• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fairy-type in teams

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • Fairy type has existed for a generation and a half now. Has it found a place in your teams or do you not consider it worthy of a slot? How has it changed your standard team composition since Gen 6?

Years
  • Fairy-types have actually become a regular of my main story teams. I used Sylveon in X, Gardevoir in Alpha Sapphire and Primarina in Moon, which all served my team very well.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I skipped Gen VI and only started with VII late this year but I am sooo confused because of the effectiveness changes. I am really dependent on the blurb saying a move is or isn't effective against a Fairy-type otherwise I wouldn't even know where to begin. I have not yet used it on a team but I might do that next time just to get a better hang of the type. I had to look at effectiveness charts for the first time in ten years, though, that felt weird. o_o

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I am a fan of the Fairy type and some of my favourite Pokemon are Fairy Type such as Gardevoir, Primrina and Clefable.

Fairy type also gives an answer to dragon types which were previously overpowered. I always have a Fairy Type on my team.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • It largely depends on my team makeup, to be honest. My Moon main team already technically has a Fairy-type in my starter, but I usually pick my teammates so they balance each other in terms of types. For example, I would only really pick a fairy if I have a crippling weakness to at least two types that fairies can manage.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    They have a sure spot in my team, because they became my favourite Type along with Grass <3 I don't play competitively so I really just play with Pokémon I like. So I often have more than 1 Fairy type in my team

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • I haven't played any of the 3DS Games yet. If I do some day (hopefully, maybe), I'd definitely like to try out a Fairy Type on my Team. Would a Fairy Type be a regular Member on my team though, not sure.

Pika Pika :chu:

Back