• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The International Idol Star Tournament! {T}

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019

contest_art.png

✮ THE INTERNATIONAL IDOL STAR TOURNAMENT!
OOC

Introduction & Rundown

126.gif
"Ah, future competitors!
I bid you the warmest of welcomes. Today is a particularly special afternoon. It marks the seventeenth biannual succession of the IIS! ...do not ask how I can recall how long it has been. I have grown far too old... Err, but yes! The International Idol Star Tournament, founded in Sinnoh and in-existence for over a decade! A particularly important tradition, no? I believe the notifications you received referred to it as a, err: '...biannual, televised event organized by a subdivision of Sinnoh's Pokemon Relationships officials.' ...hardly captures the glamour, but either way, I suppose you all feel quite accomplished to be invited here! This is a very important occasion, is it not?

"This group of youthful coordinators… my, how you vary! I've never seen such variety in all IIS history! From Kanto to Kalos, you are all positively gushing with potential! I have seen your success rates myself and my, they are a wonder to behold! Your prowess fascinates me; I suppose I, then, should feel honored? Oho!

"Though, if I may be so earnest, this tournament is not typical in any sense. It takes the fundamentals of coordination and places them on a much grander scale: a judging panel of six, an involvement of all five categories at once, three rounds instead of two— one a mystery— and the involvement of all six regions...! Yes, this tournament is nothing short of a challenge. There will be stress and there will be tears. Every single one of you will fail in some manner during this journey, but what a journey it shall be! Everyone in the world will be watching you and your achievements! You will dazzle and enrapture, and develop along the way! The IIS is not as much a competition than it is a celebration of Pokemon coordination and how far it has come over the years. It is an opportunity to learn whilst enjoying yourself in the greatest "sport" in the world, I think! And I would even say it is to coordinators what the League tournaments are to Trainers! For without the IIS, coordinators would still be overlooked, overshadowed. The Training community outnumbers us a thousand to one. But the IIS allows us to present our artistry and creativity, the qualities that even some League Champions lack! Through our artfulness, the world may see and realize how vital coordination truly is! We are not your everyday Trainers, are we not?

"...but, uh, the original intentions appear to have... contorted quite a bit since the first few years. Ah, but no matter! I'm sure every one of you can wholeheartedly agree with my sentiments! Unless you simply do not. Your "eye is on the prize", as they say. The experience does not matter to you as much as victory, a chance to become the very best. The opportunity to win that big gold trophy, those bragging rights, the fame— near guaranteed—, glistening medals, 850, 000 in Poke...! The awards appear endless to you, and you'll do anything to guarantee they end up in your hands! You'll work with the same ferocity as those truly passionate about coordination, just for payment! Avarice is a peculiar thing. But however genuine or not, I am positive you will all find enjoyment in this competition! ...or celebration! It all depends on your approach.

"Now, I believe you all deserve a hearty explanation of how the IIS works. Allow me to read from this... rather hefty... guidebook! I'll be sure to cover what is most important.

*er-hem*

• The competition is split between 10 phases, each hosted in a different location across the known regions. (Necessary transportation is provided.)
    "Ha! Don't be too quick to trust that! Bring as much money as you possibly can... without becoming a target, of course. Take it from me, there are pick-pocketers abound! And I still can't find my wallet..."​
  • Each phase of the competition is assigned a theme that will assist in the guidance and organization of said phase's first and second rounds. Judges are sure to stay mindful of any connections between a performance and a given theme.
    "Oh ho, what a jest indeed! The truth of the matter, young coordinators, is that judges hardly care for these insignificant "themes". They're merely ornamental, used to distinguish one phase from the next. Don't worry over them! If you're desperate for points, perhaps, but you earn a much more profitable amount from bribery. Or flat out cheating!"​
  • There will be a judge representing each of the five categories (Cuteness, Toughness, Coolness, Cleverness and Beauty) as well as a mysterious special judge, different each phase.
    "...who does not necessarily need to have any experience in coordination, but I suppose that would complicate things."​
  • Before each phase the competitors are allowed 60 hours (3 days) to rehearse and prepare for the upcoming phase.
    "...as well as engage themselves in whatever activity they so choose! Yes, feel free to go window shopping, sightseeing... I encourage you! The locations planned this year are quite intriguing."​
  • Coordinators will have both a main Pokemon and backup, in case of an emergency situation. The main Pokemon is to always perform while the backup may not unless a competitor's main becomes incapable of performing or under special conditions.
    "There was an incident a few years back with Ms. Mary Anne that I shall never forget. Her prized Prinplup broke its arm and she had to settle for a less-than-desirable and terribly stubborn Marill as its replacement. Needless to say, she did not win! Don't be like foolish Mary Anne! Your backup should be just as cooperative and respectable as your main partner! But only the contest rounds themselves:"​
  • The first and opening round of the IIS is the Primary Round. Here, coordinators present their partner Pokemon to the judges and audience. Based on the approval and excitement of the latter, they will then be awarded a maximum of 10 points. If any judge— including the special judge— is especially impressed, they may boost the number of points by a maximum of 5. However, only one judge may do this. To enthuse the audience, competitors are allowed 120 seconds backstage to dress and pamper their Pokemon with provided accessories, curlers, make-up equipment and whatever else they may need.
    "Now don't dare underestimate this round! It is not simply "dress-up". This is your first impression on the judging panel and your audience, and like all first impressions, you must make sure it is a worthwhile one! Take full advantage of your time backstage to beautify your partner to the best of your ability! Think: what does the audience want to see? What do the judges want to see?"​
  • The second round of the IIS is the highly-anticipated Appeal Round. As always, coordinators are to direct their partners in a well-rehearsed routine in order to attract approval and fascination from the judging panel. Each routine should showcase a particular contest category. Any move may fit into any category depending on how it is presented. The brief performance will then be ranked separately by each of the five judges on a scale of 1 to 10, with no contribution made by the special judge. The results will then be added to the competitor's final score: a maximum of 50.
    "If the IIS is say, a delicious dinner at a five-star restaurant, the appeal round will be your tender main course. In other words, the very meat of the competition! Be sure your routine is polished and prepared to leave a lasting impression on the judges and audience! The stage is yours for you and your partner to express yourselves! Most important are the contest categories: Cool, Clever, Cute, Tough and Beauty. Utilize them as commonly as possible, as even the special judge may prefer a certain category over the other. Their importance? I shall cover that soon enough, but wooing them is just as important as wooing the rest of the panel! Trust me."​
  • Finally, unlike most contests, the IIS makes use of a third and final round: the Mystery Round. Here the IIS host will be responsible for randomly selecting an activity that displays the powerful relationship between a coordinator and their partner. Points will be distributed differently based on the selected activity.
    "Ah, the infamous Mystery Round. The only round that cannot be foretold! (By competitors, anyway.) Preparation is near impossible in most cases! Certainly the most exciting part of each phase, I find. My only advice is to be sharp, swift and think fast! Either way, I assure you it will be entertaining... to the audience! And, of course, to yours truly. Aha!"​
  • At the end of the Mystery Round, there will be a brief intermission before the results are presented. The competitors and their Pokemon will then reenter the stage to have their point total calculated. The special judge will then award the coordinator they felt exhibited the most potential and effort with an exuberant thirty points. And finally, a phase winner will be selected!
    "Yes, the special judge does in fact matter: they may turn the tide of a competition in a single decision! Imbalanced? Perhaps, but you mustn't let that dowse your confidence. Somehow you must convince that judge to side with you if you'd like a heightened chance of victory! And trust me, there are many ways."​
"Hmm, and it appears the rest of this is pointless blathering. An entire passage dedicated to what is considered "dishonest"... But I see no infractions given for any of these! They're all fair game, then, if you wish to take what those officials consider the "dishonest route". But alas, it appears our meeting has thus come to an end. Of course, there is still much more to learn, but I will leave that up to you, young coordinators! As your host, I wish you all the best of luck as you prepare for, potentially, the greatest adventure of your lifetime!"
~ Juan

Rules & Gameplay

Application / Entries:

- No mythical/legendary Pokemon for partners; your character would be a legend themselves by now if that were the case and they wouldn't need this silly ol' show! Mega-evolution is also forbidden as well. There are a couple of in-game reasons why that your characters may learn on their own.

- Also for partners: there is a limit of 7 moves per Pokemon. However, levels will be excluded. As long as a Pokemon's moves are legal, they are perfectly acceptable. TM moves may be learned during the roleplay via purchases/gifts/etc.

- For the best categories: Put the two categories your partner excels best here, and they may become more experienced in the other three if that is what your coordinator wishes to focus on.

- The age of your coordinator may be anything in-between 11 to 20.

- The History and Quirks sections of your coordinator's app are completely optional. Feel free to disregard them if you feel they don't apply to you.

- For the inventory section, the Poffin Case and Fashion Case are necessities. Feel free to add anything else that matters to your character (Pokeballs, first aid case, snacks, jewelry, etc.)

- Joint posts are not mandatory for character interactions, only if players involved find it more efficient than the typical back-and-forth format.

- The only real "bunnying" I can think of is during the appeal round where your character will automatically leave the stage after their recital ("So-and-so exited the stage.") in which your character can reflect afterwards. But, otherwise, I will refrain from any methods of godmodding and bunnying and thus, so will you!

- For the primary rounds: Once the phase has gone underway, you are allowed one backstage post with an end statement describing how your Pokemon looks. Once everyone has done the same, the judges and audience will give their feedback and we will proceed to the appeal round.

- For the appeal rounds: Once we reach the second round of a phase, please write out and send your routines via private message instead of posting to the thread. That way, there will be no "ninjas" or similar interruptions. I will post the routine as is along with judge commentary near the bottom.

- Activity is a must! I do not want the RP's progress to rely on a specific person, so if a player does not post in a week's time, they will be ignored and the game will proceed as normal. They will be contacted, not necessarily kicked, until two weeks have passed and they remain silent.

- The only inexcusable in-character behavior is obsessive on-stage violence against fellow coordinators and their partners, as well as any violence or harassment directed towards judges during contests. They may have your character disqualified from the competition.

Free Days:

- The three free days in-between phases are open periods, meant for many thing aside from planning appeal routines. During this time, coordinators can bake poffins, shop for accessories, interact with their fellows, interact with the judges, shoot up a bank, write their autobiography, scale a mountain or slack off until the days are up. (But hopefully the latter won't happen; don't want your character to embarrass themselves when they don't have a routine ready!)

- Each day will end when everyone confirms their character is finished. Simply state in your final post for those 24 hours that their planned activities are completed/ceased/concluded/terminated and wait until the remaining active members are finished with theirs. Posts can range from a brief overview to an extensive event involving every present coordinator, as long as we all wrap up in a relatively timely manner.

Finally, General:

- The RP itself is rated T for the occasional swear, injury, face smash, etc. as well as some potential gambling and manipulation.

- And there will be a Skype group! Just for easier communications; Skype is fun! The function is optional, but it might be easier to receive clarification and communicate with the other players there. Message me your Skype user to be added to the group chat.

Confused? Need further clarification? Post your concerns and I will answer to the best of my ability!

Application & Writing Sample

Spoiler:

Contest Categories

Spoiler:

Host & Judging Panel

230.png
370.png

Juan : The Host​
Dive_Ball_battle_IV.png
Juan_OD.png

The suave Hoenn gentleman and retired gym leader. Juan is as smooth and clean as spring water. Withholding or twisting information out of leniency is the same as dishonesty in his book. Juan will tell you precisely what he knows. More accurately: he will tell you precisely everything that he knows, whether you should hear it or not. Not that he should worry about being caught; his fluid way of talking and beguiling smile can get him out of any situation. Juan is a flexible man with loose opinions and a fixation on children… as well as women. (Not the same sort of fixation, mind you…!) This womanizer may act quite vainly at times but do not doubt this generosity and willingness to not only teach, but to learn. This is his second time acting as the host for the IIS.

Likes: The unexpected, Pacifidlog Town and ice sculptures.
Dislikes: Those unwilling to learn, beaches and wrinkles.

064.png
203.png

Jordan : The Cool Judge​
Luxury_Ball_battle_IV.png
Rich_Boy_V_OD.png

The youngest and newest judge in the panel. Jordan is considered somewhat of a child prodigy in the coordination community. His stage presence is admirable for one of only fourteen years, and his popularity spawns from his snark and attitude. That and his family's wealth practically paid for his spot amongst the other judges. Nevertheless, the energetic Jordan carries himself pridefully, having quite the ego, and will not tolerate any form of criticism towards him or his Pokemon. He may appear sophisticated during the competition itself but do not be fooled: Jordan is an impish and mischievous rascal known for playing jokes on and taking shots at the other judges, as well as contestants! His backhanded insults, innuendos and pranks are more out of good fun than maliciousness. Still, there is no denying that Jordan can be quite — for lack of a better word— a twat.

Likes: The ideology of "all publicity is good publicity", sweets and dying his hair.
Dislikes: Being disregarded, pickles and the thought of growing up.

427.png
184.png

Keira : The Cute Judge​
Love_Ball_battle_IV.png
Lass_OD.png

This little lass is cuter than a button, but do not be fooled by her juvenile bows, ribbons and miniskirts (she claims it is "lolita style"). Keira is a dedicated young woman with an adoration of not only cute things but coordination in-general. Her optimism and passion are near unmatched. When Keira sets a goal for herself, she will reach it! It is how she has become an idol throughout her hometown of Hearthome. What other coordinator would dare to tackle high level contests with an everyday Buneary? Because of coordinators like Keira, the coordinating community is open to a variety of Pokemon regardless of desirability. Though Keira does seem to struggle when wording criticism; she's so stubborn to stay positive! Yet her main weakness lies in her inability to cooperate with anyone she does not see eye-to-eye with. Despite her kind face and seemingly pleasant demeanor, truthfully Keira is quite judgmental, and would rather not recognize this herself!

Likes: Political correctness, Pecha berries and children's animation.
Dislikes: Sarcastic or dry humor, the sight of blood (she will faint) and the term "girly-girl".

414.png
421.png

Anne Maria : The Beautiful Judge​
Level_Ball_battle_IV.png
Veteran_f_OD.png

An enigmatic maiden from the mountainous regions of Sinnoh with a sort of simplistic beauty to her. Like the highland winds, she stays cool and levelheaded, but is certainly not arrogant. Ms. Anne Maria is quite humble, especially when concerning her achievements. With unwavering dedication and hard work, she went from a poor, orphaned girl in Eterna to a wealthy, well-known coordination judge. Though somewhat bashful, this independent and even-voiced woman has a will harder than steel. She is certainly not easily swayed and has quite the reputation for being a rigorous judge with a habit of nitpicking and expecting absolute perfection from competitors. Though, if someone were to win over the one-and-only Ms. Anne Maria with a flawless routine...!

Dislikes: Gaudy accessories, loud noises and meat.

125.png
122.png

Dequan : The Clever Judge​
Dusk_Ball_battle_IV.png
Dancer_OD.png

An easy-going Unovian from downtown Castelia; at first glance, from his casual wear and lax posture, one wouldn't assume Dequan to be one of the few college graduates in his region. Education has become less of a priority with generations choosing a Trainer's life over earning a degree. But Dequan had his heart set on learning as much as he possibly could, and he is still hungry for knowledge! He can be quite the braggart, always wanting to answer answers and take any spare opportunity to present what he knows. But he really is intelligent with a fantastic memory. Not to mention Dequan is a fun and goofy guy to be around. He's accepting and carefree with a competitive streak; he tends to make bets with the other judges. "Bet you 300 poke that Mariah'll pull through." "200 poke that Jacob'll get the most points!" And, despite being open towards all, he can't deny how subject he is to favoritism...

Likes: Electronic music, his orange varsity jacket and smiling.
Dislikes: Bar soap, phone booths, glasses and anything else he dubs inefficient.

450.png
112.png

Carlo : The Tough Judge​
Safari_Ball_battle_IV.png
Gentleman_OD.png

From the untamed areas of Kanto comes the final judge: the ever-intimidating Carlo. Even stricter than Anne Maria, Carlo never wavers in assertively speaking his earnest beliefs. He is an opinionated man who speaks every word as if it is the final and deciding one. There is no middle-ground with Carlo who as stubborn as stubborn can get. Bickering with Carlo is the equivalent to arguing with a doorknob; it will lead to nowhere. For the occasional years he has been present, he was been the ultimate fear for competitors. Do not let Carlo catch you in the wrong place at the wrong time. He holds morality and honesty to the highest of regards. Give Carlo a reason to hate someone and he will never forgive them. He has the alertness of a Staraptor, a deep voice that demands attention and a ferocious temper. However, his concealed sensitivity usually makes him the target of the other judges' teasing. The best method of dealing with Carlo is by not taking him seriously.

Dislikes: Passiveness, talking about himself and Pokemon battling.

Coordinators & Reservations

131.png
297.png

Corrine "Coco" Corderoy [Godzil]

Active Pokemon: Lapras
Ranking: ---

furfrou-kabuki.png
cryogonal.png

Soren Ferngully [Jauntier]

Active Pokemon: Furfrou

buizel.png
malamar.png

Jessica Caroon [vsich4]

Active Pokemon: Buizel

sneasel.png
vulpix.png

Matomi Rei Omoken [Sheraku]

Active Pokemon: Sneasel

Last edited:
Years
Well, here's something you don't see every day. I'll join. I always liked the Sinnoh contests...

Coordinator:

Name/Nickname: Corrine "CoCo" Corduroy
Sex: Female

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Coco is short for her age (only about 5' 1") and slender, with tan skin and blue eyes. Her red hair reaches past her shoulders, and is wild but never messy. Her usual outfit is a mix of styles: black leather jacket, white blouse, blue jeans and punk boots.

When performing, she does her hair up in a prim and proper bun, and wears a small golden tiara. She changes into a sleeveless purple dress and comfortable black pumps. The dress is slit to allow easy movement, and she wears sky blue leggings underneath.

Personality: Intelligent and determined, Coco believes that success comes through raw talent and hard work. But she is arrogant and manipulative, caring for herself above all others and seeing people mainly as tools to further her own goals. Though she has little respect for other people, she loves Pokemon and is deeply fascinated by them, participating in contests so she can spend time around them and watch them compete. She doesn't like fighting, and prefers to walk away from confrontation, often dismissing and deriding anyone who attempts to stand up to her.

History: Corrine is the daughter of Colin Corduroy, former Pokethlon champion. Colin never tried to push his daughter into following in his athletic footsteps, but he always encouraged her to do her best, excel in her chosen field, and win no matter the cost. Her Pokemon were her only friends, though she hated battling because it was too rough and competitive. She found contests to be more elegant, more controlled, and (in her mind) require more skill. Plus, it was a creative and visually appealing way to showcase a Pokemon's abilities. She initially entered into contests for fun, but now she also performs to make a name for herself and step out of her father's shadow.

Pros & Cons: Intelligent and arrogant, creative and withdrawn.

Inventory: Poffin Case, Fashion Case, Full Restores, fireworks, small Snorlax doll.

Quirks: Often plays up her persona in front of an audience, speaking in third person or giving herself grand titles, but is actually very nervous around groups of people and keeps a stuffed Snorlax doll (named Mr. Buffet) for comfort.

Main Pokemon:

Species: Lapras
Nickname: Rena
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Sing, Water Gun, Water Pulse, Body Slam, Perish Song, Ice Beam, Brine
Nature & Characteristic: Quiet, Likes to relax
Best Categories: Beautiful, Cute
Quirks: Very protective of Coco, whom she considers a pet and enjoys snuggling with.

Backup Pokemon:

Species: Hariyama
Nickname: Yokozuna
Ability: Thick Fat
Moves: Tackle, Force Palm, Whirlwind, Knock Off, Vital Throw, Seismic Toss, Close Combat
Nature & Characteristic: Jolly, Loves to eat
Best Categories: Tough, Clever
Quirks: Likes eating candy and playing games, especially puzzles. Is basically a big kid, primarily motivated by fun.

Writing Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Aww man, I was going to ask if I could be a judge the second I saw that they could be bribed xD

If I feel like I have time and don't fall back on Retribution and Pokémon United I may post a SU.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Aww man, I was going to ask if I could be a judge the second I saw that they could be bribed xD

If I feel like I have time and don't fall back on Retribution and Pokémon United I may post a SU.

Naw, sorry! Only coordinators this time!

App or no app, glad to see you're interested!

Well, here's something you don't see every day. I'll join. I always liked the Sinnoh contests...

Spoiler:

App acknowledged! Thank you for your entry. Looked over it and everything seems good. One thing: Coco doesn't seem too "cowardly" based on her personality. Maybe... withdrawn, unwilling to interact/directly confront others? But that's a minor thing.

Like the ideas used in your sample too, especially the involvement of the Sinnoh-style contests. And the Flipper Flopping. I take it Rena's lighter than the average Lapras?

Last edited:

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Out of curiosity, will the appeals round work like it does in the anime? (I am considering joining myself.)

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Out of curiosity, will the appeals round work like it does in the anime? (I am considering joining myself.)

Essentially, yes! The main-games' equivalent I find would be too hard to replicate. The only differences between this RP's appeal round and the anime's is that the judging will go differently, but both involve your Pokemon performing a solo routine.

Thanks for considering as well!

Years
App acknowledged! Thank you for your entry. Looked over it and everything seems good. One thing: Coco doesn't seem too "cowardly" based on her personality. Maybe... withdrawn, unwilling to interact/directly confront others? But that's a minor thing.

Like the ideas used in your sample too, especially the involvement of the Sinnoh-style contests. And the Flipper Flopping. I take it Rena's lighter than the average Lapras?

Thanks for the advice! I wasn't too happy with "cowardly", but I didn't want to say "shy", and was getting flustered. Withdrawn works really well.

And yes, Rena is still young (like Ash's Lapras), so is smaller and lighter than a regular Lapras. But Coco and her father have trained her to be athletic for most of her life.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Thanks for the advice! I wasn't too happy with "cowardly", but I didn't want to say "shy", and was getting flustered. Withdrawn works really well.

And yes, Rena is still young (like Ash's Lapras), so is smaller and lighter than a regular Lapras. But Coco and her father have trained her to be athletic for most of her life.

Good, good! The training makes sense, being that Lapras is pretty bulky, and her father's definitely got some athletic prowess. Hariyama's even bulkier. I assume Coco has an affinity for the hefty types, huh?

And I'll also encourage anyone who is interested and ready to apply/interested but cannot find the time or still a little shaky on applying for other reasons/completely disinterested altogether to please express your thoughts and feelings and such. I'd just like to run a quick interest check, of sorts.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Sorry. College has me busy this month. D: I am still interested, but it is midterm month for me.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Sorry. College has me busy this month. D: I am still interested, but it is midterm month for me.

No worries! if you're busy, I can't push you. But good luck!

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
This seems really interesting! Have you begun yet or may I still submit my SU?

Love the idea, never tried doing coordinator point of view stuff but i'd be really excited to try, lots of potential!

Also how would the judging be different or is that a surprise for when it starts? :)

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
This seems really interesting! Have you begun yet or may I still submit my SU?

Love the idea, never tried doing coordinator point of view stuff but i'd be really excited to try, lots of potential!

Also how would the judging be different or is that a surprise for when it starts? :)

Definitely not; we need as many apps as we can get! I'm glad you like the RP idea as well.

As for judging, there's nothing too shockingly different. The judges will just bring a few things they liked/didn't like about the performance before giving their score. I only mentioned it being different the anime's because I'm not using the anime's judging panel as an influence.

FireSnow

Years
Coordinator:

Name/Nickname: Jessica Caroon
Sex: Female
Appearance: Bright platinum blonde hair up in a ponytail, bright green eyes and a bright red earring on her left ear.
Wears a plain grey crop top t-shirt , blue bracelet and red skirt with a loose black belt around it. Also has black leggings on with black heel boots. Basically this with the changes I said.
7011152-blonde-anime-girl-sitting.jpg

Personality: Jessica is on a whole other level with her friendliness. She is not afraid to walk up to anyone and have a conversation. Has excellent leadership as she was voted class president in high school (due to her friendliness) and has major confidence. Would spend her life on the stage if she could and loves the rush of coming up with a game plan and executing it to perfection. Will spend hours on end coming up with ideas and a plan for each and every round. Definition of a girly girl, hates bug Pokemon and loves shopping, usually for herself. Major flaw is that she gets upset if someone doesn't receive her friendliness properly. Loves her two Pokemon to death and wouldn't give them up for the world or even those cute boots.

History: It'll be a mystery ;)
Pros & Cons: Confidence, friendliness, loves the stage, personable
Can be unintentionally selfish, slow to react if something doesn't go according to plan, has creativity/battling issues with her Malamar
Inventory: - poffins for water types, dark types, psychic types and that help the cute, cool, clever and beautiful sections
- makeup kit
- outifts, both Pokemon and human
- oran and pecha berries
- water
- Frisbees
- Ice Skates

Quirks: nothing really

Main Pokemon:

Species: Buizel
Nickname: Scooter
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Sonicboom, Water Sport, Icy Wind, Razor Wind, Water Gun, Quick Attack, Aqua Jet
Nature & Characteristic: Jolly, Likes to run [i.e. ?Bold, capable of taking hits?; evaluate if you?d like.]
Best Categories: Cute, Cool
Quirks: Aims to please, loves to meet people and get pet by them, runs 3 miles every morning

Backup Pokemon:

Species: Malamar
Nickname: Malmo
Ability: Infiltrator
Moves: Double Team, Attract, Rain Dance, Psyshock, Aerial Ace, Psychic
Nature & Characteristic: Sassy, Hates to lose
Best Categories: Beautiful and Cool
Quirks: Only cares about winning, not about how it happened, will do anything for the victory (cheat?) Expects it from Buizel and Jessica as well

Writing Sample:
As the announcer began announcing her name, Jessica sprinted out of the tunnel and onto the stage with a huge friendly smile. She got to her spot on the stage and waved to the crowd and the judges.

?Alright Scooter! Time to shine!? she yelled out as she threw her Pokeball up in the air and out comes the Buizel and some rain drops as part of the effect. His orange fur glistened beautifully from the water droplets.

The crowd goes crazy as Scooter lands and strikes his signature pose of leaning back and crossing his arms.

?Got the crowd right where I want them now?, Jessica thinks to herself and she gives a little smile.

Jessica immediately changed her expression to a more serious look as it was time to get down to business. With a twirl and a pointing of her finger, Scooter sprang into action as water appeared and surrounded him, like a tube. Scooter raced around the stage in this Aqua Jet. Yet, something looked off about it. The crowd stared in awe as they looked closely at the racing Buizel. Finally the MC excitedly explained that the Buizel was actually spinning around inside the water and it was in the opposite way! The audience cheered as they recognized the difficulty, especially with the nonverbal communication between Jessica and her Buizel.

Jessica, now ready for the finale, snapped her fingers and raised her arm upwards. Scooter smirked and sent his tube of water straight into the air. The audience looked on with anticipation, as they sat on the edge of their seats.

"Now!" Jessica exclaimed to the Buizel.

On cue, the Buizel's tail began to glow a bright white and it whipped its body around, launching an immense Sonicboom. This broke its Aqua Jet into tiny little water droplets, that shined and sparkled under the stage's lights. Scooter, gracefully landed nest to Jessica as they both struck Buizel's signature pose. The audience lost it and cheered louder than they ever had before. Never before had they seen such an amazing connection between Pokemon and Coordinator, that only one word was needed. The audience continued cheering, drowning out the MC, who was trying to wrap things up. Jessica smiled and waved to the enamored crowd, blowing kisses to them as she walked off the stage. She high-fives her Buizel as they await the results of the first round.

"Alright Buizel, you did good, but we gotta be better in the second round if we want to win" she said confidently, as the first round results poured in, Jessica and Buizel being one of the first announced.

Backstage after the results arrived, Jessica and Buizel prepared their game plan for the second round, the battling stage, as there was no time to bask in their first round success. That was old hat to them by that point. This was the Kanto Grand Festival and it was time to win. This would mark the third region they had won the Grand Festival in with a win that night and they were not about to let it slip away. (the ending shall stay a mystery {XD} )

Last edited:

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Coordinator:

Name/Nickname: Soren Ferngully
Sex: Male

Appearance:
98b22f3203b2d0425f92a2b1b414e370.png

5' 4", 120 lbs; Medium-length blonde hair, blue eyes.
Formal attire | Cryogenic bodysuit | General training attire

Personality: A young boy concerned with impressions, often practicing cordiality with others while keeping his reserve in an attempt to get reads on his opponents while being careful not to be too revealing himself. While this may give him a standoff-ish air, he tries his best at times to mitigate it with forced social interactions when need be. He has a contentedness about him that can easily slide into smugness, and he is sure of his abilities and those of his Pokemon. He also has a plotting side, often trying to influence situations to his benefit. Still being a young adolescent, he is very susceptible to lashing out when things do not go his way.

History: Will be disclosed and updated throughout the roleplay.

Pros: Observant, analytical, diplomatic
Cons: Distant, short-tempered, impulsively begrudging

Inventory: Poffin Case, Fashion Case, Revive, discus (x3), 3' long 2" thick wooden pole (x3), hoops of varying sizes (x5), juggling pins (x5), a small cloak, a large rubber ball, two pairs of miniature ice skates, Poké Doll, 36" pugil stick, protective sparring gear.

Quirks: Very particular about neatness and order.

Main Pokemon:

Species: Furfrou (Shiny, Kabuki)
Nickname: Fifi
Ability: Fur Coat
Moves: Baby-Doll Eyes, Tail Whip, Retaliate, Work Up, Charm, Sucker Punch, Cotton Guard
Nature & Characteristic: Impish, Alert to sounds
Best Categories: Cute, Tough
Quirks: Much prefers to be by Soren's side than anything.

Backup Pokemon:

Species: Cryogonal
Nickname: -
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Mist, Acid Armor, Sheer Cold, Freeze-Dry, Light Screen, Aurora Beam, Ice Shard
Nature & Characteristic: Serious, Sturdy Body
Best Categories: Clever, Beautiful
Quirks: Will occasionally turn itself upside down, holding that position as it proceeds for no particular reason.

Writing Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Alright, two new apps! Thanks you guys!

Spoiler:

I'd love to accept this one but I feel there are a few kinks that should be ironed out. I understand the gist of your character, though I wouldn't consider her fear of Bug types a real "con", though that's a minor thing. Her Pokemon are definitely interesting species-wise, but (I recently linked this on the first post in the app section; I apologize if it was confusing) I expected actual characteristics, ones used in the game, for that particular section. As for your writing sample, there were errors strewn throughout that really disrupt the flow of your writing.

As the announcer began announcing her name, Jessica sprinted out of the tunnel and onto the stage with a huge, friendly smile. She got to her spot on the stage and waved to the crowd and the judges.

"Alright, Scooter! Time to shine!" she yelled out as she threw her Pokeball up in the air and out comes the Buizel and some rain drops as part of the effect, his orange fur glistening beautifully from the water. (<-- This is a run-on sentence.)

Just if you could review it and add in some commas, split up some sentences so they don't run on for so long, I'd appreciate it. But this app will be good as gold with a few edits. It's mainly just a few minor errors that'll eventually make all the difference.

Spoiler:

What a cunning little boy...! But your writing sample is very well-done; I especially appreciate how you mention toughness and how the sparring match related to that. Soren seems like the type of coordinator to perform alongside his Pokemon, based on the sample and the ice skates. Does he carry around all that training equipment on a regular basis, though? But, anyway, you're accepted.

Godzilla said:

Just a notification that Coco has been formally accepted to the roleplay. I scrapped the whole "wait to review" app strategy I planned on using.

I also removed the Pro and Cons section from the application and some other revisions on the first page. I will be linking apps to accepting coordinator names... eventually, haha

Final notification: I'll be accepting three more coordinators before I open up an IC thread and we can start playing!

Last edited:

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
What a cunning little boy...! But your writing sample is very well-done; I especially appreciate how you mention toughness and how the sparring match related to that. Soren seems like the type of coordinator to perform alongside his Pokemon, based on the sample and the ice skates. Does he carry around all that training equipment on a regular basis, though? But, anyway, you're accepted.

Thank you, it's much appreciated.

The ice skates are actually for his Furfrou, in the event that we have a contest round where Coordinators are required to have our main and backup Pokemon perform together. That said, his bodysuit has retractable skating blades built in, being an outfit specifically made to get up and personal with his Cryogonal during performances. You can imagine that piece of equipment is rather expensive and telling of his financial background, at the very least.

His equipment is neatly packed in a compartmentalized trunk he rolls around. We'll say its dimensions are 3.5 ft. long, 3 ft. wide, and 2 ft. deep. It wouldn't be too heavy considering the items listed, but the bodysuit would probably be the heaviest item in there, followed by the pugil stick. I suppose he does carry it around with him. I think I'll have him dropped off to every location via some chauffeur. Or maybe he drives around in a little buggy car. I'm unsure.

I also removed the Pro and Cons section from the application and some other revisions on the first page. I will be linking apps to accepting coordinator names... eventually, haha

Will we have to edit our applications appropriately?

FireSnow

Years
Alright, two new apps! Thanks you guys!

I'd love to accept this one but I feel there are a few kinks that should be ironed out. I understand the gist of your character, though I wouldn't consider her fear of Bug types a real "con", though that's a minor thing. Her Pokemon are definitely interesting species-wise, but (I recently linked this on the first post in the app section; I apologize if it was confusing) I expected actual characteristics, ones used in the game, for that particular section. As for your writing sample, there were errors strewn throughout that really disrupt the flow of your writing.

Just if you could review it and add in some commas, split up some sentences so they don't run on for so long, I'd appreciate it. But this app will be good as gold with a few edits. It's mainly just a few minor errors that'll eventually make all the difference.

Final notification: I'll be accepting three more coordinators before I open up an IC thread and we can start playing![/FONT]

Yeah, sorry about that! I'll get to work on a newly edited app straightaway and should have a new one up relatively soon. I'll be sure to make it more realistic haha

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Thank you, it's much appreciated.

The ice skates are actually for his Furfrou, in the event that we have a contest round where Coordinators are required to have our main and backup Pokemon perform together. That said, his bodysuit has retractable skating blades built in, being an outfit specifically made to get up and personal with his Cryogonal during performances. You can imagine that piece of equipment is rather expensive and telling of his financial background, at the very least.

His equipment is neatly packed in a compartmentalized trunk he rolls around. We'll say its dimensions are 3.5 ft. long, 3 ft. wide, and 2 ft. deep. It wouldn't be too heavy considering the items listed, but the bodysuit would probably be the heaviest item in there, followed by the pugil stick. I suppose he does carry it around with him. I think I'll have him dropped off to every location via some chauffeur. Or maybe he drives around in a little buggy car. I'm unsure.

Will we have to edit our applications appropriately?

...have a main and backup perform together? You're awfully prepared... But your character seems the type to think ahead. And, definitely, a cryogenic bodysuit must have cost a pretty penny. Nice to see some hints to where this Soren Ferngully came from.

If he has a chauffeur, they'd have a lot of traveling to do on their own. We'll be crossing oceans at some point. But you've put some remarkable thought and effort into your inventory.

As for the changes, not unless you'd like to. If everyone's apps are already accepted, there's no requirement to go back and get rid of things unless you'd like to give your partners' TM moves now. I trashed the rule about only having TMs later on. Felt it was a little too restrictive.

Yeah, sorry about that! I'll get to work on a newly edited app straightaway and should have a new one up relatively soon. I'll be sure to make it more realistic haha

Re-reviewed your app, and it looks good! Fixed those grammatical/structural errors and the Buizel's performance makes more sense and relates to Coolness as well more than the original ice sculpture carving did. But perhaps the audience was a little too excited by Buizel's performance. "Never before had they seen such an amazing connection between human and Pokemon..." That's certainly more than being impressed, that's seeing a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and that seemed a little exaggerated to me.

But my favorite additions came from the application itself where you added to Jessica's personality, pros and cons. The "creative differences with her Malamar" and her being "slow to react if everything doesn't go as planned" were especially nice touches becuase it really added another side to her and her relationship with her Pokemon. And now I'm really interested to see how that comes to life in the roleplay, so of course you're fully accepted!

Sorry if this seems unnecessarily in-depth by the way :P

FireSnow

Years
Re-reviewed your app, and it looks good! Fixed those grammatical/structural errors and the Buizel's performance makes more sense and relates to Coolness as well more than the original ice sculpture carving did. But perhaps the audience was a little too excited by Buizel's performance. "Never before had they seen such an amazing connection between human and Pokemon..." That's certainly more than being impressed, that's seeing a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and that seemed a little exaggerated to me.

But my favorite additions came from the application itself where you added to Jessica's personality, pros and cons. The "creative differences with her Malamar" and her being "slow to react if everything doesn't go as planned" were especially nice touches becuase it really added another side to her and her relationship with her Pokemon. And now I'm really interested to see how that comes to life in the roleplay, so of course you're fully accepted!

Sorry if this seems unnecessarily in-depth by the way :P

Nope that's perfect, more in-depth the better! Here to get better and learn from this! :)

Yeah I may have described the crowd's reaction a bit overzealously haha just couldn't think of the right words without making it seem like the crowd wasn't excited enough.

Looking forward to this!

Years
Good, good! The training makes sense, being that Lapras is pretty bulky, and her father's definitely got some athletic prowess. Hariyama's even bulkier. I assume Coco has an affinity for the hefty types, huh?

You know what? I didn't even realize that. But between Lapras, Hariyama, and her Snorlax doll, I'd have to say she subconsciously likes bulky Pokemon. Some sort of connection to her athlete father and how she was raised, perhaps... I'll have to do something with that later. Repressed emotions, psychological association, I don't know.

Disclosed said:
If everyone's apps are already accepted, there's no requirement to go back and get rid of things unless you'd like to give your partners' TM moves now. I trashed the rule about only having TMs later on. Felt it was a little too restrictive.

I'll stick with my choices. Perhaps her father frowned on TM's, preferring to showcase a Pokemon's natural abilities instead.

...kind of giving poor Coco some serious daddy issues, here. XD

Back