• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Skymin's Gallery ★

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

first_light_by_maddytheskymin-d7lsgz3.png

I forgot that I study animation and basically have been drawing my way through university for the past three years. Other than that, I draw when I'm bored, when I'm lonely, when I feel inspired or just when I feel at all. I draw characters, I draw video games, I draw clothes, I draw myself. I also make comics sometimes!!

I have a few other places where you can view my art, such as tumblr or DeviantArt (or my Facebook if you have the pleasure of being my friend). I also have a nuzlocke comic which hasn't really gone anywhere yet and a production blog for my final year animation.

I apologise in advanced for the lossy -- tumblr auto-sizing can do that to you sometimes.​

Spoiler:

tumblr_n40x4u3lQC1tppzkoo1_1280.png

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Last edited:
Years
Wow, some amazing art work you got in there. You are definitely on your way to being a graphic designer or something. You seem very passionate about it. Props to you, and good luck with your future endeavors.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Oh my goodness your art is amazing!! I love your art style and how the colors correlate so well with each other <3

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
Years
Your style looks awesome D:
I like the one on your signature a lot. I like how well the colors look together. You've done a good job with your work :>
Good luck and more power to you and your art :D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
To be honest, I've been following your art for a while haha. I figured you'd come and post your work in time because you are a dedicated artist, so I didn't push the matter. Nevertheless, it's great to see you here in A&D, Skymin. :)

There's no one on earth who can say that you don't own a style that's all your own, that so very clearly comes from a place that's worked it for a long time. You're extremely talented in your own way, and I can't emphasize enough the uniqueness in your art.

Give us a quick back story on your characters please! It would make the people smile. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Wow, some amazing art work you got in there. You are definitely on your way to being a graphic designer or something. You seem very passionate about it. Props to you, and good luck with your future endeavors.

Oh my goodness your art is amazing!! I love your art style and how the colors correlate so well with each other <3

Your style looks awesome D:
I like the one on your signature a lot. I like how well the colors look together. You've done a good job with your work :>
Good luck and more power to you and your art :D
thanks for the kind words. i do love an ego boost <3 you're all so wonderful.
To be honest, I've been following your art for a while haha. I figured you'd come and post your work in time because you are a dedicated artist, so I didn't push the matter. Nevertheless, it's great to see you here in A&D, Skymin. :)

There's no one on earth who can say that you don't own a style that's all your own, that so very clearly comes from a place that's worked it for a long time. You're extremely talented in your own way, and I can't emphasize enough the uniqueness in your art.

Give us a quick back story on your characters please! It would make the people smile. :)
you've been foLLOWING ME get OUT do I have fans is this a real thing I'm blushing

well let's see... okay, well mostly anything with glasses is me, so there's no story there.

blondie and purple-ie hair duo are characters from Atlantis -- Retro Bug's and my own. I'm using them for my final animation and I love their polar opposition.

the Pokemon are old pokesonas me and my friends had like back in 2009 that I decided to redraw.

I think everyone else is random <3

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

This one involves an offhanded comment I made to Skymin along the lines of "Wouldn't it be cool if we could play multiplayer infamous?"

So yeah, Skymin with the Neon Ability and myself with the Smoke Ability. It's now the background to my laptop. <3

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 27, 2014
Your style is so cool! I really love the brush strokes! Well done! Where are you going for animation? :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Haha thanks guys!!

I'm not too sure, wherever the wind takes me! I'd love to do cartoons or perhaps games but I am not too fussy where I end up. :)

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Wow, your artwork seems to have some serious depth to it. The first photo is good, but has some issues. The shading lines beneath the skirt are plain and just straight lines. And for some reason, the feet especially seem extra flat and 2D. But that doesnt really matter, like at all, because you've definitely got talent to become the next big thing. I don't know which ones my favorite: the pink person who seems to be in anguish, or the girl with the headphones. The girl with the headphones is beautifully shaded, the proportions are better than anything I've ever seen, and the painting has meat to it. The pink person.... Idk it just damn well looks pleasing to the eye.

Good job. No, ♥♥♥♥ing great job.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Inspired By Second son ? woow great. Your Arts are very good. I really loved them.

Wow, your artwork seems to have some serious depth to it. The first photo is good, but has some issues. The shading lines beneath the skirt are plain and just straight lines. And for some reason, the feet especially seem extra flat and 2D. But that doesnt really matter, like at all, because you've definitely got talent to become the next big thing. I don't know which ones my favorite: the pink person who seems to be in anguish, or the girl with the headphones. The girl with the headphones is beautifully shaded, the proportions are better than anything I've ever seen, and the painting has meat to it. The pink person.... Idk it just damn well looks pleasing to the eye.

Good job. No, ♥♥♥♥ing great job.
Thanks guys!! :)

Yeah, when I minimal shade, I tend to just... do straight lines. But thanks for the critique <3

Update on my art! I did a commission for someone, and here's the final product!
Spoiler:

Years
Don't usually venture to this part of the forum, but made an exception for my favorite. Your art is hands-down, some of the cleanest, most spectacular work out there. I can't give any critique because I'm a terrible artist myself, but I'm not sure that actual artists would be able to either. Every new piece makes my jaw drop! Keep doing what you're doing, it's producing some truly amazing stuff. Hopefully some I'll be able to pitch in and get myself a drawing :]

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
:') thanks guys it means a lot to me <3

more art!! I seem to warm up with poses and clothes off whatjapanswearing.tumblr.com

tumblr_n8okakXEOz1tppzkoo1_1280.png

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
i did more stuff!! i did some sketches for my commission info:

Spoiler:

and a commission for my friend!
tumblr_n8vzzlkHAB1tppzkoo1_1280.png

Years
Man, your lines look like they were done by a computer; almost perfect! I admire how meticulous you seem to be about that, and it really shows in the final product. Your poses are spot on; the striped-shirt lady seemed a bit off to me at first, but that may have been because I didn't have a full view of it originally haha. There's really not much I can critique, except that you need to make more! Lovely, as always :]

Back