• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi, everyone

Years
    Well, hi there people. As you can probably tell, I'm the ShiningKami, or just Kami if you prefer, and I've been a massive Pokémon fan for... nearly fifteen years now, I think? My first Pokémon game was Yellow, and I've played every generation since then, with Gold holding a special place in my heart.

Anyway, I'm into many aspects of the games: trading, competitive battling (although I seem to keep losing) and right now, breeding. More specifically, breeding Absol, one of my favourite Pokémon. Recently I've got into playing some Pokémon ROM hacks, which should keep me busy until Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire come out.

Uh, that's all I've got. Move along, move along, nothing to see here... ^_^

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Cool! I started off with Pokemon Yellow too! Those were wonderful tiiiiimes, Pikachu used to hate me and now it didn't hate me as much but then it kept fainting so it hated me again, but then, the hearts rolled in! It was massively cool! Ah, but yes, who could forget pokemon gold! I used to spent hours training my Typhlosion, it was level 40 by the 4th gym, which was pretty awesome but my pokemon needed more love, baw. It's awesome to meet another long-time pokemon fan! Welcome to the forums, sweetheart! <33

Trading and competitive battling, you can do all of that here! You can trade with others over on the trading corner, and if you want to discuss competitive battling, you can head on over to the Battling and Team help section! Pleeenty of good stuff stuff! Also hooray for Absol! Quite a magnificent dark pokemon no? With it's TERROR CLAWS and it's disasteeers, but deep down, it's a soft-hearted one! Very adorballle.~

Ah, I can't wait for ORAS too! It's coming out 2 days before my birthday, so, double hype, hehe. Anywho, thanks for coming! You seem like a really friendly cat, so, I hope we can chat some more sometime! Nice meeting you, and I wish you a magnificent stay on our forums! If you have any trouble, just contact one of the staff members, and we'll help you out! <33

Years
    There've been an influx of Absol fans popping in lately - it's wonderful. As a huge Absol fan myself I very much approve of your love for her. Can't wait to train one (and hopefully mega evolve it) when OR/AS come around. Welcome welcome, Kami. ♥

Ah man it's been about 15 years for me too haha. Thinking of that is really surprising given how that's over half of my life. Pokemon has grown so much since then and that's part of why experiencing a Pokemon community like this one's a good choice.. so much to discuss and speculate on future games.

Enjoy your time playing our hacks and be sure to give feedback if you've any. :) Our hackers love getting comments from anyone who plays their games. Have a splendid time explorin'!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Are you breeding Absol to look for a shiny, or get good IVs, or just because you like Absol? Gold is a pretty popular game here; I think most people think the remakes are amazing as well. :) What do you like to do outside of Pokemon?

Years
    Ah, but yes, who could forget pokemon gold! I used to spent hours training my Typhlosion, it was level 40 by the 4th gym, which was pretty awesome but my pokemon needed more love, baw.

I had a Typhlosion too, I called him Quilly (really imaginative name, I know). I managed to keep my team at roughly similar levels, but yeah, I loved him the best. I remember that he never fainted in battle even once, somehow. I loved my Quilly. <3

Are you breeding Absol to look for a shiny, or get good IVs, or just because you like Absol?

I was originally IV breeding, but decided I'd rather like a shiny one. No luck yet, though, which leaves me with several boxes of Absol with IVs of 31 in four or five stats. I trade them on Wonder Trade and the GTS, 'cause hey, why not?

What do you like to do outside of Pokemon?

Video games, anime, reading, writing, computer stuff... yeah, I'm a bit of a nerd. Outside of all that, I'm studying for a degree. I'm due to graduate next summer, assuming all goes well.

Thanks for the greetings, everyone. It really makes me feel welcome. ^_^ <3

Back