• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unova features

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
  • At this point its all but guaranteed that we will eventually get remakes of our beloved generation five games, however generation five changed up quite a bit...
    What features would you guys like to see return from BW/B2W2 that didn't make it to the generation 6 games, what features do you NOT want to return?

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I kind of wanted to see the seasons come back in some way. I think out of everything, that was the biggest thing that I thought would become a regular feature. I said in another post that having a dynamic environment really keeps the game fresh.

That said, I don't want the C-Gear to return. I wasn't a huge fan of it and the pop-up message when launching the game got old. The way it is in ORAS is how it should be. I'm also not sure I want as much emphasis placed on temporary features, such as the Dream World.

Years
  • If any feature from 5th Gen has to return in a future generation, it needs to be seasons. They gave Unova a very realistic feature and it was just weird seeing it suddenly removed in 6th Gen.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I can't really think of anything I wouldn't want to return. Even something as lackluster as Musicals I would rather have return and improved upon rather than discarded completely. So it goes without saying that I'd like all "Unova-exclusive features" to make a comeback in one way or another.

The C-Gear could be treated in a similar way to the PSS, but with the added bonus of being able to customize its layout and background. And seasons should definitely make a comeback, even if they're tweaked in how often they rotate through. One of the biggest ones for me, though, is the revival of the Dream World. I thought that was very fun and a great way to keep playing the game without actually playing on my DS. It would be even better if it was expanded upon and given more depth to what could be done there.

Years
  • I can't really think of anything I wouldn't want to return. Even something as lackluster as Musicals I would rather have return and improved upon rather than discarded completely. So it goes without saying that I'd like all "Unova-exclusive features" to make a comeback in one way or another.

I do admit I played the Musicals a lot and they were fun, but I felt like the feature could have been improved on in B2/W2, instead of just leaving them the same. It's like a feature I feel sorry for because it had a lot of potential.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I do admit I played the Musicals a lot and they were fun, but I felt like the feature could have been improved on in B2/W2, instead of just leaving them the same. It's like a feature I feel sorry for because it had a lot of potential.

I definitely agree on it being a feature with potential. Dressing up your Pokémon is really fun, and if they had found a way to make it more interactive, I think it would have surpassed Contests in enjoyment value. They likely didn't expand upon them in B2W2 due to the creation and incorporation of not only the PWT, but also the entirety of PokéStar Studios.

Back