• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Self proclaimed hipster says hi

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    Hiya

I'm Violet, the friendly neighbourhood hipster whose favorite bands you propably never heard about. I'm 19, work the soul sucking job that is Microsoft call support and relieve all that tention with pokemon, games, books and creative outlets a plenty! I used to be super into pokemon around the time the 4th gen came out, up till Black and White 2 were announced. However, being a kid that's horrible at setting aside money, I never did get those last 5th gen games, and i could not aford a 3DS for the latter ones, efectively locking myself out of the pokemon experience. I managed to get myself a 2DS after i received my frst salary about half a year ago, but nintendo hates my country so I could not get any pokemon games till, literaly 2 weeks ago. I got Omega ruby, finished the maingame content in a week, now going for a complete pokedex and getting into romhacks, fangames and just the rest of the community wich I do hope to contribute to with maybe my amateur artistic skills. Hope i'm welcome!

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    Thanks for the warm welcome! Yeah, the job's far from perfect, and idk how long i'll be able to take it, but hey it pays well, and that's kinda important having moved out from my parents and all! XD But yeah, im having lots of fun basicaly rediscovering pokemon, i realised i never even learned the names of the 5th generation pokeon, let alone sixth and now the alola ones... @-@

Years
    Hiya

I'm Violet, the friendly neighbourhood hipster whose favorite bands you propably never heard about. I'm 19, work the soul sucking job that is Microsoft call support and relieve all that tention with pokemon, games, books and creative outlets a plenty! I used to be super into pokemon around the time the 4th gen came out, up till Black and White 2 were announced. However, being a kid that's horrible at setting aside money, I never did get those last 5th gen games, and i could not aford a 3DS for the latter ones, efectively locking myself out of the pokemon experience. I managed to get myself a 2DS after i received my frst salary about half a year ago, but nintendo hates my country so I could not get any pokemon games till, literaly 2 weeks ago. I got Omega ruby, finished the maingame content in a week, now going for a complete pokedex and getting into romhacks, fangames and just the rest of the community wich I do hope to contribute to with maybe my amateur artistic skills. Hope i'm welcome!

Aw man! My post was deleted by faulty connection! Bad timing, but oh well! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us art-wise! Don't forget to keep me appraised about it and if you ever feel like chatting me up I'll be there! I hope you saved up enough for Pokémon Moon when it comes out so we can trade Pokémon ohoho!

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    I worked for a call center and I lasted for about a year before I quit.

Let's just say customer support, after working multiple positions in that area, is just not my forte. D:

But hi, welcome to PC, Violet! ^__^ I hope you enjoy yourself around the community!

same to this day. .____________________.

haha, yeah, idk how much longer I can take it, or how long they're gonna keep me around. I'm looking for alternatives just in case.

Heya there! welcome to PC, nice to have you here!

That sounds like a good way to release your stress, if you ask me. Which is your favorite aspect of the games? you played any fangames or ROM Hacks before?

Good luck with all of your projects! let me know if I can help you around :)

Thank you! Well, as far as the main games go, it's honestly just the "collectathon" aspect of it. I'm a bit of a hoarder IRL, but given my nature of now wanting to stay in one place for too long, i cant amass too much of a collection of physical items, because moving would just become imposible.

I doubled in romhacks a bit years ago, around the time of DPP. Namely i played ash grey, light platinum and a few others i can't really remember. Nowadays there is just so much I can't help but feel excited!

As far as projects go, honestly right now im looking to maybe help out some smaller rpg maker/ romhack projects with art, spritework, dialogue and possibly some actual coding once I get more into it. i fancy myself a quick learner.

Aw man! My post was deleted by faulty connection! Bad timing, but oh well! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us art-wise! Don't forget to keep me appraised about it and if you ever feel like chatting me up I'll be there! I hope you saved up enough for Pokémon Moon when it comes out so we can trade Pokémon ohoho!

Haha, happens. XD As I said above, im mostly looking to help out some smaller projects for now, we'll see what i'm gonna do later on. And don't worry, Both Sun AND Moon are allready preordered (though I'm definitely gonna be playing through Moon first)!

Back