• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What kind of clothes do you wish they had?

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    What kind of clothes do you wish they had that are not currently in the game? And if they were to retain the trainer customization, what kind of clothes do you wish they add?

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
  • I have no style in mind :D
    I do like the clothing in X/Y but it would be nice to have more pieces to choose from. I am quite fond of what I have now xD
    Coats would be nice, though ^_^

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I think it would've been nice if we had more ranges of accessories to choose from, such as watches, glasses, and so on. Alongside, I also wanted there an option to remove hats. I know that all protagonists have worn them traditionally, but keep it that way just for the sake of it doesn't exactly seem such a valid reason to me. Personally, I'd love to show off my hair!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Just more stuff in general would be nice. Gimmie as many options as possible, Game Freak.

Though a few specific things I'd like would be a black fedora for girls, and maybe scarves as an additional accessory (and not just restricted to a part of a few outfits), and a vest thing like Hilda wears.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    I think someone in the game mentioned something about being able to get a lab coat like Professor Sexymore's, and I was disappointed when that NPC may have lied to me. Seriously, I'd love for there to be long-coat options. Oh, and the ability to NOT wear a hat.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I also wanted there an option to remove hats. I know that all protagonists have worn them traditionally, but keep it that way just for the sake of it doesn't exactly seem such a valid reason to me. Personally, I'd love to show off my hair!

Mostly this. It didn't make sense to me that we had all these hairstyles to choose from but had to cover part of it with a hat. ಠ_ಠ

IRL I use a lot of backpacks, so I would have liked to wear one in game instead of using the handbags. Also, I just wanted more colors for shoes. I liked the high tops but I really wanted a pair in blue.

And it would have been nice if girls could wear boy clothes (and vice versa, if they wanted) - a lot of the boys' hoodies, pants, sneakers, etc. would have looked good on the girls too, I think.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Mostly this. It didn't make sense to me that we had all these hairstyles to choose from but had to cover part of it with a hat. ಠ_ಠ

IRL I use a lot of backpacks, so I would have liked to wear one in game instead of using the handbags. Also, I just wanted more colors for shoes. I liked the high tops but I really wanted a pair in blue.

And it would have been nice if girls could wear boy clothes (and vice versa, if they wanted) - a lot of the boys' hoodies, pants, sneakers, etc. would have looked good on the girls too, I think.

Love the backpack idea, I miss them.

I think Nintendo would kinda be attacked if they did that. I mean hoodies/sneakers on girls is good, but guys wearing skirts, ehh it could get some backlash.

Evyl

t r a g i c
    Years
  • I want Gym Leader outfits, more hairstyles, and more hats.

Maybe they'll issue a patch/DLC for more clothes?

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2015
    They should have added another nintendo characters clothes, like link, princess zelda, megaman, samus and maybe kirby xD it would be awesome: Trainer Kirby wants to battle you!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Love the backpack idea, I miss them.

I think Nintendo would kinda be attacked if they did that. I mean hoodies/sneakers on girls is good, but guys wearing skirts, ehh it could get some backlash.

Yeah haha, I noticed Nintendo's not very comfortable going outside of social norms, like with the whole Tomadachi Life incident. And I remember in Animal Crossing it's fine if a girl wears pants, but if a boy tries on a skirt the storekeeper does comment on it.

USC Yuuka

The USC
    Years
  • I personally would've loved to see flip-flops and headbands. Options to not wear head accessories, socks, and hats would've been nice too. And backpacks too. I have this one really really casual outfit but it would look tons better with flip-flops imo owo

Years
  • Would love an option to remove hats. Would be nice to show off more of my hair - not sure why we're locked to using a hat. :(

And accessories would be awesome. Scarves, tattoos, earrings and what have you are things I'd love to mess around with and try on.. even though I'm sure some of those (like jewelry) would be hard to notice given the character models haha.

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
    Years
  • Agreed with the above posts - when I realized that you could not remove hats, I was so bummed. :( I really wanted to see the character with just her hair, like how they have her when she's set as the rival.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    I personally would've loved to see flip-flops and headbands. Options to not wear head accessories, socks, and hats would've been nice too. And backpacks too. I have this one really really casual outfit but it would look tons better with flip-flops imo owo

There already is an option to remove socks and head accessories. Just scroll down to the one you're wearing in the clothing menu thing and press A.

Anyway, I like many other people would like to be able to remove hats. Some darker colored clothes and more purple things would be great as well.

Jasonmii

Der Kaffee geht auf mich.
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    I wish they'd give you the option to buy gym leaders clothes...or any other significant character. The male customization was very limited. It would be cool to wear the same clothes as Team Flare. I just think those would be some awesome additions to the customization.

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
    Years
  • It would have been amazing to remove hats and have a wider variety of hair styles to seperate yourself from other members of the community in Kalos. Most clothes that I have seen so far in the shops are mainly covered in logos, so it would have been nicer to have showcased plain shirts with full pictures instead of just business logos, etc.

Years
  • Like the majority here, I wish I could remove the hat. It's kind of annoying to see my character wear it all the time, especially since personally I'm not really fond of headwear...
    Also, I wish it was possible to get furisode girl/hex maniac outfits as well. I think they're great and would definitely want to buy them!
    And cosplaying as gym leaders (both from the 6th and previous generations) is a great idea as well! And maybe adding genderbent versions of gym leaders' outfits too... I can totally imagine my girl character wearing Morty's sweater and scarf:D

Back