The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Previous Generations
6th Gen POKEMON ORAS PLAYTHROUGH

Old June 19th, 2016 (9:34 PM). Edited July 1st, 2016 by stzy.
the battlefield got weird.

ΩRαS
    PLAY-THROUGH

CURRENT PROGRESS: DYNAMO BADGE (WATSON)
    DEADLINE: JULY 1st

Hello and welcome to the official thread for our un-official play-through of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. I, along with several other members of our humble community, will be playing through these games from start to finish, battling against each other after every gym along the way! We've already started, but we’re currently accepting new applicants. If this sounds like something you’d like to try, check out the rules below and maybe sign-up!

CURRENT PLAYERS

Here is a list of players currently participating in this play-through:
    AVAILABLE FOR BATTLE / UNAVAILABLE FOR BATTLE

Spoiler:
    Jim Slesus (UTC -4)
    Devon – 5387 1776 4730
    W: 4
    • Combusken
    • Lombre (Luigi)
    • Kirlia

danica
    danica – 0173 1343 6035
    W: 0
    • Ralts (Millie)
    • Shroomish (Quinn)
    • Zubat (Sedona)

Mister Coffee
    Reznick – 4270 4981 7313
    W: 3
    • Treecko
    • Ralts (Ronnie)
    • Wingull (Guliver)

Living Arrow
    David – 0877 1218 2190
    W: 3
    • Turtwig (Wiggy)
    • Zigzagoon (Bandita)
    • Abra

GreenLegend56
    GreenLegend – 5043 3200 0385
    W: 7
    • Torchic
    • Taillow (Ruffles)
    • Shroomish (Shiitake)

BlackTalon
    BlackTalon – 3196 5604 7930
    W: 4
    • Cosplay Pikachu (Zeta)
    • Alakazam (Gamma)
    • Taillow (Tau)

destinedjagold
    Jagold – 0061 1111 6462
    • Grovyle (Tiki)
    • Poochyena (Star)
    • Beautifly (Noodle)

Lrachelr5
    Lucy – 1435 7814 4058
    • Mudkip (Finnick)
    • Poochyena (Bellatrix)
    • Ralts (Juliet)

RULES

We’ve come up with a set of rules to follow as a group, just to balance everything and keep things fair. Please read before signing up for the play-through.

Spoiler:
    • battles against each other will be fought in the single-battle, no-restrictions format UNLESS another format is agreed upon by both participants.
    • participants will battle after defeating each gym leader. remember: there is no "winner" or "loser" in this play-through and everyone has busy schedules, so if you don't get to battle a certain player before the deadline, no sweat! Just move on and be sure to try and battle them next time around.
    • you may only have three Pokemon in your party up to and during the section of the 4th badge. Upon starting the fifth 5th section (after beating the 4th gym leader and battling whichever players are available), and at any point after, you will have the opportunity to add three more Pokemon to your party. They do not all have to be added at once.
    • once posted or "claimed", your party Pokemon are locked-in. When you catch a Pokemon, please post it’s species to this thread ASAP. Any other information (a few perfect IVs, egg moves, HA, etc) may be excluded at your discretion. I will update your info on the player-list as soon as I can.
    • if you want to start with a Pokemon other than Treecko, Torchic or Mudkip, you may breed ONE unique Pokemon to start with. It may have egg-moves. Please do not breed Pokemon with perfect IVs as some newer players do not have access to this, thus making IV breeding an unfair advantage.
    • At the beginning of each section, players will have the opportunity to switch out Pokemon in their party for different Pokemon. You may choose any Pokemon so long as it/they fall(s) within the restrictions, but you may only do this at the beginning of each section and you MUST post which Pokemon are being replaced.
    • the deadline for the current badge (or section) will be displayed in bold font in the first post of the first page. deadlines will vary from badge to badge and are determined by us (the players) as we go along, so if you need more time/think it's taking too long, speak up to have your opinion heard!
    • to keep things balanced through-out the game, each section will have a level cap as follows:
      Spoiler:
      • Stone Badge (Roxanne): up to level 20 level 15
      • Knuckle Badge (Brawly): up to level 25 level 25
      • Dynamo Badge (Wattson): up to level 25
      • Heat Badge (Flannery): up to level 30
      • Balance Badge (Norman): up to level 35
      • Feather Badge (Winona): up to level 40
      • Mind Badge (Liza and Tate): up to level 45
      • Rain Badge (Wallace): up to level 50
      • Elite Four: up to level 60*
      *subject to change

This is a relatively lenient and straight-forward set of rules, and we’re not gonna kick you out if you accidentally break one or two. But if you really can’t follow them and choose to purposefully and repeatedly go against them, you’re gonna get booted because no one’s gonna wanna play with ya… pretty simple.

REGISTRATION

To sign-up, simply reply to this thread or send me a private message. I don't need too much info, but to make things easier it would help if you used this simple form:
    Code:
    IGN: (your in game name)
    FC: (your friend code)
    Starting Pokemon: (the Pokemon you're going to start with)
    And that's about it, ladies and gentlemen. Hopefully we've convinced you to try this out with us! Thanks for stopping by the thread... see ya in Hoenn! :)

4313 4689 5250
    Old June 20th, 2016 (8:52 AM). Edited June 20th, 2016 by Mister Coffee.
    Blathering Fool

Nature: Lax
      Edit:
      IGN:
      Reznick
      FC: 4270-4981-7313
      Pokemon:
      -Treecko (Beezley)
      -Ralts (Ronny)
      -Wingull (Guliver)

I think I'm cementing these pokemon as my three main battling pokemon for now. I like their type spreading and at the moment they work together pretty well. There's no unique features to them nor am I attempting to EV train them at the moment. I just got to Rustboro where the first gym is (I guess I really did overestimate how much time I would need to progress :P), I'm not quite ready to take it on but I might challenge the first gym either late tonight or tomorrow.

"Somewhere off in a distant world, an island exists, where the ocean only meets the sand, where the weather is always warm. An adventure begins, traveling from the vast lands into the deep seas, chasing into the heart of the tropics, where the plants are vibrant and the beasts are fantastic. We will find each other there, chasing the fleeting dreams of a land full of beauty and potential."
      Old June 20th, 2016 (11:38 AM). Edited June 21st, 2016 by Living Arrow.

IGN: David
        FC: 0877-1218-2190
        Pokemon: Turtwig (Wiggy), Zigzagoon (Bandita), Beautifly (Cabbage)
        Old June 20th, 2016 (1:32 PM). Edited June 20th, 2016 by danica.
        water fairy !!

IGN: danica
          FC: 0173-1343-6035
          Pokemon:
          -torchic (beatrice)
          -
          -

join the oras playthrough!
          Old June 20th, 2016 (6:43 PM).

Info is already on the list but I figured I might as well post it :p

IGN: Devon
            FC: 5387 1776 4730
            Starting Pokemon: Torchic

Also just caught a Lotad (Deez Nuts) so she's gonna go in my party.

4313 4689 5250
            Old June 20th, 2016 (10:01 PM). Edited June 21st, 2016 by GreenLegend56.
            Way too lazy to change his name

Nature: Calm
            EDIT
            IGN: GreenLegend
            FC: 5043 3200 0385
            Starting Pokemon: Torchic (BBQChicken)

Also just caught a Taillow (Ruffles) and she'll be heading straight into my party!

Just caught my 3rd pokemon, Shroomish (Shiitake)
            Old June 20th, 2016 (11:28 PM).

IGN: BlackTalon
              FC: 3196 5604 7930
              Starting Pokemon: Treecko (Epsilon) I started with Mudkip in my previous walkthrough and fire types bore me :/
              Old June 21st, 2016 (12:17 AM).

Quick question, are we allowed to catch pokemon to use in the campaign but not use in the weekly battle?
                Old June 21st, 2016 (5:00 AM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by BlackTalon View Post
                  Quick question, are we allowed to catch pokemon to use in the campaign but not use in the weekly battle?
                  Absolutely! The restrictions only apply to your "party" Pokemon, and in this case, "party" just means the Pokemon WE (us here on PokeCommunity) use to battle each other. Feel free to use whatever Pokemon you want for story-content or HM slaves.

Also, quick question: how would everyone feel about changing the Pokemon lock to after every badge? So for example, you could catch an entire new team of Pokemon after every badge. Maybe make the max amount of Pokemon three?

4313 4689 5250
                  Old June 21st, 2016 (7:42 AM).

Yo guys, whats up!? I've got my first gym badge and I'm ready to battle anyone if they want! Just let me know :)
                  Old June 21st, 2016 (8:30 AM).
                  Blathering Fool

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jim Slesus View Post
                    Absolutely! The restrictions only apply to your "party" Pokemon, and in this case, "party" just means the Pokemon WE (us here on PokeCommunity) use to battle each other. Feel free to use whatever Pokemon you want for story-content or HM slaves.

Also, quick question: how would everyone feel about changing the Pokemon lock to after every badge? So for example, you could catch an entire new team of Pokemon after every badge. Maybe make the max amount of Pokemon three?
                    This all sounds fine to me. I have my team of three currently which were edited into my first post on this thread.
                    I've caught a ton of pokemonm but even in the game I'm only keeping my team of three since they are kind of the only three pokemon that work in my team at the moment. I do like the idea of being allowed to swap our teams after each badge if we want.

I have finished acquiring the first gym badge this morning, so I'm ready to fight anybody who is also ready. My pokemon are all level 17 currently. I was going to grind them to 20 and then stop, as per the rules.

"Somewhere off in a distant world, an island exists, where the ocean only meets the sand, where the weather is always warm. An adventure begins, traveling from the vast lands into the deep seas, chasing into the heart of the tropics, where the plants are vibrant and the beasts are fantastic. We will find each other there, chasing the fleeting dreams of a land full of beauty and potential."
                    Old June 21st, 2016 (9:10 AM).

Alrighty, I switched up the rules a little. Changed the 3 Pokemon before the 4th badge thing to:

"you may only have three Pokemon in your party. Before we begin each section (after obtaining a badge and battling), players will have the opportunity to switch out Pokemon in their party for different Pokemon. You may choose any Pokemon so long as it/they fall(s) within the restrictions, but you may only do this once per section, and only at the beginning."

Sound good for everyone? Honestly if something is bugging you let us know! We all wanna have a good time.

4313 4689 5250
                      Old June 21st, 2016 (9:28 AM).

That does sound good, but surely we still need to have a time when its 6 Pokemon in the party!

Also I'll battle anyone who wants to after I sleep.. Considering it's 3am and I haven't had any shut eye yet lol, talk later!
                      Old June 21st, 2016 (9:38 AM).
                      Blathering Fool

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by GreenLegend56 View Post
                        That does sound good, but surely we still need to have a time when its 6 Pokemon in the party!

Also I'll battle anyone who wants to after I sleep.. Considering it's 3am and I haven't had any shut eye yet lol, talk later!
                        We unintentionally have two active threads about our playthrough and because we're trying to make this thread the main one, we made this thread after the first thread we were using, and we had established a few rules in the other thread that we forgot to write down in this thread.
                        First thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=370855

In this thread, Jim had established this rule, "...you may only use 3 Pokemon in your "battle" party until the 4th badge, at which time you may capture up to 3 more Pokemon for your party."

Old June 21st, 2016 (10:08 AM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Mister Coffee View Post
                          We unintentionally have two active threads about our playthrough and because we're trying to make this thread the main one, we made this thread after the first thread we were using, and we had established a few rules in the other thread that we forgot to write down in this thread.
                          First thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=370855

In this thread, Jim had established this rule, "...you may only use 3 Pokemon in your "battle" party until the 4th badge, at which time you may capture up to 3 more Pokemon for your party."
                          Will the battles after the 4th gym be 6 pokemon single battle or a 3 pokemon single battle with 6 pokemon to choose from?
                          Old June 21st, 2016 (10:31 AM).
                          Blathering Fool

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by BlackTalon View Post
                            Will the battles after the 4th gym be 6 pokemon single battle or a 3 pokemon single battle with 6 pokemon to choose from?
                            I actually have no idea. I don't remember us talking about it before in either of the threads.
                            I just reread all of the posts in the other thread and the closest answer I could find to what you were asking was: "...challenges are fought in single battle format."
                            I'm not sure if that answers the question(I'm super new to playing this game if you haven't seen previously), but if not you should just ask Jim himself. If my opinion helps towards setting the rule, I would prefer to play with my entire 6 pokemon team (not just 3 out of the 6) by the time we get to badge four, but until then we should only play with 3.

Old June 21st, 2016 (10:43 AM).

I agree. Was just making sure that was the case.
                              Old June 21st, 2016 (11:33 AM).

Hey guys!

I updated my original post with my first team but not sure if I need to grind? Does the wifi battling system auto-level our 'mons to 50?
                                Old June 21st, 2016 (12:03 PM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Living Arrow View Post
                                  Hey guys!

I updated my original post with my first team but not sure if I need to grind? Does the wifi battling system auto-level our 'mons to 50?
                                  I don't believe so Arrow, there are different settings for wi-fi battling if I remember correctly so I believe we will be fighting with our pokemon as is.
                                  Old June 21st, 2016 (12:03 PM).
                                  water fairy !!

hey everyone! i'm ready to battle and i'll be available for the next three hours or so ^^

also, i caught a taillow named audrey last night!

Old June 21st, 2016 (1:00 PM).

I caught a Lotad named Delta that I would like to add to my party :)
                                      Old June 21st, 2016 (1:11 PM).
                                      Blathering Fool

So I'll be available to be battled tomorrow from 6pm-11pm Pacific. :)

Old June 21st, 2016 (1:12 PM).

Hey guys sorry about the confusion, I'm totally getting ahead of myself and screwing things up lol. Let's stick with 6 Pokemon after the 4th badge, because that seems to be what we all want :) I added everyone's Pokemon to the list, if I forgot something let me know!

4313 4689 5250
                                          Old June 21st, 2016 (1:16 PM). Edited June 21st, 2016 by stzy.

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by GreenLegend56 View Post

Are you still just using Torchic bro?

And I'm gonna add an "available/unavailable" section to the list of players so it's easier to see who's ready to go!

EDIT: Nvm GreenLegend I saw your other post! Sorry I missed it. If it's not too much trouble, from now on, can we just make a new post whenever we catch a Pokemon to add to our party? I'm subscribed to the thread so I'll get a notification, and I tend to miss it when it's just edited in. Thanks guys!

I promise I'll be good to battle by tomorrow, a lot going on irl but always time for Pokemanz y'all.

4313 4689 5250
                                            Old June 21st, 2016 (8:27 PM).
                                            water fairy !!

hey guys! i actually replaced my two current pokemon with millie the ralts and quinn the shroomish (and i also added sedona the zubat!)

i'm also still available to battle all of tonight and tomorrow!

Quick Reply