• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kirby Air Ride Series

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    Kirby Air Ride Series

Kirby Air Ride was a game that was based off of you going around on a Warpstar or the other vehicles to do the story. However, there was also a Free-play, multi-player one where you collected the items such as Top Speed, Glide, Offense, Etc. to get your Vehicle better to compete in a mini-game at the end.

Has anyone else played this game? Any Stories?

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
    Years
    I've played the one for the Gamecube and loved the heck outta that.

I actually had no idea there was a sequel. o.o

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    I've played the one for the Gamecube and loved the heck outta that.

I actually had no idea there was a sequel. o.o

That's what I'm saying! I didn't find out until now when I was googling Kirby Air Ride and "Kirby Air Ride 2" came up as well.

Oh, nevermind, Fan Made covers. However, apparently Nintendo confirmed 2.

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
    Years
    That's what I'm saying! I didn't find out until now when I was googling Kirby Air Ride and "Kirby Air Ride 2" came up as well.

Oh, nevermind, Fan Made covers. However, apparently Nintendo confirmed 2.

Whoa. I'll probably get it if it's not for Wii U.

Also, I think the Air Ride you're referring to is the one with 3 main games, City Trial, and 2 others that I forgot the name of.

Nillemi

Under my Rock
    Years
    Asside from Super Smash Bros, This is my Friend group's favorite party game.
    Nothin but city trial is ever really played and it can keep us distracted for a loooong time.

Dango

Que Sera, Sera
    Years
    Love this game! Used to rent it out a lot when I was younger...currently on a mission to own it, but it's been difficult seeing as how Amazon normally lists it at ~$100 and most gaming stores don't sell Gamecube anything these days. :/

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    One of my first games for the GameCube, alongside Super Mario Sunshine. I love this game. I'd go as far to say it's my favorite racing game. Yes. Ahead of Mario Kart and ahead of Jak X.

The vehicles are fun and unique. I spent countless hours trying to unlock them. The Air Ride race courses are beautiful and the music is spectacular as well. I really felt like I was there in the scenery when I would play as a kid. I never cared for Top Ride though. And City Trial is hella fun. I never got to play with other people, but my friend let me borrow his extra controller so that I could unlock the pieces of Hydra and Dragoon for Free Trial, since those required another player to unlock.

One complaint I have is unlocking things, though. Some stars are really hard to unlock, or just features in general. One I always worked on was not touching the sides in Machine Passage. Ever played that one? It's hard to not touch the sides with the sharp turns later in the course.

Overall, it's a great racing game. If you like tripping up your enemies though (at least in the main races), it's not really the game for you. If you're into scenery, music, and working towards unlockables, it's right up your alley.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'd go as far to say it's my favorite racing game. Yes. Ahead of Mario Kart and ahead of Jak X.
    You need to play F-Zero GX on the same system if you can. Bloooooooows this game out of the water.

I actually never found this game to be a particularly good racer. Make no mistake, I'm not saying it's bad, far from it, I'm saying the core racing leaves much to be desired. On the other hand it makes up with everything else and the huuuge amount of content there is which is what you'd expect from a Sakurai game.

Lots of memories with this game, even if pretty much 90% of it is from city trial, But if I had to choose between this or F-Zero GX, I'll pick GX any day

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    Omg, I played the crap out of the Gamecube one. I haven't completed all the blocks yet but I've done like 75% of them and even completed one whole panel :P

I even used to RP with my friends while we played the Free-Roam game mode :P
    It was fun^^

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    Figures the Checker Knights song would come up on my playlist when I find this thread! XD

This game... I remember it. It was fun... and now I'm in the mood to play it again!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Definitely my favorite racing game, and arguably my favorite gamecube game. I had about 80% completed before I let my friend borrow it and then never saw it again.

Back