• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the regional Pikachu

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    So in every generation we see a kind of Pikachu clone, that doesn't evolve.
    Have you ever used them? Do they have a special spot on your team?
    Spoiler: they are:
    Minun/Plusle
    Pachirisu
    Emolga
    Dedenne
    Togedemaru

I never found them appealing before I saw Dedenne. I fell in love with that cute little Fairy and wanted to use it. It felt so underpowered however, but I still kept it around "just in case". I then learned to love the other Pikaclones and tried them all on my teams. Togedemaru was kind of a powerhouse in one of my runs, I was pretty surprised it could hit pretty hard!

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I didn't find Plusle and Minun too appealing, but I thought Pachirisu was so cute. I raised one competitively back in 4th Gen and used it in more than a few of my WiFi battles, even snagging a win or two with him. Emolga, Dedenne, and Togedemaru have yet to impress me as much however.

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I didn't find Plusle and Minun too appealing, but I thought Pachirisu was so cute. I raised one competitively back in 4th Gen and used it in more than a few of my WiFi battles, even snagging a win or two with him. Emolga, Dedenne, and Togedemaru have yet to impress me as much however.
    I remember someone won a tournament or something with a Pachirisu? It was pretty funny, even though I didn't understand much. For some reason I really disliked Pachirisu back then, but I can't remember why. What made it so good competitively?

Years
  • I remember someone won a tournament or something with a Pachirisu? It was pretty funny, even though I didn't understand much. For some reason I really disliked Pachirisu back then, but I can't remember why. What made it so good competitively?

Yes, it was a VGC tournament at the World Championships years ago. I already liked Pachirisu thanks to Dawn in the anime, but I do admit seeing one triumph at Worlds has given people a whole new view on this little electric rodent.

If I recall, the strategy of the winning Pachirisu utilised the move Follow Me.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I don't really like them at all hahah. I've been ignoring them for ages. Not a fan of Pikachu too much, so seeing a ton of generic Pikaclones doesn't really excite me. I did like Pachirisu, though! It was one of the only ones that had some uniqueness to it, to the point where I'd question whether it should be considered a Pikachu clone at all.

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I don't really like them at all hahah. I've been ignoring them for ages. Not a fan of Pikachu too much, so seeing a ton of generic Pikaclones doesn't really excite me. I did like Pachirisu, though! It was one of the only ones that had some uniqueness to it, to the point where I'd question whether it should be considered a Pikachu clone at all.

tbh I felt the same, I disliked Pikachu a lot, and all Pikaclones because of it. But Dedenne shed a new light to them for me, also I'm a sucker for Fairy Types. I also stopped disliking Pikachu for some reason, I can't really understand why. I used to dislike him because he was the mascot and he was everywhere, I think.
    I also agree with your idea of Pachirisu, it has a pretty different design, but I included it because well, it's still an electric-type rodent ^-^;

Years
  • My personal fave of the batch was Emolga because it along with Togedemaru and Dedenne all have an immunity to a certain type. I just like Emolga's design for some reason, along with it being a notable comedy relief in the anime.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    The only one I used was Emolga because I really liked the type combination. I used the one you get in a in-game trade, and it ended up being very useful. I don't have interest in using any of the others; they don't look that strong/useful.

Years
  • That reminds me, Dedenne and Togedemaru got badly screwed over in the moves department. They both only got one secondary STAB move, Play Rough and Gyro Ball respectively.

The problems are Dedenne has higher Sp. Atk and Play Rough is physical, while Togedemaru is too fast to effectively use Gyro Ball.

Quixiin

Mansa123
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2018
    I don't really have a special love for any of them but Plusle and Minun.
    I memorized their cries, aha. (this is my first post :0)

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I don't really have a special love for any of them but Plusle and Minun.
    Hi! Welcome to Pokécommunity! :)
    What did you like about Plusle and Minun? I also have their cries memorized, but I think that's just because I played Sapphire too many times :P

Quixiin

Mansa123
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2018
    I don't know, I guess the idea seems to unique to me.
    I first heard them while watching this series, called PokeSins. Basically during each episode they would rate the anime series. Anyway, they used Plusle and Minun. And each time they said something about it they would use their cry. (whether it was positive or negative.)

Sorry about the long and strange explanation, aha.

Years
  • I don't really have a special love for any of them but Plusle and Minun.

That's an interesting choice. They were probably introduced to showcase 3rd Gen being the first generation to include double battles, since their abilities power up each other when they're out together in a double battle.

I also like how they are the partner Pokemon of the player in the first Pokemon Ranger game, but the one you get is based on gender, with males getting Minun and females getting Plusle.

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    That's an interesting choice. They were probably introduced to showcase 3rd Gen being the first generation to include double battles, since their abilities power up each other when they're out together in a double battle.

I also like how they are the partner Pokemon of the player in the first Pokemon Ranger game, but the one you get is based on gender, with males getting Minun and females getting Plusle.

I didn't remember they were in Pokémon Ranger! That might be the reason I don't dislike them anymore, I really enjoyed the first Pokémon Ranger game. (I'm not even sure there were others). I originally bought the game only for the Manaphy Event, but ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would. It also shed a new light to Plusle/Minun for me.

Back