• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon of the Day - Dratini (163/???) [being remade]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
How much trouble did Whitney's Miltank give you?
Not much, actually... even during a Nuzlocke run. I just spammed Rock Smash to weaken the cow... xD
HOWEVER, I will never forgive that wild Miltank I couldn't run away from that killed my Typhlosion and Jolteon. :'(

Have you ever used a Miltank yourself? Was it as devastating as Whitney's?
No... but maybe I should put aside my prejudice for the cow and see what using one would be like...

Years
tumblr_m955c8AzzL1re51hao1_500.gif

Almost none, actually. Even back to my early playthroughs, my plan was to always go in with Butterfree and its status moves (Sleep/Poison Powder, Stun Spore), and hope for the best. And as far as I remember, I never lost to that Miltank once!

Have you ever used a Miltank yourself? Was it as devastating as Whitney's?
I've never tried using one, since I've usually got my teams planned out by the point where you find wild Miltank. Having a Miltank like Whitney's that knows Defense Curl and Rollout is enticing though- even more so if you let Miltank hold an item like a Metronome.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years

Some trouble, at least. I had a Quilava, and I don't remember the full details of the battle, but ugh... Miltank.

pkmin3033

716 - XERNEAS

600px-716Xerneas.png

"Legends say it can share eternal life. It slept for a thousand years in the form of a tree before its revival."

Huh, I didn't know the Forest Spirit made the flowers grow. Today's Pokemon of the Day is Xerneas! The Legendary mascot of Pokemon X and one of the first Generation VI Pokemon to be revealed, Xerneas is unique amongst Legendary Pokemon in that its signature move, Geomancy, is also a status move. Whilst it is relatively plain in Neutral Mode, when it Active Mode its antlers light up like a Christmas tree. Due to the fact that it is a required capture for Pokemon X's story, Xerneas' Catch Rate is absurdly high for a Legendary Pokemon, at a whopping 45. Thus far, Xerneas has only had a significant appearance in the Diancie movie, although it appeared very briefly in the anime as a foggy silhouette.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Xerneas! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• What were your first impressions of Xerneas when it was first revealed? Have those impressions changed significantly now that the sixth generation is potentially coming to an end?
  • Xerneas' Neutral Mode is never really used in the games; it's little more than a colour change. What would you add to it to change that?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
None of the Xerneas questions apply to me, I didn't have an opinion on it when I first saw it and I've literally never heard of this 'neutral mode' nonsense. But at least as of now it does look pretty cool and I did pick X so...

Adam Levine

Years
Xerneas' Neutral Mode is never really used in the games; it's little more than a colour change. What would you add to it to change that?

Both Xerneas AND Yveltal should have a form like this. Xerneas's Neutral Form should look a little tree-like, while Yveltal's should be like a cocoon. They should also utilize them the same way Aegislash does: by using certain moves.

pkmin3033

359 - ABSOL

600px-359Absol.png

"It senses coming disasters and appears before people only to warn them of impending danger."

Once I called you brother, once I thought the chance to make you laugh was all I ever wanted. Today's Pokemon of the Day is Absol! A herald of natural disasters, Absol is proof positive that no good deed goes unpunished, as it is often blamed for the disasters it senses. As such, it's no surprise it chooses to isolate itself in mountains, as far away from the ungrateful masses as possible. Despite its isolationist policies, Absol was pulled back into the limelight once more three generations later, being one of the first Pokemon to receive a Mega Evolution, giving it angelic wings, a snazzy new tail, and the most ridiculous haircut imaginable. Absol's first major appearance was in Jirachi Wish Maker, although it also appeared repeatedly under the ownership of Drew throughout the Hoenn saga.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Absol! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Absol getting a Mega Evolution means it's highly unlikely it will get an evolution. Did you want an evolution for Absol prior to this? Were you satisfied with its mega?
  • In some games, Absol's location in the wild has coincided with in-game natural disasters or calamities. Is this something you would like to see again in the future, perhaps in a more plot centric role?

Years
tumblr_n5xzmbQiEH1rfywh4o1_500.gif

Absol getting a Mega Evolution means it's highly unlikely it will get an evolution. Did you want an evolution for Absol prior to this? Were you satisfied with its mega?
Absol wasn't necessarily one of the single stage Pokemon that I was hoping to get an evolution, so I'm not upset or anything that we missed out on that. And I was happy with it's mega evolution, and actually used it for a decent amount of time in Pokemon Y, along with Mega Lucario and Mega Blastoise.

In some games, Absol's location in the wild has coincided with in-game natural disasters or calamities. Is this something you would like to see again in the future, perhaps in a more plot centric role?
It's done this in the anime as well, which I always thought was cool, considering the legends surrounding Absol. While I think it would be kind of neat, I don't really expect Absol to show up in future games as a major plot point, but maybe a trainer with an Absol can make a reference to it foreshadowing an event later on in the game.

Adam Levine

Years
Absol getting a Mega Evolution means it's highly unlikely it will get an evolution. Did you want an evolution for Absol prior to this? Were you satisfied with its mega?

I was mostly satisfied about it. The only thing wasn't about it was the fact that it has wings but can't be part Flying, but I guess that'll hinder it more.

PageEmp

Years
I've always thought Absol getting a regular evo would be interesting, and I am not at all impressed with the pathetic crap that is his mega. Why does it look so kind-ass? Why wings? Why is it also basically an emo version of Absol? Come on. This is the DISASTER poke. I'm hoping in S&M, it will get a rgular evo so that if anybody doesn't really like the mega, they can use the normal evo, and I hope the normal evo gives it a more 'evil' vibe, imo.

In some games, Absol's location in the wild has coincided with in-game natural disasters or calamities. Is this something you would like to see again in the future, perhaps in a more plot centric role?
I quite like it. It's interesting, so yeah I'd like to see in in future games.

pkmin3033

601 - KLINKLANG

601Klinklang.png

"The minigear spins at high speed. Then the energy from the red core charges the minigear to make it ready to fire."

Is it an automatic or a manual? It's a witchcraft, that's what it is! Today's Pokemon of the Day is Klinklang! One of the weirder Pokemon of Generation V, Klinklang is the final form of Klink. Despite it's odd design, Klinklang is awesome enough to have TWO signature moves in Gear Shift and Gear Grind, with the former giving it enough of a boost to make it a respectable NU tier sweeper. In the anime, Klinklang briefly appeared in the Victini movies, and one also appeared in Chargestone Cave, which is populated to Zubat-level extremes by its pre-evolution in the games.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Klinklang! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Klinklang is not explicitly stated to be a man-made Pokemon, yet it is clearly designed to fit into man-made machines. How do you think it came to be?
  • As Klinklang is essentially a Klink with additional gears, what do you imagine a Mega Klinklang would look like?

Reactions: EC
Years
As Klinklang is essentially a Klink with additional gears, what do you imagine a Mega Klinklang would look like?
Sorry for ****posting on your thread, Meloetta, but... does anyone remember this fake Mega Klinklang "leak"? xD
Spoiler:

Other than that, I don't really have many feeling toward this Pokemon. It wasn't my favorite of the inanimate object-based Pokemon introduced in Gen V.

pkmin3033

91 - CLOYSTER

600px-091Cloyster.png

"When attacked, it launches its horns in quick volleys. Its innards have never been seen."

I'm not even going to go there. If you want to go there, just substitute the word "Cloyster" for "vagina" in your head and have fun. Today's Pokemon of the Day is Cloyster! The evolved form of Shellder, and one of the few Pokemon that evolves through use of a Water Stone, Cloyster is about as inviting as it looks. Despite its supposedly impressive, nigh-on-impenetrable defenses, Cloyster has made a niche for itself in the metagame as an entry hazard cleaner and placer, or a Shell Smash sweeper – it either isn't designed to be around for long, or is designed to remove enemies rather than stall them. In the anime, Cloyster was used by Prima Lorelei when she battled against Ash, who previous managed to Crabhammer his way through one in the Indigo League. Hutch of Team Rocket had one as well.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Cloyster! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• When a Shellder bites a Slowpoke's tail, they become Slowbro. What do you think would happen if a Cloyster bit Slowpoke's tail?
  • Apparently, Cloyster's innards have never been seen, despite the malevolent purple ball in the middle. So, what do you think Cloyster's innards look like?

Adam Levine

Years
Klinklang is not explicitly stated to be a man-made Pokemon, yet it is clearly designed to fit into man-made machines. How do you think it came to be?

Oh, it's manmade. They just didn't tell us.

When a Shellder bites a Slowpoke's tail, they become Slowbro. What do you think would happen if a Cloyster bit Slowpoke's tail?

All hell would happen. Slowbro is now both offensive and defensive.

PageEmp

Years
When a Shellder bites a Slowpoke's tail, they become Slowbro. What do you think would happen if a Cloyster bit Slowpoke's tail?
Mega Slowbro Y confirmed

Apparently, Cloyster's innards have never been seen, despite the malevolent purple ball in the middle. So, what do you think Cloyster's innards look like?
I dunno, maybe just the purple ball and that's it XD.

pkmin3033

236 - TYROGUE

600px-236Tyrogue.png

"It is famous for its eagerness to fight and always nurses injuries from challenging larger foes."

We must be swift as the coursing river, with all the force of a great typhoon! Today's Pokemon of the Day is Tyrogue! A baby Pokemon introduced in the second generation, Tyrogue remains the only Pokemon whose evolution is determined by its stats – specifically, its attack and defense stats, allowing it to evolve into one of three possible Pokemon: Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, or Hitmontop, the last of which was introduced alongside it. Unsurprisingly, Tyrogue is described as having one of those overenthusiastic beginner personality types, which will take on any foe at any time in an effort to get stronger. In the anime, Tyrogue has had one major appearance, in which it had been abandoned by its trainer and formed a street gang.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Tyrogue! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Would you want to see more Tyrogue evolutions in the future based on Special Attack, Special Defense, etc?
  • What did you evolve your very first Tyrogue into, and why?

Adam Levine

Years
What did you evolve your very first Tyrogue into, and why?

Hitmontop. The reason why is because I didn't want to go through the hassle of balancing both Attack and Defense a second time.

PageEmp

Years
Would you want to see more Tyrogue evolutions in the future based on Special Attack, Special Defense, etc?
Well I'm interested to see how they'd be done with the other stats. I'm also interested what their fighting style would be and which famous fighter they would be named after XD

What did you evolve your very first Tyrogue into, and why?
None because I've never gotten one, and the last time I did get it I didn't use it ;-;.

pkmin3033

331 - CACNEA

4vUd8gM.png

"By storing water in its body, this desert dweller can survive for 30 days without water."

Amazing, isn't it, how annoying a little prick can be? Today's Pokemon of the Day is Cacnea! Introduced in Generation III, inhabiting the desert area of Route 111, Cacnea is one of the lucky few Pokemon to have its own signature move, Needle Arm, although as of Generation VI three other Pokemon – Maractus, Quilladin, and Chesnaught – can also learn it. Paradoxically, the harsher its environment, the more attractive the flower on its head is. Despite its prickly disposition, Cacnea is quite a friendly Pokemon in the anime, always willing to give its trainer James a well-deserved hug before proceeding to be utterly decimated by its opponent. Ultimately it was left with Gardenia in the Sinnoh arc, there to perfect its Drain Punch.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Cacnea! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Cacnea vs. Maractus: which of the Cactus Pokemon is your favourite, and why? Would you like to see the two linked together with a branching evolution in the future? If so, what form do you think this would take?
  • Did you find James' Cacnea to be a suitable replacement for his Victreebel?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back