
Spoiler:

MadKing

The only verdict is Vengeance.
Years
Hi, I don't know if this is possible but can I sign up in two games at the same time but with different types in each one?

Name: MadKing
Pokémon Type: Psychic
Challenge Type: Single
Game: Black 2
Previous Progress: No
---
Name: MadKing
Pokémon Type: Poison
Challenge Type: Singles
Game: White 2

If I can only sign up for 1, so disregard the Poison-type.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Hi, I don't know if this is possible but can I sign up in two games at the same time but with different types in each one?
Yes you may! The more the merrier, right? There's no limit to how many you can sign up for, just look at me or Griffy's list, lol!

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
I guess I'll go ahead and establish that I'm doing the Y Poison monotype that I said I was doing yesterday on the IRC channel lol

Username: Feraligatr13
Game: SoulSilver, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos (Y)
Type: Poison

Haven't made much progress at all on SoulSilver, too busy being psyched that my 3DS is back to stay!

MadKing

Years
Okay, let the updates begin.

#1 UPDATE - Pokémon Black2
Spoiler:

#1 UPDATE - Pokémon White2
Spoiler:

Last edited:

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Just a quick question--Could I possibly sign up for all of these types? They would be separate of course but what I mean is do I have to complete one type before I do another and do I need to post multiple sign ups or can I just write "All Types" in the type section?

and If someone doesn't have X or Y, could they still do the ultimate challenge for all of the other regions and still be credited as "Ultimate Challenger"? Thanks!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Just a quick question--Could I possibly sign up for all of these types? They would be separate of course but what I mean is do I have to complete one type before I do another and do I need to post multiple sign ups or can I just write "All Types" in the type section?

and If someone doesn't have X or Y, could they still do the ultimate challenge for all of the other regions and still be credited as "Ultimate Challenger"? Thanks!
You are more than free to sign up for multiple types at a time, but I'd prefer you only sign up for what you will be playing right away, instead of say, signing up for all types but putting all but 1-2 on hold while you work on those types.

You're free to do ultimate all the way through 5th gen, but I can't mark them as complete until you finish gen 6. Sorry, comes with the changing times.

~Justified~

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
You are more than free to sign up for multiple types at a time, but I'd prefer you only sign up for what you will be playing right away, instead of say, signing up for all types but putting all but 1-2 on hold while you work on those types.

You're free to do ultimate all the way through 5th gen, but I can't mark them as complete until you finish gen 6. Sorry, comes with the changing times.

Ok I'll sign up for single challenges until I can get X/Y then, one more question though: will my progress from the single challenge carry over into an ultimate challenge? For example, if I completed a single Poison monotype challenge in Pokemon Black, would I have to restart if I wanted to do an ultimate challenge of the same type? or would the progress from Black count for the ultimate challenge as well?

Thanks again, sorry for all the questions ^_^

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Ok I'll sign up for single challenges until I can get X/Y then, one more question though: will my progress from the single challenge carry over into an ultimate challenge? For example, if I completed a single Poison monotype challenge in Pokemon Black, would I have to restart if I wanted to do an ultimate challenge of the same type? or would the progress from Black count for the ultimate challenge as well?

Thanks again, sorry for all the questions ^_^
All single progress can be moved to Ultimate at any time.

~Justified~

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Forum User Name: ShadowGreninja
Pokémon Type: Psychic
Challenge Type: Single (For Now)
Game(s): Black 2

MadKing

Years
A lot of things going on.

# 2 UPDATE - Pokémon Black 2
Spoiler:

#3 UPDATE - Pokémon Black 2
Spoiler:

#2 UPDATE - Pokémon White2
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Hey go, since I'm looking for some new experience I will sign up here in this nice challenge :)

Forum User name: .Rax
Pokémon Type: Water
Challenge Type:Ultimate
Games: B -> C -> E -> Pt -> W -> X

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
*UPDATE*

Soul Silver - Flying

-started adventure with grass starter
-met rival and named him Mr.noms (i think i was hungry)
-caught a pidgey, named it pig
-waited till night, then caught a hoothoot and named it hooty
-did all that boring egg stuff
-got to first town, deposited grass starter and went to bell tower to grind
-lost badly against falkner so i grinded a bit more on weedle
-finally beat him with hoothoot's hypnosis and peck
-went through that cave to the well
-beat team rocket and talked to kirt
-challenged bugsy and lost, and lost, and lost...
-finally got lucky and won
-got through ilex forest and made it to goldenrod
-saved

Team:

Hooty (now a noctowl) 20
Pig (now a pidgeotto) 18
Bill (slave rattata) 6
Time (togepi) 1

2/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back