• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is.. "Fun"?

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
    Years
    I love playing ROM hacks of Sonic games and seeing what they're like. I have a whole page on my Wii with Sonic games, most hacks (I modded my Wii)

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    I'd say immersive gameplay goes hand in hand with what I'd class as a fun game. I love games where I actually like I'm the protagonist. Classic example of this is Skyrim for me, I can get lost for hours simply exploring and trying on different pieces of armour for my character.

Aside from that I do agree with everyone else; challenge is crucial for a game to be fun. The satisfaction of beating a boss you spent ages preparing for is just the best.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    My fun is grinding. I'm fond of the development of my party going from weak mortals to near-invincible gods.

I also enjoy the thrill of a challenge. When you're going against something difficulty, that's when it can started to get real heated and fun. Part of the reason why I actually play fighting games.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Fun is beating something so hard that it pisses you off to the point when you almost blow your brains out. The last part of that sentence was not literal. I also enjoy creating my own characters and customising my team and such.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    It mostly depends on the game, but in general a challenge is fun. Hard games, or just games with hard bosses at least, are the best.
    In some games I enjoy grinding, and in others I find it frustrating and boring. If the characters aren't likeable then I'll get bored grinding, and I've never been able to finish FFX because of that.

Adrenaline is also fun. Survival horror games are my favorites -- but only when the atmosphere and the difficulty are just right. It's got to be fairly challenging and keep you on the edge of your seat for me to enjoy it, or else it's just another adventure game, usually with subpar puzzles, to me like Shattered Memories.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The most fun I have in games is untimed puzzle-solving that isn't tedious to get from step-to-step (like running around the temples in FFX). I'm easily stressed out when it comes to something being on a deadline, even if I know I'll never waste enough time to hit the end of that deadline, and puzzle solving is incredibly satisfying to me.

That's not the only way I have fun, but that's probably how I have the most fun, and why I can get so much enjoyment out of casual flash games - easy to put that into one.

Salamence62

you're gonna hear me rawr :3
    Years
    i really love just dashing out at foes with a quick, swift weapon and then wiping out a whole clan or something with a special move or something. Cx

or maybe slowly exploring a world where things are uncertain and where you have to use tactics and have a plan for every step! :3

love that, hehe.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
    Fun is grinding.
    Fun is struggling.
    Fun is a game that pushes you to the edge of insanity, but then gives you a little leeway without having to switch to another game because you're getting so angrivated that you're about to get out of your chair and bash your control into the tv screen until it's just a pile of glass and plastic.
    Spoiler:

But really, fun is hitting a wall you feel like you can't pass. Fun is beating against that wall with everything you have--and sometimes that means beating your head into the wall. Fun is seeing that wall crack. Fun is knocking that wall down with your now-hard-as-iron head.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    fun for me is working hard to get incredibly OP to the extent that you can just stare at something and it'll piss itself in fear or just explode on the spot. This is why I love games like League of Legends so much - you constantly get chances to snowball ahead of people and when you do the rewards are incredible; the feeling of dominating a match when you've done your best to earn it is a great feeling, even if it is just for twenty minutes until the game ends.

Back