• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Pok?Trivia: Viridian's Coffee Guy

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • PokéTrivia: Viridian's Coffee Guy

[Side note: Since Nathan had interest in writing for this series too, I'm happy to delay the release of this even if I write it earlier, although it should be release before/not long after the RBY re-release. Gonna quote him too on that.]

This is for the PokeTrivia series (working name but the current popular choice, see http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=361974). The article won't be very long as will be the nature of a lot of these articles. It'll be about the NPC in Viridian who teaches you how to catch Pokemon courtesy of a Weedle (and can't even do it himself). Earlier on he blocks your path because he "hasn't had his coffee".

The trivia piece itself is that in the Japanese version of the games, it's not coffee he hasn't drunk, but alcohol he drunk too much of! It makes more sense then why he's lying in the middle of town yelling at you, with another NPC apologising for his behaviour.

It'd also be worth pointing out GSC/HGSS keep up the coffee thing, while in the Japanese version he hiccups before talking.

(Turns out I wrote a bit about this elsewhere so for a taste, last part of this article. But I'd restructure it for a standalone piece, plus the additional information).
    Thoughts?
    curiousnathan said:

Last edited by a moderator:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Hiroshi Sotomura said:
    My only issue with "PokéTrivia" is the Pokémon Trivia forum.

I do want to see some trivia articles though! Like this one.
    I guess that can be thought on until the first article for the series is to be posted. The other suggestion for it yet in the series pitching thread hasn't been preferred to this, and the section probably won't be too easily confused imo.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Sounds pretty good and fun; definitely should have more fun articles like these!

It's now approved! Discussions for this are still open. I'll be sure to assist when needed!

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • So discussion on Skype spawned the idea that the series of articles could be centred around Blaine the "trivia/quiz master." Basically, the articles will be his "dialogue," where in each edition of the series he explains the fun fact. He'll basically be the mascot of the series if that makes sense. We'd need to incorporate aspects of his personality in his "dialogue," incorporate jokes here and there if need be (a la burn heal joke) and anything else that will contribute to feeling that he's talking to readers about the fact.
    bobandbill said:
    "Hi, I'm Blaine, the Gym Leader of Cinnabar Island, and a self-professed Quiz Master. If you don't believe me, check my Gym's Sign!"

[image of sign here]

Anyways, here I'll explain to you readers some neat facts you may or may not know about Pokemon. But first you must answer my quiz!

Relevant question to article - e.g. "Should you trust the coffee-drinking fellow in Viridian City?

answer, explanation of facts"

One of the biggest steps is deciding on a name!

Blaine's Fun Facts
    Blaine's Trivia
    Blaine's Bootylicious facts
    Blaine's Flaming Hot Facts!

Another thing to consider is the cover photo. Will consist of images of him from the original Pokemon cards, if so which ones? Or do we want to have an image of him posing? Or maybe an alternation/combination of both?

Here's some potential material to work with
    Spoiler:

Also Jake brought up the idea of getting someone in A&D to sketch us an image of him perfectly suited to the article (if they want to of course). So many options!

I'm also in agreement with using the coffee guy for rants!

Last edited:
    Back