• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Battle Frontier [IC] [T]

Years
  • The Battle Frontier
    Meta Journey Event | Rated T | Meta HQ Here

BattleFrontier.png

Welcome to the Battle Frontier!

This is a prestigious place that brings people together in competition transcending the borders of the regions and the confines of their leagues. Only the best of the best from all around the world are invited to participate in the challenges this island may set before you. Usually.

This is a bit different though. Seeking to increase the Battle Frontier's popularity, the Frontier Committee has scouted several talented but green trainers from throughout the world and has opened the doors of its notorious Battle Tower to them to give them a taste of the thrill that the Frontier offers and an opportunity to capture some rare Pokemon that might not be easy to find in one's home region.

How This Works

This event is related to the Meta Journey, but is not meta itself. Instead you will play in-character as the trainer you signed up with in your Meta Journey Region with access only to Pokemon you have obtained in the Meta Journey (or in this event). Throughout this event you will write battles in the Battle Tower against either non-player characters or in joint posts with other Meta Journey Participants. There is no set number of battles you can participate in and the more you do, the merrier because this event runs on a point system.

In this event you will be competing to obtain a mysterious Pokemon egg that will hatch into an extremely rare Pokemon. This is done by adding more points to your total through battle posts with the person who has the most points at the end of the month winning the egg and adding it to their Meta Journey team. The points you earn are as follows:

Wild Battle: 1 Point
    NPC Tower Battle: 2 Points
    Joint Post Tower Battle: 5 Points
    Bonus Points: Each battle post will gain up to an additional 10 points for good writing, creativity etc.

This is the In-Character thread in which you will post as your Meta Journey characters interacting and battling with one another, or otherwise experiencing the Battle Frontier island if you so choose. You can find the OOC thread here.

Did You Say Wild Pokemon?

I did! During the span of this event you may cash in your posts here in the sign-up thread instead of in your Meta Region threads, and yes your in-character posts for the event do count. Writing a battle for any Pokemon you catch is not required and can essentially be done "off-screen" however Wild Battles are one of the ways you can earn points.

The Pokemon available to you are:

Spoiler: Bug
    213.png
    412.png
    636.png

Spoiler: Dark
    215.png
    442.png
    570.png

Spoiler: Dragon
    371.png
    610.png
    714.png

Spoiler: Electric
    081.png
    602.png
    694.png

Spoiler: Fairy
    173.png
    175.png
    669.png

Spoiler: Fighting
    236.png
    447.png
    701.png

Spoiler: Fire
    667.png
    058.png
    240.png

Spoiler: Flying
    142.png
    187.png
    441.png

Spoiler: Ghost
    200.png
    425.png
    607.png

Spoiler: Grass
    114.png
    406.png
    672.png

Spoiler: Ground
    104.png
    207.png
    529.png

Spoiler: Ice
    131.png
    582.png
    712.png

Spoiler: Normal
    052.png
    235.png
    287.png

Spoiler: Poison
    048.png
    451.png
    690.png

Spoiler: Psychic
    280.png
    360.png
    517.png

Spoiler: Rock
    222.png
    438.png
    566.png

Spoiler: Steel
    374.png
    436.png
    679.png

Spoiler: Water
    054.png
    341.png
    418.png

To obtain one of these Pokemon you'll need to cash in (and link to) either three IC posts or eight theatre posts. They're a bit more expensive than your normal Meta Journey options since a lot of them aren't easy to get in your chosen region and because you've got an easy posting opportunity here. You can do this in the OOC thread.​

Last edited:

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years

• ORAS_Delinquent_Icon.png
    Blair Rice - Serperior, Lilligant, Whimsicott, Chandelure, Glaceon, Mareep

Blair frowned as she watched her opponent, a young boy who looked far too serious for his age. He stared at her from across one of the Battle Tower's second floor arenas as if he was studying her, something she honestly found kind of creepy. "Hey kid," she called, "You do realize it's just the first floor, right? You lose here and it's not like you're gonna die, you just pop right back and do it again."

"Are you suggesting I'm going to lose?" He asked, a hint of venom in his voice.

"What?" Blair was taken aback at first, but then she was just annoyed. "Are you stupid or something? I'm saying that you're so wound up it looks like your head's about to pop. You shouldn't do something if all it's gonna do is stress you out. You'll die of a heart attack or something."

He let out a sigh. "You're the stupid one here." Blair made it clear that she resented that, but he ignored her and continued. "You just don't get it. If I let my guard down for even a second, that's when I lose. This match is the first step on my path to a new world. A better world. And I can't afford to lose, no matter what!" No longer wasting any time, the boy reached for one of the pokeballs clipped to his belt and threw it towards the battlefield, unleashing a Lucario who seemed just as eager to begin.

After Blair realized her words weren't reaching her foe, she growled and pulled her own ball out of her pocket. She lazily tossed it in front of her, where it burst open to reveal a regal Serperior. The boy seemed a bit surprised to see her pokemon, probably because of how little it resembled its unrefined trainer. He quickly put the thought out of his mind and looked to the referee expectantly.

The referee gave the signal to begin, and within moments the Lucario was charging towards its serpentine foe. "Let's finish this quickly! Bullet Punch!" The charging canine seemed to disappear mid-sprint, only to reappear with its fist in Serperior's face. "Now Close Combat!" The first punch was quickly followed up by another, then a kick which was quickly turning into a flurry of indiscernible attacks.

"Come on, Sunny, show him who's boss!" Blair shouted to her Serperior. In response, Sunny the Serperior shot a demonic Glare at the Lucario that seemed to ooze killing intent. The Lucario stopped in its tracks, paralyzed by fear for just a second. "Now, Leaf Blade!" With a graceful spin, Sunny's tail began to shine a bright green before plowing right into the Lucario gut, sending it flying all the way to the other side of the arena.

"You da man, Sunny!" Blair cheered, pumping her fist in the air. The Serperior looked back at its trainer and grinned confidently.

The boy at the other end of the arena didn't seem quite so happy. His eyes were wide in shock, and his teeth were grit in anger. "How did you do that! You didn't even tell it to use Glare!" Blair gave only a knowing smile and a shrug in response. "You know what!? Fine! My moves were stronger and your move wasn't very effective anyway! I'm still winning!" True enough, his Lucario stood back up with minimal injuries. He gave a confident grin of his own, but it was shaky. Blair sighed, already very tired of this boy, and turned her focus back to the fight.

"Close Combat" The boy called, and his Lucario pushed past its paralysis to charge at Sunny once again.

However, the paralysis slowed the fighting pokemon enough for Sunny to get a move in first. At Blair's command, Sunny coiled tightly, the position protecting it somewhat from the the flurry of attacks. They stayed locked together like that, Sunny pulling itself tighter and tighter, and the Lucario continuing its relentless assault until Blair finally gave the command.

"Slice 'em," was all Blair said, donning a menacing expression. At her words, Sunny uncoiled with violent speed, its shining tail slashing across the Lucario's neck with frightening precision. The Lucario fell back, landing on the ground with a thump.

"Lucario is unable to battle!" announced the referee, signalling Sunny's victory. Blair cheered again and Sunny joined her, the snake pokemon wrapping itself around its trainer gleefully. It caused Blair to trip, but even on the ground she giggled.

"NO!" screamed the boy on the other side, recalling his Lucario. If his teeth were grit any harder, Blair was sure they would break. "My pokemon was stronger, I'm sure of it! This was a fl-"

"Shut it, kid!" Blair interrupted, her stern, sharp voice stopping the boy cold. "If you wanna fight I'll fight, but I'm not going to listen to you whine the whole match! So bring out your next pokemon already."

The boy was speechless, likely running through retorts in his mind while he grumbled before finally just grabbing his next pokeball. "Gah, fine!" hurling the ball forward, it released a glistening black Aegislash, the edge of its blade tinted red. The boy pointed a finger at Blair and said, "I'm ending this." Blair frowned, and Sunny took its position across from the Aegislash. Sunny was covered in bruises from its last fight, but the confidence on its face did not wane.

The referee signalled the beginning of the round, and both trainers called their attacks. "Shadow sneak!" commanded the boy, and the Aegislash unsheathed itself and spun in the air. The Aegislash's shadow lunged forward until it was behind Sunny then sprung out from the ground, mimicking its creators spin to slice at the unguarded serpent. Sunny was thrown to the ground and did not get up.

"Serperior is unable to battle!" alerted the referee. Blair recalled her partner pokemon, congratulating it for a job well done.

Blair reached into her pocket for her next pokemon, sending out her Chandelure. She was surprised to see that the boy was actually quiet. He still seemed incredibly angry, but he also seemed focused. Suddenly, he recalled his pokemon, instead sending out a Tyranitar that looked like it was wearing a collar with a large gem in the middle. "I'm not taking any more chances," he announced. "Let's go!"

Holding out his hand, a ring the boy was wearing began to glow. At the same time, the Tyranitar's collar began to glow, and soon after the Tyranitar itself was surrounded by light. The light exploded in a flash, leaving behind the Tyranitar, now looking completely different. It had become much bigger and much spikier, though Blair thought it also looked much dumber. But regardless, it was clear it had somehow become stronger. Sand began flowing out of the dark gaps in its rough, armor-like hide until it created a localized sandstorm.

Blair looked to the referee and asked, "Hey ref, can he do that?"

"There are no rules against mega evolution in this facility, ma'am." he curtly replied.

"Huh. I don't know what that is, but I can take it. Bring it, kid!" Blair shouted, and the two 'mon began their battle.

***​

Blair grumbled as she bit into one of the pokepuffs she had bought from one of the Frontier's many shops. She was fully aware they were meant for pokemon and not humans, but she thought they were too good to resist, especially the sweet pink ones. "Man, I really didn't wanna lose against that brat!" She complained to her companions. Her Serperior, Chandelure, and Glaceon sat nearby, enjoying their own pokepuffs. The latter two both fell at the hands of the powerful mega-evolved rock-type, resulting in a crushing defeat.

"That magnum whatchamacallit should be banned. How was I supposed to fight it if I didn't even know what it was? If it wasn't for that I woulda wiped the floor with the little punk." Sunny chimed in agreement, finishing the rest of its pastry before laying down against Blair. Before long, the other two followed suit, though Sunny and her Glaceon made sure to stay on the side of their trainer opposite the fire-type.

The delinquent absentmindedly pulled the white sphere she'd received from the weird green-haired guy out of her bag and began to fiddle with it. She'd been trying to figure out what it did since she got it, twisting and turning it or jamming her fingers into the dimples along its surface but to no avail. Even hitting it against things didn't seem to have any impact.

"Well, whatever," she conceded as she tried to squeeze the stone in between her palms. "Like I told him, it was just the first floor. We just pop right back and take out the next guy, no sweat." After some encouraging cries from her teammates, Blair returned them to their pokeballs and stood back up, looking at the huge tower ahead. All she could do was hope that her next opponent wouldn't be so unbearable.

Back