• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spotlight on... Amiibo!

Years
  • Spotlight on... Amiibo!

Spotlight on... Amiibo!

The Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card was released with the first print run of the game. It can be used to unlock Shadow Mewtwo as a playable character right from the start, though must be scanned every time you start the game. Once you've unlocked Shadow Mewtwo permenantly by completing the requirements in-game the card can then be used like any other amiibo to unlock daily Special Bonuses.

Special Bonuses can be obtained up to fives times per day using any amiibo figure or card from any series. Each individual amiibo can only be scanned once per day. Here is a list of all that can be unlocked:

Titles:
    Lucario's Buddy
    Pikachu's Pal
    Machamp's Chum
    Gardevoir's Good Friend
    Weavile's Playmate
    Suicune's Sidekick
    Charizard's Trusted Pal
    One of Gengar's Gang
    Pikachu Libre's Compadre
    Blaziken's Bud
    Sceptile's Supporter
    Chandelure's Follower
    Garchomp's Friend
    Braixen's Buddy
    Mewtwo's Companion
    Fighting Battle Trainer
    Raging Battle Trainer
    Ferocious Battle Trainer
    Catch and Throw
    Grappler
    Battle Seizer
    Paybacker
    Counter Attacker
    Endurer
    Shot Taker
    Sure Shot
    Legendary Sharpshooter
    Hardened Battle Trainer
    Unwavering Battle Trainer
    Iron-Wall Battle Trainer

Outfits:
    Fluffy Muffler
    Santa Hat
    Santa Claus Costume Set
    Star Facepaint 2
    Cat Ears

Backgrounds:
    Electronic Space
    Falling Autumn Leaves
    Harvest Festival
    Falling Snowflakes
    Giant Snowman
    Merry Christmas
    Happy New Year

Currency:
    100 PG - 100,000 PG

Whilst the usefulness of amiibo in Pokkén could be argued I'd still love for a set of Pokkén Fighter figures to be released. They would look so cool striking their fighter poses! I have a Croagunk NFC figure for Pokémon Rumble U which I'm actually quite attached to! I do enjoy playing the game more because of this little lump of plastic! It just makes me think how awesome it would have been to have a Pikachu Libre figure right from the start to record all our progress on and have that partnership represented in a physical form! Maybe they could add extra options to customise your fighter's appearance too, similar to the mirror designs. It would be neat to be able to take your true partner to friends houses or competitions!

Not quite as cute but another option would be to have a Ferrum Battle Trainer amiibo figure or card which you can record all your stats, achievements and customisation on! Again, more amiibo exclusive options would be an added bonus!

Fan-made Amiibo:
    Spoiler:

How about you, do you like collecting these special bonuses? Have you got them all yet? Did you have some amiibo anyway or have you bought any just for this feature? (I did! Needed an excuse!) Would you like an official Pokkén Tournament amiibo set to be released?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    wait amiibos can get you extra stuff in the game?

fuckin' hell I wish I knew that before, I've only used the Shadow Mewtwo card once the whole time I've had Pokken

Years
  • To be honest, I wish the Amiibos would've done a bit more... I would've loved to use my Link Amiibo and unlock him as a playable character in Pokken Tournament, but that would be too good to be true. {XD}

I think some Pokken Amiibos would be cool, as long as they have a purpose inside of the game, and not just to unlock stuff :P Maybe they could unlock a different challenge? For example, a Machamp Amiibo could unlock a single-player mission where you face off against an expert-level Machamp trainer.

Back