• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Ruby Generation Discovery

Should this game have more than 411 Pokemon?

• Yes

Votes: 61 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters

SuperOrigin

Legendary
Years
  • Pokemon Ruby Generation Discovery
    titlescreen_1_orig.png

Pokemon Ruby Remake
    Hack of Pokemon Ruby

Introduction
    Hello all. TyHawk4501 here. I've decided to post one of my projects called Pokemon Ruby Generation Discovery. Pokemon Ruby Generation Discovery is about discovering new things and events. It's like discovering about the 4th generation region and Pokemon before they were officially released. You get to explore the Hoenn Region again while discovering new events. I hope you all like the game and the work I've done in it.

Story
    When Prof. Birch discovers 3 rare POKEMON that came to the HOENN REGION. After seeing [player] in RUSTBORO CITY, Prof. Birch heads back to his lab and begins doing research. Later after defeating NORMAN the fifth GYM LEADER and your DAD in the game, the [player] heads to Prof. Birch's 2nd laboratory and he discovers the 3 POKEMON are from the SINNOH REGION. After defeating TEAM MAGMA & capturing GROUDON, [player] returns the RED ORB to MT. PYRE and then out of nowhere, CELEBI teleports you to the TEAM MAGMA Hideout that has been taken over by TEAM AQUA. [player] suddenly hears a mysterious voice thru telepathy asking you to stop TEAM AQUA from capturing KYOGRE. [player] succeeds in defeating ARCHIE & returns back to MT. PYRE.

Features

- All Pokemon Obtainable
    - Both RED & BLUE ORB Obtainable
    - All Legendary Pokemon Obtainable
    - Save the world from Team Magma & Aqua
    - Discover new events that weren't in Pokemon Ruby before
    - Able to visit Mirage Island without any cheats
    - Able to visit Prof. Birch's secret lab
    - and more...

Screenshots
    prof-birch-s-great-news.png
    chimchar_1.png
    what-cave-could-it-be.png
    celebi-at-mt-pyre.png
    red-gyarados_1.png
    what-cave-could-it-be_1.png
    mirage-island.png
    feebas.png
    special-metang.png

Pokemon Ruby Generation Discovery Signature
    pokemon-ruby-generation-discovery-sig_orig.png

Pokemon Ruby Generation Discovery Banner
    pokemon-ruby-generation-discovery-banner_orig.png

Credits
    Nintendo, Game Freak, Creatures Inc. - Pokemon Ruby; Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra, Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape, Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon, Dialga, Palkia, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin & Arceus Sprites; Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen Celebi, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh and Deoxys Overworld Sprites

HackMew - UnLZ.GBA, Advance Trainer & XSE

Wichu - Advanced Series

LU-HO - Advance Map

Smogon University & Atecaincorp - Xerneas & Yveltal Sprites and Generation 6 Sprite Resource

Attachments

• Pokemon Ruby Generation Discovery Beta 2.ips
      118.2 KB · Views: 67
    Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Good luck with EV training then without the pomeg/kelpsy/ect berries having no use other than pokeblock. It might help to do something about EVs pretty soon given this point as breeding just to properly EV train starter pokemon is a waste of time.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    This looks interesting, gonna try it out. =)

How far does the beta go to?

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • I appreciate your support. But I'm sticking with Pokemon Ruby, I can add more Pokemon in the game easily.

no, people can't expand the Ruby Dex Because it dosen't use malloc like FR or EM. look i'm suggesting this cause ruby is incredibly buggy and unstable and lacks many features in comparison to Emerald... please consider my offer it might make you benefit a lot.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Welp.. if you say that you can "easily" add new pokemons into a Ruby Base, i want to see that, so i've voted "Yes" to the poll.
    Besides that, i can only comment about what you shown, and the Lab Image looks extremely weird with all those machines..

Cya~

SuperOrigin

Legendary
    Years
  • This looks interesting, gonna try it out. =)

How far does the beta go to?

Thank you! =) I'm glad you like it =)

The beta goes up to the Elite Four.

Welp.. if you say that you can "easily" add new pokemons into a Ruby Base, i want to see that, so i've voted "Yes" to the poll.
    Besides that, i can only comment about what you shown, and the Lab Image looks extremely weird with all those machines..

Cya~

Alrighty. Glad you voted "Yes" =) I can definitely add more Pokemon into a Ruby Base so you'll be surprised.
    For the Lab Image, I've changed the border blocks so the machines aren't there anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Good luck with EV training then without the pomeg/kelpsy/ect berries having no use other than pokeblock. It might help to do something about EVs pretty soon given this point as breeding just to properly EV train starter pokemon is a waste of time.

But EV training is for posers bro ;)

Well if you like easy runs, that's cool I guess. :/

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    But EV training is for posers bro ;)

Well if you like easy runs, that's cool I guess. :/

One ends up having to waste less money on items in the latter half of the game that way, especially the elite 4, and it's hardly easy since EV training takes a long time to do.

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
    Years
    • Seen today
    One ends up having to waste less money on items in the latter half of the game that way, especially the elite 4, and it's hardly easy since EV training takes a long time to do.

In my experience most Pokemon games (with a few exceptions, like Ruby Destiny), money is lobbed at you anyways. I can see the problem in FRLG, considering one has to catch 40 pokemon to get the Amulet Coin to increase your profits, but your mom hands one to you in RSE after you beat your dad, long before EV berries become useful at when your Pokemon have 510 EVs. Maybe I'm missing the point again, but wasting money isn't too bad if you get too much.

SuperOrigin

Legendary
    Years
  • Btw.. wheres the other legendary ? its the same as ruby version :) i mean any have added ?

If you mean Kyogre, it can be caught in SeaFloor Cavern. If you mean Celebi, it's located on Route 121. It's like ruby version but with the new features I added :) In the current Beta, the new added legendary is Celebi. The rest of the legendary's haven't been added yet but will be later on.

Espurr_Kawaii

Pokemon Trainer Coordinator
    Years
  • If you mean Kyogre, it can be caught in SeaFloor Cavern. If you mean Celebi, it's located on Route 121. It's like ruby version but with the new features I added :) In the current Beta, the new added legendary is Celebi. The rest of the legendary's haven't been added yet but will be later on.

ah.. ok ! thank you for the information..

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
    Years
  • LOL. What about the Ruby Destiny Series and Light Plaitnum?

This hack seems...okay...Maybe add a little more to the story since its a sideshow hack. :)

Light Platinum is the only Ruby hack I was ever able to get into. Ruby Destiny series isn't really my thing, Ruby in general was never really my thing.

Back